1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

They won't.

They've made it pretty clear that they're consolidating their Macross perfect transforming toys into one scale : 1/60. Too bad they didn't do this a long time ago, but I'm glad to finally see them make everything in one scale.

-Kyp

I think this was a joke. Not sure. Though.

Love it. I still like the 5 x 1/60's I already have but will definitely be buying these.

Love the 1S head sculpt and that it looks like a front/back seam instead of the stupid 1/48 left &right half with the seem straight down teh middle.

I'll definitely be getting a Roy and at least two CF's. I'd love for them to do a 1A, 1J, 1S low-viz squadron/team, as well.

Bring on the 1/60 Regult!

Well just got up it's Christmas eve and found it wasn't a dream after all. It's going to be so nice to have a collection in one scale. I wont be getting rid of my 1/48 as if they are a dead line as the G-Man said then they should be very collectable as once production stops where else are you going to get a 1/48 scale. Don't you guy's think that the 1/48 will one day be valuble regardless of the new 1/60. If the 1/48 line is finished then they will be even more collectable than ever before.

Edited by warpaint22

collectible or not, valuable or not....the 1/48's just look damn good.

That so true, my 1/48 Roy will always be the center piece of my Roy collection. However if the new 1/60's are in the price range everyone is hopeing for then my wallet will fair better.

Great news! *shelves plans to get a 1/48 Roy*

Btw, the price according to Graham's first scanned image:

気になるお値段は1万前後を目指しているとのこと

Not sure if my translation is right, but I think the sentence says the 1/60 is aiming for an approx 10,000 yen release. Looking good for the wallet! :)

気になるお値段は1万前後を目指しているとのこと

Not sure if my translation is right, but I think the sentence says the 1/60 is aiming for an approx 10,000 yen release. Looking good for the wallet! :)

Hope you are right. That would be really good news. ^_^

- "A Yamato valk for less than $100... this is madness!!"

- "Madness? This... is... the 1/60 scale!" *boot*

I f'ing hate Yamato so much right now.

I with ya, I have no idea where I am going to put all of my stuff at. Between my Macross stuff, Legos, Movie memorabilia and racing trophies and plaques I have no more room in my office or bedroom.

Maybe I will finish the basement :rolleyes: Not to mention, who the hell is going to pay for all of this cool stuff?

Another improvement I forgot to mention over the 1/48 is that in fighter mode, the 1/60's arms to not hang as low as the 1/48' arms. Infact they sit much higher up.

Graham

With a little price of narrower shoulder.

Things I would like to see improved over 1/48:

Back thruster hinge - it was the #1 potential breaking piece of the 1/48.

Back thruster lock - it was too weak and you need to add another piece behind the neck to hold the fast packs in B mode.

Middle seam lines on the legs - not fixed. The upper legs looks like a simple up-scale of the original.

気になるお値段は1万前後を目指しているとのこと

Babel Fish :

"The price which becomes matter of concern is when you have aimed toward approximately 10000,"

I'd say you're right. ^_^

-Kyp

Babelfish translation:

The price which becomes matter of concern is when you have aimed toward approximately 10000,

ack, beat me to it :)

---

as of 1 minute ago:

10,000.00 JPY

=

87.6311 USD

Edited by Chowser

Babelfish translation:

The price which becomes matter of concern is when you have aimed toward approximately 10000,

ack, beat me to it :)

---

as of 1 minute ago:

10,000.00 JPY

=

87.6311 USD

Wow! That would be outstanding. Crap, I'm going to need even more shelves now

If they were in the real world, the VF-1 would be a fairly small fighter plane, and the YF-19 would be very large. (The Sv-51 would probably be the biggest in the world)

Anyways---I'll probably sell my 1/60 Focker and Milia to pay for a new Focker. (I got my 1/48 Milia, I see little point in buying a 3rd to replace the 1st 1/60 of hers). Hopefully those 2 1/60 will bring in enough cash to buy 1 new one. Kinda ironic--I think I've sold more Yamatos to buy improved versions, than I've owned.

Are they really that small?? I mean VF-1 vs YF-19 (or anything else for the matter)

they don't even reach the shoulder (laser-head included)

?

so the size of the new 1/60 will be the same size as the old 1/60 except for the perfect transformation and some added gimmicks as well!!! CooL!!!

The translation makes it sound like "you should be concerned if the price is close to about $100". Least thats what I got from it.

