Macross 25th Anniversary TV Special thread *READ THE 1ST POST*

azrael

Rating  

298 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of the TV special?

• Oh baby! I need new pants.
    • I need to see more or no comment.
    • Boring. Change the channel, NOW .

Because it's a dramatized and sped up sequence meant at least as much to look visually impressive as to convey a general idea of what occurred over the past 49 years, wrapped up in about half a minute's worth of footage.

Agree 100%

I guess this kind of stuff is to be expected after the first episode airs of a new series. Honestly though, I, like many others, come here to see meaningful discussion about Macross. Do we really need so much pointless bickering back and forth about what's in the timeline and what isn't? Besides, does it matter either way? There's hardly any information to go on anyway, so why not wait until the regular broadcast begins and reference books are released?

Edited by ChrisG

1) While not confirmed., my usually reliable sources told me 26.

2) April 2008.

Graham

Cool, thank you. Well, hopefully if it is 26 episodes, it's 26 solid episodes - I'll take that over a 50 episode series where half the eps are filler/etc.

I wonder though, if it is successful, if we're more likely to see a follow up series sooner (that is, sooner than 12 years).

Let's recap,

Earlier this year a retcon is officially listed that in 1995 a time space event takes place, then nothing....

I have to go with the general sentiment - there's really nothing that remotly indicate Macross Frontier is a reboot.

No offense, but I think you are really reading *way* too much into the intro recap. At "worst" there's a small retcon. Geez no big deal... there were some slight retcon here and there in Macross 7 and Macross Zero as well - yet I don't see anyone arguing that they take place in a whole different universe.

(And the 1995 time space event - It always felt to me it was just a way to differenciate the Macross continuity for our own)

-Sergorn

Just watched Ep. 1 again, and I so impressed with the new series.

I like the VF-171 even though it is the CF for the series. I especially liked the ELINT version, the large ventral fin reminds me of the Super Sylph from Yukikaze.

The launch sequence of the VF-171 was cool. Ties into previous Macross series nicely.

It was interesting to see unmanned fighters that look to be based off of the X-9 Ghost, although they didn't do much.

The VF-25 with FAST Packs and armor is awesome! The transformation sequence is fast, which figures for a advanced Valkyrie.

The armor suits are long overdue, with all the technology they have they should have exo-skeletal armor of some kind. Its funny that the school uses ones like the military though.

As far as the Macross timeline controversy, I really don't care if it is a reboot of the Macross universe. I'm just happy to have a new Macross series to watch. :lol:

I also feel that wading into that argument is like me wading into a major firefight with people using machineguns and cannons, while I only have a handgun. :rolleyes:

Ok which one of you votes "boring"? <_<

When the city dome was breached by Vajra? or "EVA-02" type bug, it seem the dome started to produce a liquid like substance to seal the hole. Is it liquid metal or other kind of liquid? ^_^

BTW, I rarely seen the disc-shaped pinpoint barrier on ships since the original macross series (Mac7 show it as a full barrier I think). I'm very impressed with the AA barrage from the ships.

Is it just me or the Frontier fleet lack of any other colony platform like the Three Star factory ship?

post-653-1198542689_thumb.jpg

Edited by Morpheus

Remember, MF is recapping and designed for people who have never ever seen a Macross series before. Kawamori probably just glanced at his notes from back then. Try not to read too much into it. Heck, almost 50 years of history is kinda hard to recap in only what...a minute.

Cool, thank you. Well, hopefully if it is 26 episodes, it's 26 solid episodes - I'll take that over a 50 episode series where half the eps are filler/etc.

Well, you never know, they could have split the series into 2 seasons like a few other shows. :)

Is it just me or the Frontier fleet lack of any other colony platform like the Three Star factory ship?

Too early to tell.

Well, you never know, they could have split the series into 2 seasons like a few other shows. :)

Or due to the popularity, it could go the way of the original series and they can get asked to do 12 more eps :D

oh man oh man oh man! I can`t wait till the series really starts airing!and for those insisting this is a reboot...have you considered that Kawamori might not actually remember things from TWENTYFIVE years ago?he probably said "uh yeah, sounds about right. write that down for your colonisation timeline."not everyone is a walking enclopedia full of Macross data, not even Kawamori.I`m pretty sure that while it may have some details wrong, it`ll probably just be main timeline anyway...

The Seiyan version has englsih subtitles Yeah!!!!

I can't believe this thread is only 13 pages. Cheryl is a biotch. Well atleast her manager is. I can't believe how awesome this is. The enemy mech reminds me alot of the demons in Karas. The Hikaru/ pilot was named Leon. The asteroid battle reminded me alot of Mac Zero and BSG. I hope toys are made of the drones, vf-25 and vf-171.

Ok, that was FUN! And the animation and action were freaking awesome.

"Meh" on the whole "lets include fanservice" but the Mospeade vibe in there is nice.

Tanks instead of Destroids :lol: It's official, Kawamori hates Destroid lovers.

I'm sold and can't wait for April.

Yes, but the Compendium shows Eden being discovered and colonized in 2013, the Megaroad-04 (shown as the ship that discovered it in 2013 in Macross F) didn't launch until 2014 at the earliest, if not 2015.

The compendium does say that close range colonization fleets began launching in April of 2013 with Eden being discovered that November. Since construction was still proceeding on Megaroad 2 and 3 (they already being designated super long distance fleets), maybe the Megaroad 4 was designated as a close range colonization fleet and launched before them.

April

Launches begin for one close-range colonization fleet after another. (The main objective is the search and colonization of planets within 100 light years of the Solar System.)

November

An inhabitable planet is discovered 11.7 light years from the Solar System in the Groombridge 1816 Star System. It is named "Eden" and colonization begins.

I absolutely LOVED the first episode! Can't wait to see the bataroid mode of the VF-171!

I absolutely LOVED the first episode! Can't wait to see the bataroid mode of the VF-171!

It would be funny if to reduce the costs in putting it into mass production, the transformation ability of the VF-17 was removed, and thus rechristened the VF-171. :p

sorry if i missed it but it seems the U.N. Spacy logo is gone ?!

is that due to the stupid Legal Crap?

and if thats the case will this new series have an open license to come to the states?!!?

crossing fingers for answer....

Well I saw it again with the subs... compression was kind of crappy, but at least I got to understand it better even though the subs weren't that great.... (Brief 25 ??? Come ON !)

And so.....

Seems the President (?) of Macross Frontier kinda expected the attack. Wonder what that means...

-Sergorn

And so.....

Seems the President (?) of Macross Frontier kinda expected the attack. Wonder what that means...

Gives you that Alien kinda vibe... let's leave the shell open so one of those guys gets in and we can grab it and study it.

really Awesome ! effects!

the only thing i don't like was those characters! I don't want school boy or school girls in macross......>_<...............

and why that school boy jump in a VF and operate it without training AGAIN? (i saw the same thing in M:Zero i think....)

Doesn't knowing how to use that jet pack merit knowledge in using a VF, even if minimal?

Has anyone tried to read the text on teh background when the allarm goes off in the SMS lodge ? It talks about a biker dude named James Steward and Oakley sponsored googles ahahah So something actualy survived earth's obliteration =P

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page...5267&Page=1

and

http://www.ussx.com/news/carmichaeltoracein2007.asp

Edited by Elektrix