Macross 25th Anniversary TV Special thread *READ THE 1ST POST*

azrael

Rating  

298 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of the TV special?

• Oh baby! I need new pants.
    • I need to see more or no comment.
    • Boring. Change the channel, NOW .

Just noticed this when the red bugs are approaching the Island 1:

post-1093-1200358255_thumb.jpg

It is really huge!!! There is an ocean in there, with a lot of 'little' islands, each of which, I guess, have it's own city. At least the two big islands near the front of the ship have cities in them.

Just noticed this when the red bugs are approaching the Island 1:

post-1093-1200358255_thumb.jpg

It is really huge!!! There is an ocean in there, with a lot of 'little' islands, each of which, I guess, have it's own city. At least the two big islands near the front of the ship have cities in them.

I think those "islands" are hills. And its not really a sea...more like a lake/bay area.

If the next episodes are the same quality than the 1st.....

We will need lot of news pants....loooot of news......... I know... !! I'll buy potatoes bags..... It's more confortable to watch a big series....

you might as well just get pampers for seniors. <_<:lol:

I have found in Emule the complete special tv from TBS, Shoji Kawamori interview+Macross frontier first episode.

the size is 1.37 Gb, if you are interested please search this file:

マクロス25周年記念特番 「祝25周年!あのマクロスが帰ってくるぞSP!!」

;)

Edited by Bio

I have found in Emule the complete special tv from TBS, Shoji Kawamori interview+Macross frontier first episode.

;)

How about downloading the file and then seeding it on a torrent site?

Much easier these days. E-mule is going the way of the dodo I'm afraid...

;)

Or use Rapidshare or MegaUpload. PM a mod when you do.

Probably a non-issue, but what do people think of the possibility that Ranka might think she just saw her brother get squtched by the red bug at episode's end? We know it's

Gilliam, but how would she know, assuming she knew her brother Ozma flies a VF-25?

Too many assumptions... :blink:

Probably a non-issue, but what do people think of the possibility that Ranka might think she just saw her brother get squtched by the red bug at episode's end? We know it's

Gilliam, but how would she know, assuming she knew her brother Ozma flies a VF-25?

Too many assumptions... :blink:

I theorised that Ozma saved her when she was a kid from those bugs and those bugs killed her real parents. Then Ozma adopted her. Explains her traumatised stare at the bug unable to run away.

I read somewhere on other Macross F topic, and coming from a magazine scan or something. That Ranka doesn't know about Ozma job at SMS, so I doubt she thinks it's Ozma who get killed by the bug.

Just watched the episode (this is a series not an ova right) and I must say that that was pretty dang good. A good amount of action with a good story behind it. wolfx, if you saw a giant red bug o-doom squash a human and then start walking towards you with a mean look in its eye you would probably have the same reaction as her. I cant wait to see what pilots those bug thingies btw, they seemed to explode so they must be mechanical.

wolfx, if you saw a giant red bug o-doom squash a human and then start walking towards you with a mean look in its eye you would probably have the same reaction as her.

No dude. I'd run like my life depended on it.

Humans run at the sight of danger. They're not like deers looking into oncoming headlights...unless you're frozen with terror or something.

Humans run at the sight of danger. They're not like deers looking into oncoming headlights...unless you're frozen with terror or something.

I wouldn't say always. People have been known to be frozen in fear.

And really its not only that a giant red bug is coming at her, she also saw some dude get crushed a few yards away from her. Her mind is probably in such disarray that she cant even control her legs to run. Heck, even alto looked petrified after he saw the pilot get killed.

From talking to people, it seems they often don't have the slightest clue what their family member does in the armed forces.

If they say "I think he's an F-14 pilot for the Thunderbirds in the Marines" it probably actually means they work on torpedo electronics on a submarine in the Navy. It's sad how clueless many people are about the jobs in the military of their closest relatives. Half the time I ask "what branch" and they'll say "oh, Navy or Army, the one with all the guns".

