Macross 25th Anniversary TV Special thread *READ THE 1ST POST*

azrael

Rating  

298 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of the TV special?

• Oh baby! I need new pants.
    • I need to see more or no comment.
    • Boring. Change the channel, NOW .

A bit off-topic.... but I felt love never really was a issue between Max & Milia. I'd say they've always been still in love - but that their respective position within the Fleet just created a lot of strain between them, and thus hurt their relationship.

Yeah...... "falling back in love" isn't really the way to put it, I don't think. More like maybe they put aside the sort of forced barrier between them and just ignore it, I guess.

Damn, I can't believe I read through all of this thread. Here's my pro's and cons:

Pros:

+ I normally hate CG in my anime, but this CG didn't really stick out at all -- hell, it looked good.

+ I LOVED the directing. I really felt the danger when the bugs attacked. It felt like people were really going to die. It's hard to explain it, but it felt real.

+ The music only helped the great directing and the feelings of danger. It was perfect in setting the mood.

Cons:

- The X-gears are pretty gay. They remind me of that weird anime with the roller-skating angels. I don't know for sure if the feet of those X-gears have thrusters, but it sure looked like they were "skating" on air. I honestly think the X-gears were put in because angel wings and roller skates are big in anime right now (Air Gear, Haibane Renmei, Paranoia Agent, etc).

- The character animation was bad. The character designs themselves are unimpressive, but the drawing in the animation is even worse. It's Anime Friend all over again!

Neutrals:

* I'm definitely getting the Mospeada vibe.

* I'm not so sure I like the bugs. I need to see more of them.

Isamu test pilot una disculpa es que no le se muy bien a esto de los mensajes pero ya te desbloquie ahora si mandame la informacion porfis un saludo de tu paisano regio................ricardo dieck

2005759354965015017_rs.jpg

Juruyoku hanpirei kazan mitai ni hikaru FEEL (A feel that shines like a volcano in inverse proportion to the galaxy.)

kimi ha shitten'no? wastashi no BEATING HEART (Do you know my beating heart?)

mousou no GALAXY suberi ochitara POISON SLEEP (A galaxy of fantasies; slip and you're in a poison sleep,)

nanokusenkou daitan na kiss de (Cross over a trillion light years.)

tobikoero narapeko na no (with a bold kiss; I'm hungry,)

tsugi no STAGE ni ikimashou (Let's go to the next stage.)

mottekkei! ryuusei chirashite DAYS (Take it! those days when you scatter the meteors,)

koko de jibun no FIGHT (This is your fight, right here.)

XTC korogashite yo (Burn through The XTC,)

tondeike kimi no mune ni SWEET (Fly, sweet, into your arms.)

omakase shita SIGN (The sign I left you,)

motto yoku shite ageru ageru (I'll make it even better, better for you.)

IT'S A COME ON DON'T BE LATE!

(thanks again to the folks at ShinsenSubs)

Edited by UN Spacy

The AiA translation of the song is somewhat different :

In this weightless world, it shines like a volcano

Don't you know ? It's my daring heart

This galaxy is delusion, falling into a poison sea

Because of a daring kiss over millions of light years

We'll overcome it !

Deep down we hunger for it

Let's move to the next stage

Take Them ! The days of shooting starts !

This if the fight of our lives

We'll leave our mark here

Fly! There's sweetness in your heart

Gime me a sign

And I'll do it ever so gently.

It's gonna be a lovely day

I wonder which one is the closer one to the original text (AiA version seems to "flow" better but it could be freely adapted)

-Sergorn

Ranka strikes me a the clumsy sweet hearted love interest to Alto when he falls for the Britney type pop idol... Micheal is a nice twist on the Max character who was always to humble and soft spoken.

Max? Humble? The guy who is talking about how maybe he'll go from private to general in one battle or whatever that line is? Max is cocky.

hey dj loe kee, welcome to mac world, is that a s14 with a s15 conversion with a cf hood, I am a nissan man myself. I am in the process of geting a r32 gts-t or a a31 cefiro if I can find one. well welcome and great to have a fellow rwd nissan fan here on mac world

i believe that it's from the s15, not a conversion. here's the original pic.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/djl...image_large.jpg

thx. i've known about the site for about 4-5 years. i finally registered after i saw macross f so that i could post in the forum.

try batfa.com, but you have to find somebody who can legalize it for you. i want a s15 but i can only bring one over as a race/show car, not street legal.

Uh? Am I missing something here? Waht are these "uncut" episodes you mentioned?

