1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

I can see myself admiring these 1/60's, but I don't see any point in buyig oe over a 1/48 unless it was lightyears better of came in variations the 48's didn't.

I sure would like to see a 1/24 Foker though

I can see myself admiring these 1/60's, but I don't see any point in buyig oe over a 1/48 unless it was lightyears better of came in variations the 48's didn't.

I sure would like to see a 1/24 Foker though

Let's see :

Yes it's true. Yes, it's perfect transformation. Yes, it has been engineered from the start to allow for 2 seaters.

Yamato want's to have all their perfect transformation toys in 160 scale.

Improvements over 1/48 include shorter nose cone in battroid mode (uses VF-0 type transformation), non-splitting foot thrusters and propotionally larger hands than the 1/48.

No moving flaps or removeable nose cone, but it does have some other interesting gimmicks.

I'll post clearer magazine scans in about an hour.

Graham

And the arms sit much higher in fighter mode so it's much truer to the line art, and it's going to come in variations that the 1/48's never will like the VF-1D, VT, and VE.

Sounds like you're going to be buying these, lol. :lol:

-Kyp

this is freakin awesome....

Holy crap how did I not see this until the 11th page??? awesomeness!

I know what you mean but it is probably because these 11 pages appeared overnight! The first post was yesterday.

Let's see :

And the arms sit much higher in fighter mode so it's much truer to the line art, and it's going to come in variations that the 1/48's never will like the VF-1D, VT, and VE.

Sounds like you're going to be buying these, lol. :lol:

-Kyp

Need more shelves, need more shelves, need more shelves.........

Need more shelves, need more shelves, need more shelves.........

Need more money need more space need more.... chocolate.... mmmmmm........

Oh, yeah, and need more valks.

Edited by miriya

This is spectacular news!!!! I think the Fighter looks gorgeous...though I was hoping for a more slender canopy when viewed from above...that was one of the things I didn't like about the 1/48th, too wide. Still looks great though. Oh Happy day!!!

Chris

I already got a ton of 1/48's so im only getting the versions that don't come out in 1/48 like Vf-1D, VT-1, VE-1, TV MAX VF-1A and so on.

I take it this will have removable intake covers like its bigger brother ?

I wonder if it will come with a strap for the gunpod, it wasn't shown in the picture but it can still come with one.

The hands look fantastic but the nose is a bit too short in fighter mode.

Head also looks a bit too large but so did the 1/48.

And yeah the boxes will still be huge and it probably won't be that much cheaper then a 1/48....

I just realized a 1/60 perfect Max will look lovely with my 1/60 Quid Rau Myria :)

I MIGHT get the 1/60 Elintseeker as well - I have the old 1/60 imperfect Transformation which I love because of the Elint equipment - but if Yamato manages to make a really cool Elintseeker then I'll probably get it :)

The 1D... and hmm.... what else?

Not much else to get is there?

Not very interested in things like Hikaru, Kakizake and the like... prefer the variants... maybe an angel bird? if they do one...

Also looking forward to reaction armor...

VFTF1

Graham, do you know or can you tell us what kind of exhaust it will have. I'd love to have a VF-1 that finally has the accurate panel type exausts.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

I see no reason for weeping and sadness.

But maybe that's because I got rid of my fugly "Masterpiece" Robotechs and my 1/72 YF-21 and VF-11 a long time ago - and get my 1/60 Elint largely for sentimental reasons (Elints aren't exactly popular and I like 'em)....

Anyways - the old 1/60 line seems to me to really be good on its' own merits - unlike the 1/72s which went from bad (VF11B) to worse (YF21) to outright ugly and terrible (YF19) .... Sure - it was "better" than Bandai - but no where close to good....

The old 1/60 VFs - on the other hand - despite imperfect transformation - really are presentable - and I wouldn't be throwing any away or ebaying them...

VFTF1

Graham, do you know or can you tell us what kind of exhaust it will have. I'd love to have a VF-1 that finally has the accurate panel type exausts.

Chris

From my sig :

"non-splitting foot thrusters and propotionally larger hands than the 1/48"

So I'd be willing to bet that it will have the round thruster exhaust. The panel type would be great.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

phew! made it to the last page. lol. (like 4 or something pages since i crashed last night.) :p

Christmas Eve! Christmas Eve!

Squidd! You like came in only a few months ago? Bought everything in like one fell swoop and now this has happened.

Hho Hho Hho. :lol: More shelving dude!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

phew! made it to the last page. lol. (like 4 or something pages since i crashed last night.) :p

Christmas Eve! Christmas Eve!

Squidd! You like came in only a few months ago? Bought everything in like one fell swoop and now this has happened.

Hho Hho Hho. :lol:

So it is already Christmas Eve there? America is soooo behind! :lol:

Really hope they introduce the 2 seaters straight after the Roy design. Everyone will want a Roy, and then EVERYONE will want the 2 seaters... all the others... well meh, want something new after what they gave us with the 1/48's... ack of course a DYRL? Hikky 1S would be sweet as hell too.

Bet ya anything they only bring out the Roy (tv pilot only) with Super first, not Strike. Strike will come after...

BRING OUT THE MAX 1S!!!! Finally i can feel confident in buying not just Roy and Hikky stuff, finally Max (and to a lesser extent, Millia) will make an appearance in my Macross cabinet!!!

Where is Godzilla??? What's your view on this buddy? :p :P :p :P OMFG!!! i bet hahhahahahaha

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Just cancelled my box of Macross Valkyrie Collection #2,

and lowered my YF-21 1/60 count to (3)

still deciding to cancel one of the Megahouse Ride Armours and just have 1 of the MHouse and 1 of the CMS...

What else can i do to prepare? :p

I need a new cabinet and i need this an an.....

no offense to anyone who likes them, but i'm glad i didn't get any of those 1/100 toynami vf-1's. this 1/60 will be so many times better. here's to hoping they include all the additional parts like them though like the stand, hands, fastpacks, etc.

lol yeah i might even not worry about getting any of the new 1/100 line, except for a Strike FP pack.

Big difference, 20 or so less bucks for a nice little variable but why the hell are we talking about Toycrappy stuff in this seriously overawing thread hahah, i gotta go clean things now, before the wife kills meh.

no offense to anyone who likes them, but i'm glad i didn't get any of those 1/100 toynami vf-1's. this 1/60 will be so many times better. here's to hoping they include all the additional parts like them though like the stand, hands, fastpacks, etc.

I still have a place in my collection for the 1/100. They're awesome for a toy that looks great and you don't have to worry about breaking (because they're cheap).

But yeah, the 1/100 is looking to be the definitive valk toy without contest.

I wonder if I should keep buying the 1/60 M+ valks or wait until they decide to go back to 1/72 scale?

They won't.

They've made it pretty clear that they're consolidating their Macross perfect transforming toys into one scale : 1/60. Too bad they didn't do this a long time ago, but I'm glad to finally see them make everything in one scale.

-Kyp