1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

Not that I know of, but a June release is not looking so likely.

It's definitely a July release now. Even HLJ has changed their release info to July. Usually Yamato releases at the end of the month right? But I'm not sure if it would be the same with this since it was only delayed because of the flooding in China.

According to the Overdrive newsletter they'll have a review of the Strike 1S up tomorrow. I wonder if Graham did a review for these and if so will he post it tomorrow as well or wait till its "officially" released.

More sad news for the 1/60 v.2

From LOS' site LAFtoys.com

This product will be in stock on Thursday 31 July, 2008. :(

It used to say Friday 30 June, 2008

:ph34r:

July 31st isn't concrete either I bet, usually when you see sites with the 1st or 31st of each month it's just a guess....this could be longer I think.

Doubtful, as even the Yamato website has the release for July and Yamato's release dates usually fall at the end of the month.

that sucks but weird though because there's no such thing as a friday, june 30, 2008.

Okay my bad...I meant Monday June 30th...... <_< .....you knew what I meant.

:ph34r:

Today at Anime Expo, I had the opportunity to hold the 1/60 v.2, transfrom it a little, and examine it. I must say, I'm pretty damn impressed. It is much lighter than the 1/60 v.1 because all the diecast is out. What is left is an awesome new look to the 1/60. I'm definitely getting the set of these. Getting the hands on was exactly what I needed to fully sell me on these babies.

Today at Anime Expo, I had the opportunity to hold the 1/60 v.2, transfrom it a little, and examine it. I must say, I'm pretty damn impressed. It is much lighter than the 1/60 v.1 because all the diecast is out. What is left is an awesome new look to the 1/60. I'm definitely getting the set of these. Getting the hands on was exactly what I needed to fully sell me on these babies.

Yeah I saw it too and it's pretty freaking sweet. Definitely looks at little thin at the size but really does seem like a scaled down 1/48 qualitywise. Nice new box that is still probably a little bigger than it needs to be but they are moving in the right direction. The box is shorter than a 1/48 box but fatter...at least than a regular 1/48 box not sure about a super box.

Yeah I saw it too and it's pretty freaking sweet. Definitely looks at little thin at the size but really does seem like a scaled down 1/48 qualitywise. Nice new box that is still probably a little bigger than it needs to be but they are moving in the right direction. The box is shorter than a 1/48 box but fatter...at least than a regular 1/48 box not sure about a super box.

Very good news guys, thanks for the info/mini-review. Dammit I want one of these NOW :lol: . Ah well looks like it will be worth the wait.

How durable did it feel, how fast was transformation and is transformation better or equivalent to the 1/48 with regards to ease?

any pics? box art?

Kiririth took pics of the box front and a comparison pic of the box to a VF-0A box, but I think he's helping out at AX so don't know when he'll post the pics.

How durable did it feel, how fast was transformation and is transformation better or equivalent to the 1/48 with regards to ease?

The plastic felt just like a 1/48 to me. It seemed pretty sturdy but I didn't see the transformation process.

From what I saw, the transformation is next to exact as far as comparison to the 1/48. the heat shield fits nicely in the body while in fighter mode, and the hands flip in through the top of the forearms, and don't simply slide in. In battroid mode, there is a sense of slimness to it, but the detail on it is something to be admired. The shorter nose cone actually makes it look better than the 1/48 in my opinion, especially in battroid mode.

As for durability, it seems pretty solid. I held it and posed it in both fighter and battroid modes, and with it's new plastics, it holds up very well. The joints are nice and sturdy, but don't seem too sturdy that it may break. I asked if they could attach the fastpacks on, but the guy there said he was a little nervous about putting them on, as he did have to return it to Yamato. I'm officially selling off all my 1/55 stuff, along with my Toynami VF-1's for these. I'm definitely sold.

Oh, I'll try to take more pics today, as I'll be there again. I've been dared to wear the Hikaru outfit, so I will be there today in it. Ugh!!! :ph34r:

Edited by Jasonc

At this point, I don't know how much better they can get. Yes, there's always room for slight imporvement, but at some point, you almost have to ask yourself, how much closer can it get in a scale that you prefer? I love the 1/48s, but the size of them just takes up too much space, and with the 3 display cases I do have, that doesn't leave much room for many other things. That said, if Bandai did somehow release a 1/60, I'd probably keep the Yamatos, and would buy just a couple of Bandais. Maybe one to keep, another to customize somehow. Afterall, I have a preorder for 2 of these, I'm already going to be researching for a custom project.