1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

So I guess fragile BP8 hinge isn't an issue with the 1/60??

P.S. - I love how the canopy doesn't bulge out on the sides as much as the 1/48

I heard people say about BP-8 many times, but what is the issue with it, they breaks?

Thrusters are now clip to the backplate, and a little peg on each of them to lock with the backpack, so I don't really understand why they need to add the big folding hook.

DSCF4104_s.jpg

I heard people say about BP-8 many times, but what is the issue with it, they breaks?

There is a bump/stopper, if the BP8 is bent past it, it will snap inevitably. If the backpack folds all the way, does it snap on the new 1/60? If not, then the problem has been solved.

Can someone confirm that there's also the non Fast Pack version Roy on sale?

Yes, I think for 10290 yen. FAST pack armor is 3900 yen seperately.

The biggest surprise to me are the stickers!! It is so thin, non reflective and conform to the surface very well!!

Its about time.

90% like the 1/48, a bit tricky in the swing bar area.

Can you elaborate?

I think this is Yamato's sleeper hit of the year. The least expensive of their valk offerings this year, and sounds like one of the best.

I'm getting all giddy at all the amount of tampo printing.

Good job Yamato. Can someone confirm that there's also the non Fast Pack version Roy on sale?

Yes, that is supposed to be out next month. ;)

Goddamn that 1/60 VF-1S is full of win!! Swoosh, do you think this is better all around than the 1/48's? It certainly seems that way to me.

-Kyp

Is it just the angle or is pilots seat too far forward? Will Yamato shoehorn a second seat in there?

I also think it is a bit to far forward, I believe it is something related to the 2 seater, otherwise they can make the seat thinner...

Yes, that is supposed to be out next month. ;)

Goddamn that 1/60 VF-1S is full of win!! Swoosh, do you think this is better all around than the 1/48's? It certainly seems that way to me.

-Kyp

YES!!!

I'm noticing a lot of visible screws on that last pic Swoosh posted of the backpack area---the previous 1/60 had covered screw covers. While it's not as obvious on a black/white valk, I think that the silver/black screws will be pretty obvious on a Max or Milia.

from Graham's review

The nose cone of the new VF-1 is detachable and by using the provided connection piece can be attached to the forearm of any new 1/60 VF-1. This feature is the reason that the head of the toy has to be removable and is only friction fit, instead of being screwed on.

Damn, makes me wish Yamato would just include a 1S head with the DYRL Hikaru 1A and the inevitable future release of a DYRL Max 1A

Excellent review! I didn't planned to buy these 1/60's when Yamato showed us the first prototype pics. But now I'm convinced. I'm getting at least one! But I still don't think this toy can replace the 1/48, this last one got a more realistic look that is great for display. Each toy acomplish a different purpose in my opinion. ;)

Look at all the photos. That has the best Gerwalk stance for an unmodified Valk.

The easy to swap heads is great. Now people that are afraid to disassemble their toys can do customs.

So many open screws holes on the inside of the legs.

Pilot is too far forward for my taste.

My favorite skull crooked on the vertical fin. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I did the math and shipping from Japan of my last order from HLJ was over $65. Looks like I will be in a holding pattern without expect further clearance time.

In other words if I get this it will be on the second or third run due to cost. :angry:

Just happy that I have a first generation example for now.

Wow, no screw to remove the head, that's great! recasts will be on everyone's lips. 1S max!

Not sure if i will be getting 1A Hikky, i think i'll agonizingly wait for the VF-1D towards the end of the year (release date?).

I can only hope they bring out a Roy in TV flightsuit/Hikaru 1S TV version, that would be awesome to get. But i will want the Hikky 1S most of all for the 1 seaters.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

oooh! Thanks for the 1/60 comp pix Swoosh! Thanks for the awesome review Graham!

Paid HLJ this morning for mine, missed the email last night from them. I chose SAL this time. It will be interesting to see how fast/long it takes to get to me. I recently ordered a 1/48 Stealth from them and EMS was the only option. EMS was super fast. I had the Valk in 2 days from the day they shipped it!

I'm in California.

Thanks for the review Graham! Very informative, and the pics are great too.

This valk is able to replicate poses in battroid mode that I have been wanting a VF-1 toy to do in years. I've always liked the MPC's gerwalk mode the best and we finally have something that beats it in that category. We finally have a modern valkyrie toy that has balanced proportions in all 3 modes, something we have not seen since the chunky monkeys were designed. The fighter mode is more accurate and reflective of real world fighters than the 1/48. I dig the gold tint and the bubble canopy. The shoulders not hanging past the legs is a big improvement. No more worrying about BP8, we can hang the damn thing upside down, the FAST packs sound to be far sturdier(or their attachement points, whatever), and quality control sounds like its finally escaping the flaws that have soured Yamato's reputation. This new qc guy is on point.

I have never owned a strike valkyrie, this will be my first. Man am I glad I only bought 1 each of the old 1/60 and 1/48.

Just an FYI--Graham's on vacation and won't be visiting MW much for a little while---that's why the mods are posting the reviews etc. :) (but he finished the review just before he left so it'd be ready in time for the official release)

PS--pic request for Swoosh---could I have pics of the left and right tailfins so I can see exactly how straight the skulls are printed?

Just an FYI--Graham's on vacation and won't be visiting MW much for a little while---that's why the mods are posting the reviews etc. :) (but he finished the review just before he left so it'd be ready in time for the official release)

PS--pic request for Swoosh---could I have pics of the left and right tailfins so I can see exactly how straight the skulls are printed?

DSCF4106_s.jpg

DSCF4107_s.jpg

DSCF4108_s.jpg

They looks ok, am I lucky?