1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

The chest looks .... REALLY puffy. Like it bulges out a LOT. Is the chest seriously supposed to be that bulbous? I know people keep saying "it's just because it's not locked down" on all of these photos, but it's so consistent that I really think that's the way it's designed.

Still, the 1A looks awfully pretty. If I'm getting one, that's the one.

The chest looks .... REALLY puffy. Like it bulges out a LOT. Is the chest seriously supposed to be that bulbous? I know people keep saying "it's just because it's not locked down" on all of these photos, but it's so consistent that I really think that's the way it's designed.

I normally would back the whole "not locked down" part....but I am starting to wonder myself if that's really the case. :huh:

:ph34r:

Damn it looks real good, The looks compartment has a mixture of hasegawa like battroid/fighter similarities. Defintely considering a VF-1S Roy/Hikaru, VF-1J Max/Millia, VE-1 Elintseeker and VF-1 Super Ostrich, maybe a VF-1J GPB if any was ever made. With yamato going into the 1/60 scale, i do hope they give us a VF-4G as well

I normally would back the whole "not locked down" part....but I am starting to wonder myself if that's really the case. :huh:

I'm going to stick with the "not locked down" explanation since that's exactly how the vf-0's chest looks if you don't lock it down right.

Yamato is really impressing me with this line. Very well done.

They seem to have put a lot into this new line to make one last run with the vf-1's and by golly, they got my money.

I'm glad I either held off or sold most of my 1/48's. The skull squadron + my low vis is sufficient.

With this line, I'm planning to reclaim the all-inclusive collection I once had with the original 1/60 line.

The only thing I can possibly hope for with this is that:

- it's QC'ed to the max,

- the GBP doesn't look sumo like the 1/48,

- dual seaters that have a nice extended canopy.

- includes stands?? :p perhaps I'm pushing my luck.

Lookin Good.

Man, I don't know. I'm a fighter mode junkie. I just can't get over the difference in the shape and length of the nose cone/fuselage area.

Maybe it's the angle of the shot or maybe it's just me but the 1/60 looks almost stubby when compared to screenshots from the series and movie. And with the FAST packs, proportionally...it just looks a little off to me. I'll still problably wind up getting one or two but there's no way in heck I'm getting rid of my 1/48s.

Man, I don't know. I'm a fighter mode junkie. I just can't get over the difference in the shape and length of the nose cone/fuselage area.

Maybe it's the angle of the shot or maybe it's just me but the 1/60 looks almost stubby when compared to screenshots from the series and movie. And with the FAST packs, proportionally...it just looks a little off to me. I'll still problably wind up getting one or two but there's no way in heck I'm getting rid of my 1/48s.

I imagine that you could find a screen shot of them with long and short noses if you looked long and hard enough. It is animation after all. I'm sure the scales, etc are all over the place a little bit through the entire series.

My $.02 B))

I imagine that you could find a screen shot of them with long and short noses if you looked long and hard enough. It is animation after all. I'm sure the scales, etc are all over the place a little bit through the entire series.

My $.02 B))

You're probably right. Still prefer the birds with the big beaks, though.

I must add something that i been thinking of lately and i believe Yamato's sculpts and Animated canon (not lineart)

go hand in hand. I believe Yamato's sculpts make the Valks look better than what the animation did in some ways.

everything has an ugly side, it's all about the angles.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Just saw this pic, the nose looks pretty good from this angle I must say. Also that 1/60 VF-1S pic is of the resin prototype, those always look weird lol ^_^

026.jpg

I think the "bubble like" canopy is the cause of that bulging chest. By right, VF-1 not supposed to hv modern type bubbled canopy.

Edited by Javabean

Just saw this pic, the nose looks pretty good from this angle I must say. Also that 1/60 VF-1S pic is of the resin prototype, those always look weird lol ^_^

026.jpg

That's a good angle. I'm also a fighter mode guy but I'm starting to warm to this shorter nose VF-1. I think many of us are simply so used to the long nose 1/48 that our perspective on how the VF-1 nose should look like gets bit warped. Also I think the big bubble canopy tends to make the nose look shorter than it is.

It's a million times better than the nose on the old 1/60. That's for sure!

Edited by Vifam7

Very very nice. If the 1A gets Strike i'll grab it.

Me and you both, but here's hoping YAMATO's not going to limit the STRIKE CANNON/TIP for this 1/60 version to the 1S Variant, just like they did for the V1.

Edited by connor99

when compared to screenshots from the series and movie.

This part of the robot I think is anime magic. In battroid mode the nose squashes and goes blunt in the anime. One thing I will be interested in is how this affects the crotch piece of the GBP if they get to that. Will we get both long and short crotch pieces?