Children however, are the exception. If a 12-year-old girl has a dad who's an F-18 pilot, she can probably tell the F-14/15/16/18 apart and know who flies what.

My guess--Ranka may suspect something, but only because it was "a valk", not that she noticed what type it was or the squadron markings, etc.

I'll go by anime logic rather than she thinking it was her brother that got crushed.

And anime logic dictates for plot devices for the use of flashbacks to be in place. So I'm sure she was stuck there due to a traumatic past. I bet my Low Viz on it. Hohohoho. (i don't have one. :( )

I don't know about you guys but if I saw a giant red organic/mechanoid bug stomping through my neighborhood I'd be "oh cool a giant organic/mechanoid bug. Err run for the hills" or words to that affect.

If they say "I think he's an F-14 pilot for the Thunderbirds in the Marines" it probably actually means they work on torpedo electronics on a submarine in the Navy. It's sad how clueless many people are about the jobs in the military of their closest relatives. Half the time I ask "what branch" and they'll say "oh, Navy or Army, the one with all the guns".

srsly I think it took me 6 months to get across my job to my mom and on occasion she still slipps. I thought she was getting Alzheimer's.

I have reviewed the links Bio has passed to me (Yes, it is the 25th anniversary Special, and yes, they are on the 1st post of this thread) and it's mostly a behind-the-scenes look at MF from the Satelight studio. There's a short history lesson about Macross' origins with SDFM/DYRL?. The focus is mostly on MF. And you see how a VF goes from Lego blocks to CG. It appears that they learned a few things doing Aquarion which they've passed on to MF. You production-philes should probably take a look.

After watching the episode for about, like, the tenth time, I realized that Sheryl's apparent assets may be holographically enhanced, just like her stage clothing. The evidence is in the scene where she's sleeping while folding, and the scene where her holosuit reverts to its base form.

So, for all y'all who wanna tap that: it's for looks only, no touch. Sorry guys.

I have reviewed the links Bio has passed to me (Yes, it is the 25th anniversary Special, and yes, they are on the 1st post of this thread) and it's mostly a behind-the-scenes look at MF from the Satelight studio. There's a short history lesson about Macross' origins with SDFM/DYRL?. The focus is mostly on MF. And you see how a VF goes from Lego blocks to CG. It appears that they learned a few things doing Aquarion which they've passed on to MF. You production-philes should probably take a look.

Any chance someone can upload it to rapidshare? I can never get any download slots and I don't want to install their dodgy megaupload bar.

After watching the episode for about, like, the tenth time, I realized that Sheryl's apparent assets may be holographically enhanced, just like her stage clothing. The evidence is in the scene where she's sleeping while folding, and the scene where her holosuit reverts to its base form.

So, for all y'all who wanna tap that: it's for looks only, no touch. Sorry guys.

Have you considered the scene when she boards the Frontier and the Gravity is turned on?

Have you considered the scene when she boards the Frontier and the Gravity is turned on?

And how do we know that's not her holosuit at work? We've seen her all-natural unenhanced form, twice.

Alternatively, it may be that in zero-G, her chest just sticks straight out, and from our perspective, appears to be a lot bigger than it really is.

And how do we know that's not her holosuit at work? We've seen her all-natural unenhanced form, twice.

Alternatively, it may be that in zero-G, her chest just sticks straight out, and from our perspective, appears to be a lot bigger than it really is.

Cuz that's the same dress she was wearing in the shuttle so unless you're implying that Sharon has to wear the holo suit 24/7 which I find highly unlikely....those should be real. :p

And the chest "drops" in gravity and you can see her giving a loud sigh. (An in-joke that gravity is an enemy to breasts :lol:)

Btw i am now downloading the 25th ANniversary special....i just wanted to confirm if this is the same as the Kawamori Interview on AnimeGiga posted by Boinger on iMacross Server thread or totally different?