I might be mis-remembering, but if I recall correctly, one of the sub-themes of Macross 7 was Max and Milia sort of "falling in love" again - if I recall how the arc worked, they were pretty much fighting and separated and getting divorced as the series opens. But by the end, they are teaming up again and fighting alongside each other, and I pretty much assumed it was implied they fell in love with each other again by the end.

my friend on phunk-one.com (not sure if the forum is still up, the admin told me that he was takin' the site down) lives in japan and he bought the uncut limited edition dvd set of macross for like $600-700 (but he said that it came with two 1/45 yamato valkrie, other bonuses and that he's a HUGE macross fan). he said that it included deleted scenes like hikaru and misa's wedding at the end of ep. 36, the sdf-2/megaroad leavin' earth with hikaru, misa and minmei at the end of ep. 36, max and milia havin' discussions of fakin' their divorce for the safety of the zentraedi/human race (and the reason why we find out that they are divorced in macross 7) and other scenes that they weren't able to fit into the tv series time limit. i was hopin' that animeigo's uncut version contains these scenes 'cause i have anime friend's fansubs version of the tv show.

i'm kinda lazy to check to see if phunk-one.com is still up 'cause then i'd have to read all of the new posts. but if it still is up, it's the only macross thread on there and me and my friend were the only ppl to post in that thread (it's like 30-40 posts tho').

Edited by DJ Loe Kee

I don't mean to sound lazy or like I haven't watched the first episode (since I have 3 times now) :D but can someone please explain the military abbreviations to me as far as what they stand for? I seem to be losing track of what each one means X_X For instance NUNS and SMS. I'd appreciate it greatly!! ^_^

2005759354965015017_rs.jpg

Juruyoku hanpirei kazan mitai ni hikaru FEEL (A feel that shines like a volcano in inverse proportion to the galaxy.)

kimi ha shitten'no? wastashi no BEATING HEART (Do you know my beating heart?)

mousou no GALAXY suberi ochitara POISON SLEEP (A galaxy of fantasies; slip and you're in a poison sleep,)

nanokusenkou daitan na kiss de (Cross over a trillion light years.)

tobikoero narapeko na no (with a bold kiss; I'm hungry,)

tsugi no STAGE ni ikimashou (Let's go to the next stage.)

mottekkei! ryuusei chirashite DAYS (Take it! those days when you scatter the meteors,)

koko de jibun no FIGHT (This is your fight, right here.)

XTC korogashite yo (Burn through The XTC,)

tondeike kimi no mune ni SWEET (Fly, sweet, into your arms.)

omakase shita SIGN (The sign I left you,)

motto yoku shite ageru ageru (I'll make it even better, better for you.)

IT'S A COME ON DON'T BE LATE!

(thanks again to the folks at ShinsenSubs)

man my birthday is on the 31st and I WANT SHERYL nothing else well maybe a real life vf-25

No, actually.

Except he wasn't only concerned with his own personal gain or any such thing. Rather, he was an idealist that wanted everyone to get along and see the bigger picture. He was rather extreme in the pursuit of that ideal, which is why he needed characters like Ray and Max to temper him, and point him in the right direction where he'd do the most good towards those ends. He actually put up with quite a lot that went against his own personal interests to follow his ideals. He was against the whole idea of working with the military, Sound Force and all that.

Single minded? Yes. Missing what's right in front of him while looking at the "bigger picture"? Certainly. Poor people skills? You bet.

Selfish? I'm not so sure.

As for the arguments about the events of M0 being declassified, all Duke is saying, Zinjo, is that you seem to be coming out of left field with these statements about things happening, such as:

He pointed out that nowhere is it ever stated anywhere that this is the case. What you quoted in return only says that the events of Macross Zero remained classified for at least 50 years. Which means it could have been 100, or a thousand years for all we know.The only thing we know for certain is that it was not declassified within that 50 year span. Past that, we don't know. It does not say. So, to say definitively that events were declassified in 2058, the burden of proof lies on the person making that statement.

maybe the information is still classified, but a select group could be in a "need to know" situation, or possibly they could have high enough security clearances to see this. we don't really know what all permissions the mayors get, and this SMS, maybe it is Special Military Squad/Service and they are a higher security. we really don't have anywhere near enough information for anyone to have a firm stance on this yet.

my friend on phunk-one.com (not sure if the forum is still up, the admin told me that he was takin' the site down) lives in japan and he bought the uncut limited edition dvd set of macross for like $600-700 (but he said that it came with two 1/45 yamato valkrie, other bonuses and that he's a HUGE macross fan). he said that it included deleted scenes like hikaru and misa's wedding at the end of ep. 36, the sdf-2/megaroad leavin' earth with hikaru, misa and minmei at the end of ep. 36, max and milia havin' discussions of fakin' their divorce for the safety of the zentraedi/human race (and the reason why we find out that they are divorced in macross 7) and other scenes that they weren't able to fit into the tv series time limit. i was hopin' that animeigo's uncut version contains these scenes 'cause i have anime friend's fansubs version of the tv show.

