Macross 25th Anniversary Convention

ATTENTION! DATE OFFICIALLY CHANGED TO 26TH OF JANUARY!

Due to inavailability to the venue, the date has been changed from 12th of January to the 26th of January. Please re-mark your calendars. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Cross posted in several anime-message boards. A bunch of us from MW are holding a local convention with a screening for DYRL. Just posting here for awareness. ;)

2000578424552009137_rs.jpg

Macross 25th Anniversary Convention

In conjunction with the 25th Anniversary of Macross, the Macross Fans of Malaysia (“MFM”) in collaboration with the Taylor’s Anime Society will hold the “Macross 25th Anniversary Convention” on the 12th of January 2008 at Taylor’s College University main building, Subang Jaya. A special screening of Macross: Do You Remember Love? the movie will be shown at 2pm during the convention and an exhibition would be held to showcase the various Macross merchandise, including the limited edition 25th Anniversary Macross VF-1S and YF-19 Valkyrie.

We, the Macross Fans of Malaysia, invite you to join us at the convention and meet other fans of this animation masterpiece. Bring your favourite Valkyrie toy or even cosplay as your favourite Macross characters. Goodie bags sponsored by Animax would be given away (to be confirmed). The tickets of the screening of the movie would be at RM4 but the exhibition is free. The price of the tickets would be used to recover the exhibition and rental costs. Those interested to book a place for the screening, may email their full name and hand phone number to Macross Fans of Malaysia (“MFM’) at macrossmy@yahoo.com as places are limited.

Official Website: http://www.macrossmalaysia.com/

T-shirts

This will be a free size t-shirt unfortunately (Size L).

Final draft for t-shirts:

(big images)

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/5713/tshirtv1xu8.png

http://aycu06.webshots.com/image/39245/200...95671673_rs.jpg

Edited by wolfx

I will definately be coming to this event - (Gosh had to work early morning next day - nevermind work later convention comes 1st)

Thanks for your support. Do come on down. ;)

And as for t-shirts....when it happens I'll post details on the For Sale section.

ATTENTION! DATE OFFICIALLY CHANGED TO 26TH OF JANUARY!

Due to inavailability to the venue, the date has been changed from 12th of January to the 26th of January. Please re-mark your calendars. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I went through the event schedule on 26th Jan.

10.00 to 10.30am - Arrival of Guests

10.30 to 11.00am - Performance by Macross Idol, Lynn Minmay / Opening Speech

11.00 to 1.00 pm - PS2 Macross Game Competition - Preliminary Round

1.00pm to 1.30pm - Trivia Contests - sponsored by Animax

2.00pm to 4pm - Screening of Macross : Do You Remember Love ?

4.00 to 4.30pm - Preview of Episode 1 Macross Frontier

4.30pm to 5pm - Lucky Draw

5.15 to 6.30pm - PS2 Macross Game Competition - Final Round

6.30pm to 7pm - Prize Giving and Closing

The performance by Macross Idol, Lynn Minmay (WHAT THE?....... :blink: )

Seriously who is performing? :rolleyes:

That's not my idea....its our club president's (despite my vehement objections) :lol:

And no Lynn Minmay is not goin to be Mari Ijima....we're not as lucky as the yanks. Its going to be some random chinese college student.

But at least we got Hannah Tan (local celebrity) to come. ;)

That's not my idea....its our club president's (despite my vehement objections) :lol:

And no Lynn Minmay is not goin to be Mari Ijima....we're not as lucky as the yanks. Its going to be some random chinese college student.

But at least we got Hannah Tan (local celebrity) to come. ;)

:Heart: Hannah T

Dup2 Dup2

Ohh yeah I am coming!

mhi2.jpg

She is a great host too.

Edited by hakim82

dude pergi jer lah. I am coming from Peneng lagi jauh. Errr getting to Taylor's Uni got public transport or not? Hehehe not so familiar with the Uni area. :blink:

brohakim82,

i'm coming from south..from JB..almost the samelah to reach KL.. :)

also don't know how to get to Taylor's collage..

if take Komuter to Subang Jaya station can aa?

brohakim82,

i'm coming from south..from JB..almost the samelah to reach KL.. :)

also don't know how to get to Taylor's collage..

if take Komuter to Subang Jaya station can aa?

Found a map

map.jpg

Looks like it is close to IDP Australia Office to me.

Guys correct me if I am wrong.

Linky here for bigger map

Hi Hakim and Sahir!

Wow you guys coming down from opposite sides of Malaysia. Glad to have you join us. ;)

Hakim: Correct, it is just opposite of IDP Australia. If you know where is IDP, then you're already 99% to Taylor's. ;)

Sahir: If you take KTM to Subang Jaya, I think best if you take a taxi from there and tell the driver to get to Taylor's College main building. You probably pay about RM5 or less only.

And btw my news article went up in a local newspaper, The Star. Dang this event is getting bigger than I have anticipated.

http://thestar.com.my/lifestyle/story.asp?...c=lifebookshelf

The big event's tomorrow. Wish us luck. :D

Arrgh I missed the part with Hannah Tan... <_< .

Picture was taken by a friend from another forum who came to the event early --- Thanks Arya aka Omega_Prime

ref http://www.transmy.com/index.php?option=co...d=113877#113877

P1030787.jpg

The event was well organized. I arrived late afternoon. Seller booth, VFX game competition & DYRL Mov + Macross F preview was on schedule. Well the Movie was not really ontime but it is forgivable. Any way picture will be up soon. I can't figure out who in the end WolfX & Shahir is. Guys show ur self in the picture later.

Wow....the day is done. Finally. :lol:

hakim82: i was running around making sure the PS2 competition was in full gear and behind the curtains making sure the macross movies played properly.

Photos of the event to show up shortly, taken by our official photographers. I was too busy to take photos. :lol:

So my journey begins from Peneng to KL

2225180328_d5a0714294.jpg

I arrive late, missed the registration for the game + Meeting Hannah Tan too.

2225180334_528a107c7e.jpg

Start walking around the stall area - That Prime is NEW

2225221276_f886cabc14.jpg

I stall sells all Macross

2225270322_bc2a38b3f1.jpg

A friend open up a stall (BoyArk)

2225300730_04b0f57d67.jpg

Very potential buyer just met a very good seller (Chupa & Daughter Vs BoyArk)

2224520567_bf47aa4105.jpg

Why there is no picture of me?

wolfx

my guess is you're the guy wearing specs and black cap.. ;):p

hehe..just thought to bring along my fav 1D..and i think other than the main display, our little 'display' (in front of boyarque's stall) was the only other display in the whole convention..hahahha..so might as well join the smaller one..

Edited by sahir

I did not have much photos as I was going around but saw chupa and boyark, they are swell fellas, chupa's daughther is quite cute !

Sahir, not sure who you are but I think it would be nice to meet you as well :)

Here are some pixs I took, would put up more later !

Photo : Popbox's 1/6 HIkaru & Max VF-1J Hikaru w/ GBP Armour, Prototype HIkaru in Flight Suit

Amacross25004.jpg

Amacross25003.jpg

Amacross25002.jpg

Photo : Low Viz 1, VF-0A Shin w/ghost, Stealth VF-1J w/ FP

Amacross25001.jpg

Sorry about the reflection from the display showcases.

Edited by vanpang

hakim

that is my VF-1D over there along with the MP-5, YF-19 and Ivanov... :p

that means, while you were there..i'm still there..around 2 i chow..letih la.. :D

Ehhh? Isn't that belong to BoyArk's he even ask my help to transform the YF-19. Gosh you R that tall guy who looks after BoyArk's stall when he was away right?