As for nose transformation, I thought it was in reference to the 2 pegs in the FLIR sensors on the nose. On the 1/48 they are seperate pieces that each fold in to make room for the hip bar. On the VF-0, its just one piece that folds into the nose.

I am cautiously optimistic about this new 1/60 offering. The Battroid proportions that so irked me in the 1/48 design have been improved tremendously, most significantly in the beefier arms and non-skeletal hands. And, yes, the less ambitious nosecone is very nice. Even the ugly mishappened ejector port on the old 1/60 gunpod has been replaced.

Best of all, the VF-1S has a head sculpt that beats the less-than ideal 1/48's frontal seam. All things considered, movable wing flaps, airbrakes etc are not as important as the overall sturdiness and playability to me. Yamato can keep all that for the super deluxe 1/48 scale series if they want...

Looks like it was worth my self-imposed Macross toy starvation diet! I could never bring myself to buy more than the trio of original 1/60 VF-1Js, nor could I settle for the 1/48's plane-optimized design. Now if only the SECOND RUN comes quickly for this new version. :-)

I am cautiously optimistic about this new 1/60 offering. The Battroid proportions that so irked me in the 1/48 design have been improved tremendously, most significantly in the beefier arms and non-skeletal hands. And, yes, the less ambitious nosecone is very nice. Even the ugly mishappened ejector port on the old 1/60 gunpod has been replaced.

Best of all, the VF-1S has a head sculpt that beats the less-than ideal 1/48's frontal seam. All things considered, movable wing flaps, airbrakes etc are not as important as the overall sturdiness and playability to me. Yamato can keep all that for the super deluxe 1/48 scale series if they want...

Looks like it was worth my self-imposed Macross toy starvation diet! I could never bring myself to buy more than the trio of original 1/60 VF-1Js, nor could I settle for the 1/48's plane-optimized design. Now if only the SECOND RUN comes quickly for this new version. :-)

I agree with everything you said. I am waiting for the VF-1J Hikaru, as the only version I have of that is the MPC. I've got 3 VF-1S toys by different companies, but I am tempted to buy Focker's. If the price is close to the original 1/60 VF-1's then I might buy Focker's if he is indeed the first release. I have a soft spot for Hikaru's DYRL VF-1A as well(DYRL made the VF-1A look AWESOME).

10,000 Yen is a great price. Would be very nice to keep it around $100 with Fast Packs.

They'll need to redo the GBP again, but maybe this time we'll get removable missiles and other gimmicks added to the 1/48. Hopefully they can stay away from the Micky Mouse hands and needing extra shoulders. And DEFINITELY avoid the falling off codpiece on the original (one area where the removable nose cone probably makes more sense).

Of all the toys released thus far, the upcoming 1/60 VF-1 might have the best overall balanced look since the Takatoku/Bandai 1/55 VF-1. Thats a good thing. Whereas the original 1/60 VF-1 and the 1/48 both compromised aesthetic in other modes for emphasis on fighter mode, the takatoku 1/55 was balanced in all modes. I've noticed that either the legs on the new 1/60 are slimmer, or just appear that way due to the beefier arms. Either way, I am impressed. It was obvious that Yamato's dedication to accuracy outdid Takatoku/Bandai, but the balanced aesthetic wasn't addressed; until now. I hope this is the most sturdy VF-1 we will get to have our hands on next year. With less moving parts and a smaller size, this might be possible. The original 1/60 was very sturdy, as well as the 1/48. I hope this continues in the same tradition, and ends up sturdier than both.

Theres no doubt in my mind that the 1/48 will still be admired by those who own it. Its got the most moving parts, high detail, and many accessories that have a high amount of detail(FAST packs/GPS). Its the premium VF-1. With the new 1/60 you can have more to play with without breaking the bank. You have something in scale with other Yamato releases. You have a valkyrie toy similar in size to the 1/55, yet looking just as balanced, and far more accurate. I hope its very, very sturdy(if its anything like the original 1/60 only without diecast, then this will be a very sturdy bird, the ball jointed shoulders on the original 1/60 were less prone to looseness than the 1/48, but was far worse on the hip joints).