Your friend might have seen the Robotech 2: The Sentinels movie.

BOT.

It's good to know that decent subs are now out! ^_^

Just watched MF ep 1 subbed and it was AMAZING! It was visually incredible 9I don't like CGI in anime so much, but it was seamless!) and the characters seem good enough, and the anime was good, and the music was great (and Sheryl's a babe!) I am sooooo psyched for the rest of this series.

The AiA translation of the song is somewhat different :

In this weightless world, it shines like a volcano

Don't you know ? It's my daring heart

This galaxy is delusion, falling into a poison sea

Because of a daring kiss over millions of light years

We'll overcome it !

Deep down we hunger for it

Let's move to the next stage

Take Them ! The days of shooting starts !

This if the fight of our lives

We'll leave our mark here

Fly! There's sweetness in your heart

Gime me a sign

And I'll do it ever so gently.

It's gonna be a lovely day

I wonder which one is the closer one to the original text (AiA version seems to "flow" better but it could be freely adapted)

-Sergorn

The last line should bear the title "Iteza Gogokyuuji Don't be late (Sagittarius, at 9pm, don't be late)" . They should have known that because the title of the song and the music staff to it is in the ending crawl.

I prefer watching things raw it's better for my own Japanese practice but I checked out Shinsen and it seems okay to me. The thing I thought was funny is silly notes like "Fold Sickness reffers to when one get's ill due to the effects of a hyperspace fold, kinda like sea sickness" or however they phrased it... thanks Shinsen, could never have figured that out on my own.

Your friend might have seen the Robotech 2: The Sentinels movie.

BOT.

It's good to know that decent subs are now out! ^_^

i told him that it was robotech 2: the sentinels too but he says no, that's he has the official dvd set from big west, japanese release only with no english subtitles.

i told him that it was robotech 2: the sentinels too but he says no, that's he has the official dvd set from big west, japanese release only with no english subtitles.

Some of the scenes u describe sound like stuff from Flashback 2012, but the max/Milia divorce for the sake of the world or whatever doesnt make sense, and i havent heardf that before.

they got MARRIED in part to seal the alliance, why would they divorce to make that alliance stronger?

Some of the scenes u describe sound like stuff from Flashback 2012, but the max/Milia divorce for the sake of the world or whatever doesnt make sense, and i havent heardf that before.

they got MARRIED in part to seal the alliance, why would they divorce to make that alliance stronger?

i really don't know. i have no way of tellin' him that he was wrong so eventually we moved on to another macross subject.

As for the arguments about the events of M0 being declassified, all Duke is saying, Zinjo, is that you seem to be coming out of left field with these statements about things happening

They are supositions based on available information and the new retcons, nothing more, I make no authoritative statements of any kind. If my posts are actually" read" instead of reacted to, it would be clear.

I make a statement and Duke responds with replies akin to "no it isn't...", "you're wrong", "maybe maybe not", etc... no real substance to any counter position in the debate. It's like arguing with my 10 year old nephew, actually scratch that last, my nephew is much more eloquent (scary smart that boys is)...

He pointed out that nowhere is it ever stated anywhere that this is the case. What you quoted in return only says that the events of Macross Zero remained classified for at least 50 years. Which means it could have been 100, or a thousand years for all we know.The only thing we know for certain is that it was not declassified within that 50 year span. Past that, we don't know. It does not say. So, to say definitively that events were declassified in 2058, the burden of proof lies on the person making that statement.

None of my statements can be deemed "definitive". We are speculating on what all this new information means and how it may or may not fit into current continuity, assuming this is going to be the originial continuity. Until we get more episodes to view and the story is fleshed out more, it's all speculation. Unfortunately some have taboos and the reaction to said taboos tend to slip through into their responses.

I am open to anythng Kawmori throws at us. Hell I've come to appreciate Mac7 for what it is (that's saying a LOT). Thus far I am very intrigued by what we've seen of Frontier so far...

I'm very curious about what is being said in this screen capture from the Shinsen subs version.: -

"A message from both of the Macross Frontier Governments".

I wonder are they referring to both New UN Spacy (NUNS) and the civilian city government, or perhaps there is a different government structure in place?

Graham

post-11-1198831505_thumb.png

I find it interesting that Michael and Luca seem to be connected to SMS, while Alto is not, even though they all go to the same school.

See the attached screen shots from the Shinsen subs version.

When Ozuma and the other pilot see Ranka at the concert on TV, they comment that it is the concert that Michael and the others have the part time job at.

Later when the bugs attack, Michael gets a call telling him to leave, he then asks Luca to go with him, but not Alto, who is left behind.

Graham

post-11-1198832252_thumb.png

post-11-1198832422_thumb.png

post-11-1198832485_thumb.png