Macross Plus Remastered

Macross007

• 2 weeks later...

It's not a rip of this remastered disc though is it?

I recently downloaded the rip of the mangle version from a group called white_base. (I already own the movie and OVA dvds)

Only a matter of time I reckon before someone rips this HQ one and then adds subs plus eng dub.

Why does everyone hate the dub so much? Don't you like the improved sounds? The yf-21 makes guld sound like he has a god voice.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

It would be good if in future there was no region coding on the dvd players so the US fan can watch japanese releases with the official subs already in them and actually import those ones to sidestep the need to wait for a local release which will never come out.

If I could get the version with the original music and sounds I would if they just put the eng subs in them. (I have all region player so region codes aren't a big deal)

It's not a rip of this remastered disc though is it?

I recently downloaded the rip of the mangle version from a group called white_base. (I already own the movie and OVA dvds)

Only a matter of time I reckon before someone rips this HQ one and then adds subs plus eng dub.

Why does everyone hate the dub so much? Don't you like the improved sounds? The yf-21 makes guld sound like he has a god voice.

It was a joke, right ? :blink: Have you ever heard Minmay singing in english ? It's horrible. Every time I hear "We will win", I want to kill her. And it's one of the many examples. Japanese actors put a lot more afford in their voice acting than the american actors regarding anime.

huh? Minmay doesn't sing in macross plus. I didn't think the dub for plus was actually that bad.

I think you might be thinking of robotech which has nothing to do with macross plus.

The only thing that I don't like about plus is how everyone has the mthrfkn huge-ass pointy noses which i've never seen before happen much in anime. The cloning process must have been a failure. They got all the people with pointy noses and made too many of them.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

huh? Minmay doesn't sing in macross plus. I didn't think the dub for plus was actually that bad.

I think you might be thinking of robotech which has nothing to do with macross plus.

OK. My mistake then. I thought you were talking about the whole Macross and Robotech universe.

Edited by Macross007

• 10 months later...

Well some one just released the R2 Japanese remastered dvd with english and spanish subtitles added to it as a torrent. I am Downloading it now to seee if its timed right and if it includes the original menus etc to it as its a VOB dvd copy it seems. If its good (the actual R2 dvd with just subs added that are retimed with no alters to the menus) and not against any rules ill post the link later, as for now it has only 1 seed and i wanna seee if its good or not before posting.

Well yeah, but anything's better than splicejobs like Robotech. I liked the actors in the dub, but the writing could've been better. The whole "Sharon explaining why she's trying to shoot down Isamu" was sort of muddled by Myung's poorly choosen line leading into it. I never understood the scene until I saw it subbed.

I ripped the R2 DVDs of the OVA and the movie, added the subs (that I found here) and converted them to AVC/M2TS files so I could watch them on my PS3. Came out pretty good.

I had the KAA fansubs of the OVA, they are good but I wanted a rip of the DVDs I already had.

Well some one just released the R2 Japanese remastered dvd with english and spanish subtitles added to it as a torrent. I am Downloading it now to seee if its timed right and if it includes the original menus etc to it as its a VOB dvd copy it seems. If its good (the actual R2 dvd with just subs added that are retimed with no alters to the menus) and not against any rules ill post the link later, as for now it has only 1 seed and i wanna seee if its good or not before posting.

I like to see it too

yeah just to state I'm a semi avid Dub hater BUT even I admit there are a few series with damn good dubs. examples being Cowboy Bebop (seriously I like the dub better then the sub) Macross Plus is also one where I enjoy either one and some older shows like Tenchi Muyo/El Hazard even had good voice acting on their dubs. Good comedy without being stupid or changing the story. So you really can't immediately write off a dub as there are a few gems

Well it finally finished but took forever due to the one slow seed. Yepit took my pc several days running 24-7 to get it the original seeder has a very slow connection. Ill make seeder number 2 now and will keep my computer up for a couple weeks straight if you guys want it, I got a fast connection so the uploads should be good. Turns out it is the movie version of Plus. i used DVDshrink to convert it to an iso and checked it by emulating it as if it was burned to a disk with daemon tools. Weighs in at 6.91 GB, It is only the copy of Disc 3 which is the Movie with the Subs added and the original menus. Now if only this guy would do Disc 1 and 2.

Sorry it took so long to post this today I fell asleep waiting on it.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/1991379

On Tokyotoshan?

Wow, it's so much more clear than the Manga version. It still gives me rage that Manga had the audacity to sell the POS "work" they did on the Plus movie.

To be fair I own the Emotion R2 release of the movie and the video quality is the same!

Manga had a POS transfer to work with and all they did was dub, sub and sell it as it was.

The remastered edition is so superior to the original releases of the OVAs and Movie for both Japan and North America!

To be fair I own the Emotion R2 release of the movie and the video quality is the same!

Manga had a POS transfer to work with and all they did was dub, sub and sell it as it was.

The remastered edition is so superior to the original releases of the OVAs and Movie for both Japan and North America!

You're thinking of the OVA.

The Mangle movie DVD wasn't dubbed. It was a straight VHS rip. Hard subs and all.

That's why I never bought it.

• 2 weeks later...

i've downloaded raw rip like, a month ago and found english soft subs for it @ Macrosshare.

converted whole movie for psp :p looks great :p

Edited by crescens

i've downloaded raw rip like, a month ago and found english soft subs for it @ Macrosshare.

converted whole movie for psp :p looks great :p

ya I did that with my R2 DVD. Made one M2TS file for the PS3 and one to watch on the ipod touch.

might check out this iso.

I can shrink the ISO with DVDShrink, correct? I don't have dual layer burner. I know there will probably be loss in quality but I do have the original remastered DVDs so its not that big a deal to me.

ya I did that with my R2 DVD. Made one M2TS file for the PS3 and one to watch on the ipod touch.

might check out this iso.

I can shrink the ISO with DVDShrink, correct? I don't have dual layer burner. I know there will probably be loss in quality but I do have the original remastered DVDs so its not that big a deal to me.

OFF. still no ps3 here ( waits for Macross games or FF7/Xenogears remake )

yes, DVDShrink works nice. But if you got it on DVD already and you just want to watch it on iPOD/PSP get the *.mkv version that's lurking somewhere on the net :) it's going sweet to mp4 ( dont know about mov though )