1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

I must admit, if that is all I saw, I'd be a little put off too. That said, I was fortunate that Overdrive brought it to the Anime Expo. In looking at it, posing it, and whatnot, it's much better to look at in person. I had one on preorder, but after seeing it in person, I now have two on preorder. I hope this line does well. I only have two of the 1/48s, cause they were just too big to store, and a bit to much to buy at the time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I'd be put off too, but that's because of the valk is posed in the lamest way ever. :lol:

From what I can tell, the legs look much better than the 1/48 - heck, everything is just like it, if not better/improved.

Looking forward to this series (mostly because of the VF-1D and possible Ostrich/Elintseeker variants.)

I guess the photographer of Overdrive works or know yamato's photographer~ :)

Needs a touch of imagination. ^_^

Oh brother :rolleyes: , you clowning on my skills.

You guys take the cake, out of all the pictures you harp on one that isn't a pose at all. It's just a side profile and if it wasn't taken somebody on here would have already side "It would have been nice if they would have thought of taking a side profile shot standing straight in a generic pose so I could make sure it is flat skinny line art perfect", and you know it's true. B))

I'm not really a battroid person (none of my valks are left that way), I'm mainly a fighter mode person and the pics of it in fighter mode have me sold. Bring on a max tv-1A please!

weird cuz your avatar says otherwise! :lol:

Oh brother :rolleyes: , you clowning on my skills.

You guys take the cake, out of all the pictures you harp on one that isn't a pose at all. It's just a side profile and if it wasn't taken somebody on here would have already side "It would have been nice if they would have thought of taking a side profile shot standing straight in a generic pose so I could make sure it is flat skinny line art perfect", and you know it's true. B))

True that :) unposed pics have as much use as unposed ones IMO. I appreciate the pic profiles you've done :) So 19th is tomorrow here in Asia :) I hope some of the graces flow over to other countries tomorrow :)

No no no Graham is irreplaceable / un-replaceable. Graham's reviews are stellar and more objective than I'm "allowed" to be. I do like the new 1/60 allot! Still Graham knows what's stuff is in the works. OverDrive only knowns when stuff is just about ready for prime time.

I agree... As I much I have my differences when it comes down to the Revoltechs with Graham... He is the only one when it comes down to the rest! B))

So....supposively 1 more day to go?

Yeah, and then I wait for my valk to get to Valkyrie Exchange, and then I wait again for my valk to ge to me. Then I lock myself in my room and call in sick.

And for the third time:

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF BUYING FROM VALKYRIE EXCHANGE MEANS A LONGER WAIT TO GET MY VALK? I'VE HEARD THINGS TO THAT EFFECT. DOES IT TAKE AN EXTRA WEEK OR SO? I'VE NEVER ORDERED THROUGH VALK EXCHANGE BEFORE. THANKS.

Sorry for resorting to that, but I'm hoping the third time is the charm.

Edited by danth

Yeah, and then I wait for my valk to get to Valkyrie Exchange, and then I wait again for my valk to ge to me. Then I lock myself in my room and call in sick.

And for the third time:

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF BUYING FROM VALKYRIE EXCHANGE MEANS A LONGER WAIT TO GET MY VALK? I'VE HEARD THINGS TO THAT EFFECT. DOES IT TAKE AN EXTRA WEEK OR SO? I'VE NEVER ORDERED THROUGH VALK EXCHANGE BEFORE. THANKS.

Sorry for resorting to that, but I'm hoping the third time is the charm.

I think that's the case. With either Kevin and Carlos at LAFToys, you'll have to wait for them to get their stock shipped from oversees (I think), and then once it's in their hands, it's only a matter of a few days for domestic shipping. Never had a problem with either. I've preordered the 1/60 VF-1 with Kev, and will be in the same "boat", so to speak.

I think that's the case. With either Kevin and Carlos at LAFToys, you'll have to wait for them to get their stock shipped from oversees (I think), and then once it's in their hands, it's only a matter of a few days for domestic shipping. Never had a problem with either. I've preordered the 1/60 VF-1 with Kev, and will be in the same "boat", so to speak.

When I'm severely impatient for something I usually go with HLJ + EMS. I pay extra for the stress-relief. :D

Thanks guys. A few days extra is not so bad. I was going for "cheapest" at first, then I was wishing I went for "fastest," but if Valk-Ex is as fast as LAF, I'll be okay.

This thing should be out in Japan tomorrow. I hope we see lots of new pics soon.

I gotta say, this is the first yamato release in a long time that i haven't jumped up and preordered.

I simply have too many VF-1 Roy's and Hikaru's for this to be interesting.

I will grab the VF-1D when its out though.

Edited by thankheaven

DSCF4047_s.jpg

DSCF4055_s.jpg

DSCF4052_s.jpg

DSCF4053_s.jpg

DSCF4054_s.jpg

DSCF4056_s.jpg

DSCF4057_s.jpg

DSCF4058_s.jpg

Material used and texture is way better than 1/48, sureface looks smooth, and both the Valk and FAST pack has darker color compare with the 1/48.

Loads of tempo printing!! would be perfect if they also have Roy's name printed.

Looks like the sticker sheet has imporved, I may use it this time.

All missle can attach tightly to the wing, will not pop off like the 1/48 and 1st SV-51 Ivanov

Intake cover and landing gear are a little bit too diifficult to open since the gap are so small, but sure it is not a problem.

Nosecone is not that short!!

DSCF4067_s.jpg

Edited by Swoosh