Judging by the CAD shown, the new 1/60 is FAST pack ready. There are slots on both the backpack, and legs where the armor would plug into. Also the arms already have the pegs for the armor to hook onto. The intake covers look to be either removable or foldable. The picture is small, but it looks like there might not be a worrysome bump/BP8 situation to worry about on the backpack. I preferred the original 1/60 VF-1's method of folding the backpack, and would love to see it return here.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

I think its a big mistake from yamato, i was seeing my 1:48 valks at the afternoon and i thought that it will be very dificult to make another vf 1 better than the 1:48, I dont know I just think is daengerous from yamato, know I prove my theory that all of us are cheaps who follow everything they put in front of us, a few months ago the 80% of you guys were telling that you were sick of the vf 1 design not only for the 1:48 scale Im pretty sure you were saying sick of the vf 1 and now all of you are in love with the vf1 again, I cant understand that but I think we are very important for yamato because they are reading every topic and thread of this forum, and they are just giving you what they think you are going to buy in this case the vf1 1:60, for what?, just because all this completist scale madness, My personal opinion is this:

for the vf 1 there are no other perfect scale that the 1:48.

the minor scale will produce more dificulties for the detail and much other thinks that i personal care like the size, proportion on the plane because i realy am a plane lover and i didnt like this plane after seing this 1:60

I wll always preffer a 1:48 two seatters but seing this will be impossible probably i just buy the 1:60 2 seatters

and some other repaint that i dont have in 1:48 scale wich is my fav

and YAMATO you just loose one of your best buyers for vf1, now Im only interested in the newer designs and I will be very close to 1:48 vf1 discounts so I can complete my vf 1 collection :angry:

Why is everyone here in this thread talking about yet another VF-1 toy, when there's the premiere episode of a whole new Macross series to watch/discuss/dissect?

Because for a lot of us, this answers our prayers for a perfect transforming 1/60 scale Valk with all the 1/48 improvements and according to Graham is even better than the 1/48's in some areas.

And also because we LIKE talking about it! ^_^

-Kyp

I think its a big mistake from yamato, i was seeing my 1:48 valks at the afternoon and i thought that it will be very dificult to make another vf 1 better than the 1:48, I dont know I just think is daengerous from yamato, know I prove my theory that all of us are cheaps who follow everything they put in front of us, a few months ago the 80% of you guys were telling that you were sick of the vf 1 design not only for the 1:48 scale Im pretty sure you were saying sick of the vf 1 and now all of you are in love with the vf1 again, I cant understand that but I think we are very important for yamato because they are reading every topic and thread of this forum, and they are just giving you what they think you are going to buy in this case the vf1 1:60, for what?, just because all this completist scale madness, My personal opinion is this:

for the vf 1 there are no other perfect scale that the 1:48.

the minor scale will produce more dificulties for the detail and much other thinks that i personal care like the size, proportion on the plane because i realy am a plane lover and i didnt like this plane after seing this 1:60

I wll always preffer a 1:48 two seatters but seing this will be impossible probably i just buy the 1:60 2 seatters

and some other repaint that i dont have in 1:48 scale wich is my fav

and YAMATO you just loose one of your best buyers for vf1, now Im only interested in the newer designs and I will be very close to 1:48 vf1 discounts so I can complete my vf 1 collection :angry:

My poll concerning whether or not we wanted a perfect variable 1/60 VF-1 from a while back proves otherwise. Also, no we are aren't important at all to Yamato, who are you kidding? They can't legally market anything Macross related towards us. The japanese consumer matters to them. The japanese hobbyist/collectors market matters to them. I wish they could market to us, we would be able to get everything cheaper and replacement parts/service domestically, but for years it still has not happened. They make their profit from the japanese market, the one they legally can market and sell to.

The trend in japanese toys and in the collectors market has been to go smaller. I am surprised Yamato went with a PV 1/60 VF-1, but its not out of the ordinary considering the market there now. No, they do not read every which topic of this forum, why bother? They read the japanese forums. Sure Graham can tell them what all of us are talking about here, and maybe they do glance at what we say every now and then, but ultimately at the end, they can survive without us. Technically they have since the outset.

wow, that was 15 pages of hard reading.

Overall, Im excited. I wanted 1/60 VF-1's ages back, and i remember a time when i suggested it that most people disagreed with me, thinking 1/48 was here to stay. BWAHAHAHA! I was right! :p

nah it's a great looking bird, and at about $120/130 Australian shipped I will definitely grab a few of these. i wonder if we will see Fast Packs as a seperate release as well as a new boxed version with the fighter? Time will tell I suppose.

Graham, my two big questions are: Full bodied and removable pilots? And is the Heat shield integrated into the fighter?