1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

chunky's win for the fun transformation... Yamato's take too long to transform. But that's about it. The new 1/60's tampo markings are so beautiful. Stickers are now truly optional and I won't be opting to.

I cancelled my order for the Strike VF-1S v.2 at HLJ for the time being. :unsure:

Despite the positive feedback so far, I've decided to just wait and see how the first production run will go (and probably wait for Graham's review of it too).

Why the change of heart? Well, I was tightening the shoulder screws on my VF-0S one day and lo and behold, the dreaded cracked shoulder rears its ugly head. I felt so deflated that I decided not to buy any first runs of any product anymore.

Sorry for sounding so negative. I might re-order the v.2 when Hikaru's VF-1S Strike comes out (huge DYRL fan).

They should make the CF their first version of all toys so when it falls apart they can claim "That's a FEATURE!" and fix it for the hero releases.

See, now this is my point entirely! I can't take it that the hero valk toy from Macross Zero is gimped compared with the enemy valks (not that I have anything against the SV-51). I mean, the hero unit is supposed to be SPECIAL dammit! You'd think they'd put in some extra QC lovin' on these!

Ah well, depending on how the v.2 comes out, I might get the VF-0S with Ghost Booster pack later on. I really REALLY like the design of the Zero, and really hope my next one will be free from any QC issues.

Ah, awesome, the telescoping head in fighter/gerwalk is a great detail.

Ahh just looking at the hands over and over again is such a relief to my eyes. No more KFC chicken hands. Is it just me or does the nose of fighter look pointier and sharper. Overall a beautiful representation of the VF-1. Man I wish I got to put the fast packs on the sample I handled.

*cries*

The waiting on this thing has become pure torture. It looks so goddamn perfect! COME OUT ALREADY!

If I pre-ordered with Valkyrie Exchange, does that doom me to a longer wait? Because that might just drive me over the edge.

Hmmm..

Battroid - Like most everything but that damn giraffe neck. It's the only part that keeps killing it for me.

GERWALK - This is picture perfect.

Fighter - Nice, but I still prefer the 1/48 fighter over this.

Telescoping head.

Double jointed elbows.

Telescoping knees.

Spectra sheen canopy.

Hands.

Dislikes:

Detachable escape pod.

Legs (a bit slender).

Wrists (shape is kind of weird).

Head (a tad on the small side).

Neck.....don't get me started.

Still, I want to own at least one.

post-2246-1215579746_thumb.jpg

I ran the page through babelfish and google translate. This part jumped out at me:

And everyone it is unable to wait and the strike pack it is equipment!

Being one-touch, it is to be simplicity installation!

Without removing the part even with pack installation without stress of course deformation!

Sounds like the it's a lot more sturdy with the fast packs, even during transformation.

Edit:

At the beginning of the article according to google translate:

Yamato's just say the cap is not complete
Although babelfish translates it very differently, could this mean... sidecovers!??!!

I somehow doubt it though, lol. Ah well a guy can dream. Although sidecovers are by no means a dealbreaker for me

Edited by Raptor One

Damn! This is one sexy motherjumpin Beeeootch!!!

Tried to insert the 14th image down from HERE but something about no dynamic something or other. Anyway the one with the half gerwalk non fp photo. Fu(k that is hot.

I was not planning to get the 1S but I do not know if I can wait. It may be ramen time for the whole family soon.

Hmmm..

Battroid - Like most everything but that damn giraffe neck. It's the only part that keeps killing it for me.

GERWALK - This is picture perfect.

Fighter - Nice, but I still prefer the 1/48 fighter over this.

Telescoping head.

Double jointed elbows.

Telescoping knees.

Spectra sheen canopy.

Hands.

Dislikes:

Detachable escape pod.

Legs (a bit slender).

Wrists (shape is kind of weird).

Head (a tad on the small side).

Neck.....don't get me started.

Still, I want to own at least one.

When are you going to update us on what youve done with the 1/48 customs of doom????

I want to know -

1. moveable tailfins aka 1st episode 1D shows off this.

2. double jointed arms and knees? :p

3. i'm sure there is something else, just want to knowwwwwwww something.

I've already shrugged off this release of the VF-1S coz i'm getting your 1 seater conversion kit with hopes of it kicking the new 1/60's arse.

It's not original as a toy, with so many scales and renditions, the YF-21 is perfect in all areas, it should be toy of the year.

We still have some months yet, lets see what else will be released and then we can do a poll for such a statement.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Looks like Yamato updated their website with pics of the 1A with Super parts instead of Strike parts. I wonder if it will come with the Strike cannon anyway. The pics of the super mode also have the other decals/stickers applied such as the "no step" ones.

Also, the 1A without Fast Packs is slated for September release.

It's not original as a toy, with so many scales and renditions, the YF-21 is perfect in all areas, it should be toy of the year.

We still have some months yet, lets see what else will be released and then we can do a poll for such a statement.

I have to say that it is absolutely gorgeous in Fighetr and Gerwalk modes but battroid suffers. For battroid go GNU (less space). Unless you are wicked ace or ruskiiVFausssie who can make anyrhing liook fantastic.

</whoa>

I might pick these up without the armor to display in fighter mode since I like how they incorporated the retracted intake covers, which is one of the things that bugged me about the 1/48 -- using stickers for that instead. That's one feature I think Yamato could have easily done on the 1/48, especially when they thought about the removeable intake covers. It looks like they don't plan on making a cover for the gap behind the head unless this will be another part that will be released with a GBP armor set. I was hoping they would incorporate some of the detail seen in the tv series for the underside in Gerwalk mode, but then again, I don't think it would be possible when that area has the swing bar and the rotating shoulder parts already.

Assuming u mean toys in general and not Macross, I think NECA's TMNT original comic series figures are the 2008 toys of the year so far. They're just awesome in every way!

Assuming u mean macross, then i tend to agree with u so far; the 21 is awesome. I think i like the 25th Anni -19 better though...