Macross Plus Remastered

Macross007

Alright, so I'm an idiot with nearly no torrent experience. I've got this bad boy (and am seeding) but I have no idea how to use it. I got two IFOs, two BUPs, and 7 VOBs. How do I watch the show now with the subs?

If you have any program that handles DVD playback, you can select to open files from HDD as i do with powerdvd. This will arrange the files and emulate them as a DVD disk. giving you the menu options and all..

Hopes this helps,

I have gotten the movie edition.

There's at least two subtitle errors i found. One is at ~59.50 where the subtitle for Marj Gueldoa's speech started & cut off too quickly. At ~1.12.25, myung's subtitle was wrong, it was supposed to be sharon's speech abt 10secs later, so myung's subtitle was missing.

I have gotten the movie edition.

There's at least two subtitle errors i found. One is at ~59.50 where the subtitle for Marj Gueldoa's speech started & cut off too quickly. At ~1.12.25, myung's subtitle was wrong, it was supposed to be sharon's speech abt 10secs later, so myung's subtitle was missing.

Thank you, I'm aware of the subtitle errors. I was a little too quick reauthoring that DVD. OVA discs 1 and 2 are up at asiandvdclub.org now and I am not aware of any problems with them so far. I plan on redoing the subs for the Movie at a later point to correct the errors and include music/romaji subs (from KAA's great work) I used for the OVAs.

• 2 weeks later...
Not aware if this has been posted but disc 1,2 and 3 from the remastered set are available for D/L at asiandvdclub.org. with english subtitles added. They comprise the OVA and the movie.

Disc 4 has been requested to the uploader but is not yet available.

Probably still working on it.

Do they retain the original menu screens?

Edited by Zinjo

OptimusX doesn't have the 4th disc of the remastered Macross Plus DVD box set, I do.

The 4th disc of the LE remastered Macross Plus box set has

Macross Plus trailers for the OVA, movie and PSX game,

PSX game remastered video footage

(basically just scenes from the OVA),

begining and end credits from the OVAs and Movie,

and

Shoji Kawamori documentary, where he gets to fly with in fighter jet to get a

better understanding of flight combat.

I posted the Shoji Kawamori docuementary as an .avi

under the iMacross4 remastered Macross Plus folder.

No translations were done for any of these videos.

Yes, the updated remastered Macross Plus movie and OVAs retain their original menu structure.

Edited by boinger

OptimusX doesn't have the 4th disc of the remastered Macross Plus DVD box set, I do.

and

Yes, the updated remastered Macross Plus movie and OVAs retain their original menu structure.

Boinger is right, I don't have the 4th disc. Boinger provided the sources for discs 1-3, and I never asked him for the final disc. It seems like the only new material is the Kawamori interview, which he already has available....

How come the files for macross plus at asiandvdclub.org never download. i have had them in que for awhile (weeks) and havent even got the 1st kilobyte yet.

Have you registered on the website? If so, read their faq...

And whereabouts in Georgia are you? I'm in Columbus myself...

and

could you upload the 4th disc, please? For die-hard fans, its a must.

Also, kudos for your work in More Macross Love, it's a nice "non-director's cut" and a good way for people to see some rare stuff like the game clips.

• 2 weeks later...
Wasn't this the first one you uploaded there?

I hadn't even noticed you took it down, still have the original file and seeding.

This is the "extras" disc from the remaster box. It is the 4th disc to be shared, but I don't know what number the disc actually is.

Ask Boinger, he owns the thing :p

This is the "extras" disc from the remaster box. It is the 4th disc to be shared, but I don't know what number the disc actually is.

Ask Boinger, he owns the thing :p

I just had a "Duh!" moment right now. I started downloading the Extras Disc yesterday and along with the DVD files it comes with scans from the booklet and covers. When i looked at the 2nd cover i realized where the confusion came from.

To clear things, the Extras Disc is Disc 4, but the uploader must have read the cover like i had and thought it was 3 and uploaded it as such.

The thing is, on the cover, it says:

"DISC.3

SPECIAL DISC"

This means "Disc 3 (and) Special Disc (Disc 4)" . I thought "Special Disc" was the description of Disc 3 and its not.

I feel like and idiot and will retreat my self for a few hours of self loathing while i watch Discs 1, 2 and 3 in shame. :lol:

I just had a "Duh!" moment right now. I started downloading the Extras Disc yesterday and along with the DVD files it comes with scans from the booklet and covers. When i looked at the 2nd cover i realized where the confusion came from.

To clear things, the Extras Disc is Disc 4, but the uploader must have read the cover like i had and thought it was 3 and uploaded it as such.

The thing is, on the cover, it says:

"DISC.3

SPECIAL DISC"

This means "Disc 3 (and) Special Disc (Disc 4)" . I thought "Special Disc" was the description of Disc 3 and its not.

I feel like and idiot and will retreat my self for a few hours of self loathing while i watch Discs 1, 2 and 3 in shame. :lol:

Lol, don't feel like you had a "duh" moment, you were actually the one to figure it out! A lot of people were not sure why it was called disc 3...this explains everything.

Macross Plus dubbed in English was actually what got me hooked onto the Macross universe, years ago. I've only just got my hands on the English-subbed version, and I have to say that the dubbing was actually pretty good! Far better than what Robotech did to SDFM.

The guy that plays Hal on Malcolm in the middle and on breaking bad does the voice of Isamu.

Edited by miles316

The guy that plays Hal on Malcolm in the middle and on breaking bad does the voice of Isamu.

Holly s##t! You're so right. I didn't know it till you said it but now that you said it and i know it, i can totally hear his voice.

I would never have connected the voice to the person, even knowing the guy's name. I love his role in Malcolm and How i met your mother (Best jacka$$ boss ever), but i've gained a whole new respect for Mr. Cranston.

Holly s##t! You're so right. I didn't know it till you said it but now that you said it and i know it, i can totally hear his voice.

I would never have connected the voice to the person, even knowing the guy's name. I love his role in Malcolm and How i met your mother (Best jacka$$ boss ever), but i've gained a whole new respect for Mr. Cranston.

Found that out last year when searching for info on macross plus. I stumbled on to the wiki for macross and it had the list of voice actors.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bring an old thread back from the grave, but I've been searching the forums meticulously and this is all I could find. ...Have I missed the chance to purchase this boxset? Is there any place to purchase these DVDs? Am I forever screwed, having the old R2 (assuming I can find it) and Mangle versions as my only options? eBay comes up with nothing, and Amazon has one copy that's used...and I'm not sure how trust worthy the seller is. I think I might cry....

Edited by Oihan

Sorry to bring an old thread back from the grave, but I've been searching the forums meticulously and this is all I could find. ...Have I missed the chance to purchase this boxset? Is there any place to purchase these DVDs? Am I forever screwed, having the old R2 (assuming I can find it) and Mangle versions as my only options? eBay comes up with nothing, and Amazon has one copy that's used...and I'm not sure how trust worthy the seller is. I think I might cry....

Yup, long since OOP. But there is hope that Frontier's bluray success will convince BV to start releasing the rest of Macross on bluray sooner than later.

Yup, long since OOP. But there is hope that Frontier's bluray success will convince BV to start releasing the rest of Macross on bluray sooner than later.

It is unfathomable to me how Bandai Visual has refused to bring Macross DYRL and Macross Plus to bluray up until now. It's as if logic escapes them. These two movies are arguably the prettiest most gorgeous looking animated films in the history of animation celluloid. Yet they're being restricted to a medium that's over 15 years old.

Appalling.

It is unfathomable to me how Bandai Visual has refused to bring Macross DYRL and Macross Plus to bluray up until now. It's as if logic escapes them. These two movies are arguably the prettiest most gorgeous looking animated films in the history of animation celluloid. Yet they're being restricted to a medium that's over 15 years old.

Appalling.

Yes, but look at it from their viewpoint. A refreshed Macross release would take manpower, shelf space, and eyeballs that could better be spent on the the latest installment/whoring out/slanderous abuse of the Gundam cash cow. Moo.

Not MUCH manpower, shelf space, and eyeball time, but... Bandai is not exactly a neutral party here. They know what side their bread is buttered on.

There's logic here, it's just not very consumer-friendly logic.

Actually, it has more to do with the Japanese release mentality of "we just released an LE for an ungodly amount of money, and only the people who paid us will be allowed to watch it for a decade." I blame Disney for being a bad influence.