1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

yes i mean macross. ;)

And I toally know what you mean about the new TMNT figs, i just bought the whole set (all 4 turtles in box) and the updated separate fig just to have the ninja climbing aids (i swapped the head off Raphael and placed it on the updated fig and gave my bro Donatello combo boxed version). What about Mikey's nunchuku! real chains!

Those are awesome, i'll show ya a piccy! Gimme a sec.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I hate to continue derailing the thread with another "cowabunga!", but I concur on the Neca TMNT figures being EASILY the best action figures of 2008. Hell, I may like them better than most figures from 2007 and 2006, too.

As for the new 1/60, there's no way I'd consider it in a 'best' category unless the category was "Best Unnecessary Remake". :p

One thing I'm wondering... since they went to the trouble of making the nose section removeable, why couldn't they have used a shorter cockpit for the 1-seaters, and eliminate that giraffe neck syndrome? That would have made the battroid PERFECT.

Still lovin' the looks of this thing overall. Always a sucker for the VF-1.

When are you going to update us on what youve done with the 1/48 customs of doom????

I want to know -

1. moveable tailfins aka 1st episode 1D shows off this.

2. double jointed arms and knees? :p

3. i'm sure there is something else, just want to knowwwwwwww something.

I've already shrugged off this release of the VF-1S coz i'm getting your 1 seater conversion kit with hopes of it kicking the new 1/60's arse.

I'm working on something totally new. :ph34r:

The more perfect looking the VF-1A....the more I HATE that head design!!

While the OA head design is pure joy, I have always hated the 1A head design. It's just so...boxy....bleh...

But I don't have a Hikaru 1A...just the 1J...hmm....

VFTF1

It says:

"Due to lack of interest in Japan, all plans for "2-seater" 1/60 valkyrie toys such as the VF-1D have been postponed indefinitely."

So if you want a 1/60 VF you'll just have to get one of the old ones where the transformation requires you to pull on the leg.

Just like I'm pulling yours. :p

That looks pretty good in battroid, but let's wait to see the final product.

I just hope the pilots aren't crammed inside the canopy (meaning we'd have amputee pilots).

there's no excuse for that considering the ginormous space behind the seat in the single pilot VFs.

if yamato just add a second seat and leave the same canopy it will be wrong basically a fake 1 D

all 2 seaters in real world have longer canopy compared to single seat aircraft. will see soon ^_^

Yeah, I think for line art accuracy, we need a longer canopy.

I don't think the canopy will be longer - they already lengthened the the cockpit section (see VF-1S battroid giraffe neck), and there's no more room for a canopy hinge if they extended the canopy more than it already is. I think this may be the case where the design was optimized for 2-seater, and they fudged the 1-seater canopy/cockpit to fit.

Isnt a perfect transform 1D impossible fo the same reason as the perfect 11B? The ehat shiled sides from around the canopy as it recesses right? How are they gonna do that?

Ill take a slightly faked version ay day if it looks good.

I don't think the canopy will be longer - they already lengthened the the cockpit section (see VF-1S battroid giraffe neck), and there's no more room for a canopy hinge if they extended the canopy more than it already is. I think this may be the case where the design was optimized for 2-seater, and they fudged the 1-seater canopy/cockpit to fit.

If you compare the VF-1D battroid CAD drawing with the VF-1S' battroid CAD drawing you'll notice that the indent in the chest plate is a little deeper, indicating that the canopy will be a little bit longer too.

If you compare the VF-1D battroid CAD drawing with the VF-1S' battroid CAD drawing you'll notice that the indent in the chest plate is a little deeper, indicating that the canopy will be a little bit longer too.

Yes, the indent is deeper on the single seaters, but I don't see how they are going to extend the canopy much more than it already is and fit a hinge, all in this little space (unless they go removeable canopy with no hinge, like the 1/60 V.1).

post-3171-1215790848_thumb.jpg

Edited by ghostryder

Yes, the indent is deeper on the single seaters, but I don't see how they are going to extend the canopy much more than it already is and fit a hinge, all in this little space (unless they go removeable canopy with no hinge, like the 1/60 V.1).

I guess we'll see when pictures are released. ^_^

Whatever Yamato does, I don't think we have to worry about them going back to the old removable canopy/heatshield. Whew!

Another thing to note on the 1/60 is the chest. The hump will be much longer and nowhere near the lineart references.

I really wish Yamato would have designed this new 1/60 as a ONE seater platform. It's not like Graham doesn't have pics of what should be done to make it work properly, as a two seater.

Edited by nightmareB4macross

Another thing to note on the 1/60 is the chest. The hump will be much longer and nowhere near the lineart references.

I really wish Yamato would have designed this new 1/60 as a ONE seater platform. It's not like Graham doesn't have pics of what should be done to make it work properly, as a two seater.

its because yamato doesn't want to cut you a check for your ideas.

they can simply adjust everything you did ever so slightly and claim it as their own.

i wouldn't be a bit surprised if they incorporated(nice way of saying stole) your ideas into their 2 seater design.

Accusatory statements and possibilities like that are exactly why companies do not accept submissions like designs from outside, and why most will pointedly say "Do not send us your ideas. We will destroy them without looking at them." on any kind of customer feedback forms. The possibility of someone saying "hey, that was my design!", regardless of whether it actually was or not, necessitates a legal shield of non-interaction.

So if you have a precious hand made valkyrie that you want a company to make, don't send it to them if its your only copy ;P. It's liable to end up in the bin.

its because yamato doesn't want to cut you a check for your ideas.

they can simply adjust everything you did ever so slightly and claim it as their own.

i wouldn't be a bit surprised if they incorporated(nice way of saying stole) your ideas into their 2 seater design.

dnd - Nothing like this has occured nor am I stating or implying this is anything like what I have created. This is completely Yamato's interpretation of the VF-1D, based on their ability to go off ambiguous line-art.

QuinJester - Thanks for looking out.

Let's all keep calm and be civil while were at it.

Edited by nightmareB4macross

heh heh nice! Getting better with the boxes. I'm so glad they started this trend with the YF-21.

Notice how the front pic of the side on Strike Roy hasn't got it's gear down! (places feather in cap)

Did they listen G-Man? :D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie