1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

According to Yamato's latest mail magazine (and Babelfish), the ESTIMATED release date for the 1/60 VF-1 is summer 2008, and as soon as production is ready (or something like that) Yamato will announce the price.

Cool! I should have an abundant amount of cash to unleash then. I have deferred some retirement funds into a savings account and I should be receiving a share bonus around that time. Can't wait!

By the way, are these 1/60's going to be the same size in scale as the VF-0A and VF-0S or are these really smaller fighters. I personally like the larger scale.

By the way, are these 1/60's going to be the same size in scale as the VF-0A and VF-0S or are these really smaller fighters. I personally like the larger scale.

The VF-1 is considerably smaller than the VF-0; in 1/60 scale the VF-1 toy will be big enough, but not anywhere near the behemoth the VF-0 is.

vf0swithcf002pd7.jpg

Edited by Wicked Ace

The VF-1 is considerably smaller than the VF-0; in 1/60 scale the VF-1 toy will be big enough, but not anywhere near the behemoth the VF-0 is.

Sad isn't it? :(

I wish they would make the new 1/60's the same size as the VF-0.

:ph34r:

IF they made the 1/60 VF-1 the same size as a VF-0, they wouldn't be 1/60 scale VF-1s, they'd be 1/48 scale VF-1s. :p

:p Nuh uh......well.....maybe......well poo on you ^_^

Sad isn't it? :(

I wish they would make the new 1/60's the same size as the VF-0.

Think of things from this perspective: a typical Zentran soldier is tall enough to stand with his face at the VF-1 canopy shield. The VF-0 is way overkill, keeping in mind the whole reason for a battroid is to fight hand to hand with these soldiers. Also, the SDF-1 can hold a lot more of the smaller VF-1 than it can a variable fighter the size of the VF-0.

Think of things from this perspective: a typical Zentran soldier is tall enough to stand with his face at the VF-1 canopy shield. The VF-0 is way overkill, keeping in mind the whole reason for a battroid is to fight hand to hand with these soldiers. Also, the SDF-1 can hold a lot more of the smaller VF-1 than it can a variable fighter the size of the VF-0.

Zentrans in 1/60 scale would be as big as the figures in the CMs line. Hence the Miria in the Q-rau suit.

Actually it's not overkill since the soldier versions of the Zetrans can stand toe to toe against a VF-1, so they're pretty much dwarfed when going up against a Regult, Glaug, Q-raus and N-Gers.

That meltrandi pilot is tall enough to punch Focker's VF-1S in the nosecone! You know, the more I see the new 1/60 VF-1, the more I'm liking it. :)

I'd like to see how a VF-19 or VF-22 with no weapons would do in a hand-to-hand fight against a large zentraedi soldier.

And, noooooooooooooooo misterryno! I don't want to be pooed on! :ph34r:

Wicked Ace,

I like that chart as well. Thanks for that. :)

Sumdumgai,

Are you sure you don't wanna be pooed on? I mean......eh.....nevermind.......pooing on people is gross :p

Did anyone happen to notice the hands at the end of the commercial? Looks to be the resized DYRL hands released with 1/48 GBP-1S. So are the hands removable?

Also, it seems that the legs telescope at the knees. I could be wrong, but it looks like they do.

Plus it appears Yamato decided on the old 1/60 style feet. They are very apparent from the way you can see the pivot points, during the transformation sequence form fighter to G-E-R-W-A-L-K.

Judging from the commercial and magazine pics, Focker is the 1st release. Who is with me hoping Hikaru's 1J is up next?

Seems a bit too premature to with the VF-1J, but I could be wrong. I'm leaning more towards Max 1S Strike and then Hikaru 1S Strike, or vice-versa.

Seems a bit too premature to with the VF-1J, but I could be wrong. I'm leaning more towards Max 1S Strike and then Hikaru 1S Strike, or vice-versa.

I'm hoping your right, a Maximillian 1S would seriously kick ass, i'm praying this one will be next, Yamato should release some non-1/48 released stuff at the beginning for a change.

Are you posting while drunk? If not, then you should. You'd more likely see a two seater Focker being liquored up, than Yamato ever producing it.

*******C'mon stick to the thread. <_<

wtf r you on about? you've lost me. :p x 3 for me, 2 seater release straight up after Focker! VF-1D .........

Imagine the pair up!!!

Are you posting while drunk? If not, then you should. You'd more likely see a two seater Focker being liquored up, than Yamato ever producing it.

*******C'mon stick to the thread. <_<

yes i am now icon8.gif

Why wouldn't Yamato make a two seater? :huh: Graham already said that they've been engineered from the start to allow for two seaters. We just might not see one right after Roy, but we're gonna see them this time around, it's just a matter of when.

-Kyp

Why wouldn't Yamato make a two seater? :huh: Graham already said that they've been engineered from the start to allow for two seaters. We just might not see one right after Roy, but we're gonna see them this time around, it's just a matter of when.

-Kyp

I take Graham's word too, but I don't think we'll see two-seaters straight off the bat.

I am a bit more concerned about who they put in the two seats. That original VF-1D was a bit of a let down on the pilot front. Hopefully the V.2 1/60 VF-1D will come with Hikaru (in orange civilian flightsuit) and backseat Minmei to be anime accurate. The V.1 1/60 Ostrich was right on though with the pilot figures.

Now this is where we will agree to differ. I'm not to worries by who they put in the seats of a two-seater VF-1. I figure there must be lots of two-seaters out there, not just the one Hikaru used, so I would be quite happy with a "generic" set of pilots. That said I think it will be a while before we see any of the two-seaters done. Given that they have started with the DYRL Fokker I would expect to see the obvious DYRL birds early on - Max, Hikaru -1S and -1J, before we get onto the two-seaters and TV stuff.

Karl

(And by saying this I have almost guaranteed my catastrophic wrongness.)

Im not sure we're gonna see the VE and VT though we will probably just see the VF-1D.

The VF-1D looks like the regular VF-1 just with a second seat i think but the VE and VT has a different shaped nose and front witch needs a new sculpt.

Edited by thankheaven

Im not sure we're gonna see the VE and VT though we will probably just see the VF-1D.

The VF-1D looks like the regular VF-1 just with a second seat i think but the VE and VT has a different shaped nose and front witch needs a new sculpt.

they all need resculpts, the 1D has a different chest and back hatch.