Poor owners of 1/48. I reckon they check this thread everyday and are tempted to sell them all and start the whole collection again so they have to justify to themselves why they should keep them now that yamato has abandoned them and didn't go through with the two seaters? Wasn't there like a guy who had 10000000000000000 million of them? What's going to happen to them?

Anyway these will look good next the Qrau in battroid fighting poses. Same with destroids.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

The VF-1 is a stubby airplane. It's not just the 1/60 rendition.

Also notice the placement of the pilot in the anime compared to the 1/60. The forward positioning of the pilot is a big part of why the nose looks stubby. If the pilot was positioned more towards the middle/rear of the cockpit the nose would look a lot longer.

Even as a 1/48 lover, I have to admit the 1/60 battroid looks fantastic from a 3/4's view. It's got a great bulging chest profile with the heatshield angling like it does in some of the anime and art. I'm still disappointed about the shape of the intakes and the upper legs, the unnecesesary bulge in the canopy, and the rainbow canopy is entirely gratuitous, gimmicky, and doesn't look right at all-- but from certain angles in certain modes, the 1/60 has its own charm.

Me and you both, but here's hoping YAMATO's not going to limit the STRIKE CANNON/TIP for this 1/60 version to the 1S Variant, just like they did for the V1.

It's up for preorder on the Overdrive site. Says it comes with Super & Strike parts. Don't know how reliable that info is though...

Edited by Raptor One

It's up for preorder on the Overdrive site. Says it comes with Super & Strike parts. Don't know how reliable that info is though...

Thanks for that, i do hope that's right, afterall, it would be a pain to not include it, making a new plastic packing

sheet an all, and we all know how yamato likes to keep their pakcing as un-original and samey as always. :p

And it would have to be cheaper! ;-) So that's good, we'll get our max 1A DYRL? with Strike/Super FP's, as well as

Hikaru's 1S of course. Maybe a CF-1A Strike/Super/FP? That's gonna be cool.

Shoud be a flawless, problem free first release.

Everything's nice and tight. It locks ogether amazingly well in all three modes.

Tons of Tampo printing as well.

Graham

I love, LOVE, that they finally got the kite tampoed.

Looks like I finally can cross off "tampo all important markings" off my yamato to do list.

Hand size looks great too, as well as the inclusion of fixed posed hands.

With the upgrade we've been begging for, along with the pleasant new bonuses, this is the vf-1 series TO GET for me.

I left something out in the things I can ask for list I mentioned above and yes indeed,

- SIDE COVERS.

With the level of detail they got going so far, it almost degrades the beautiful battroid mode which, otherwise would be perfect. This shouldn't be included with a future GBP set which if they do, would only seem like it'd be a business decision to include an added incentive to purchase that set. Slick, but unnecessary.

I'd still get this regardless, no doubt... but I hope they take the road that will give them massive kudos by their fans.

The GBP will sell itself if it's sleek and beautiful like its model counterpart.

Shoud be a flawless, problem free first release.

Everything's nice and tight. It locks ogether amazingly well in all three modes.

Tons of Tampo printing as well.

Graham

Thanks for that info Graham. I am totally excited for this to be released. Can you tell us if in the pics that we have been seeing of the Battroid mode is the bulged out like that or did whoever not transform it correctly? PLEASE let us know.

Some people may not like the gimmicks like the mirror canopy, but I think it's great that Yamato decided to go all out with the V2 1/60 VF-1 series.

Definitely gonna get the Roy, but will hold off on the Hikaru 1A till they come out with the 1S version.

-Kyp

I wish yamato would stop using the bubble canopy on the VF-1... I like my canopy nice and smooth, make for a sleeker bird IMHO. The bubble canopy fits even less with how yamato has slimmed down the rest of the fighter... Still its the best rendition of the VF-1 so far. so until bandai makes a PG this is what I'll end up picking up to represent my VF-1 in 1/60th scale. Though I am definitely keeping my 1/48's around.

I wish yamato would stop using the bubble canopy on the VF-1... I like my canopy nice and smooth, make for a sleeker bird IMHO. The bubble canopy fits even less with how yamato has slimmed down the rest of the fighter... Still its the best rendition of the VF-1 so far.

To be honest I like the bubble canopy, as its fitting with modern fighters, especially since the late 70's-present. It may look better not to have it, but a bubble canopy is almost always necessary for fighters, for dogfighting.

Also there are some drawings were Kawamori does draw the VF-1 with a slight bubble canopy.

Judging by the last photo, the nose doesn't look that bad after all. Stubbier than the 1/48 but still not bad. And I don't have a problem with the canopy except that in battroid mode it makes the chest bulge out more than I would like it to. But in fighter mode, it'll work fine. I imagine in dogfighting it would be valuable to be able to look behind at your six o'clock to see if someone's there instead of letting your 'lock-on' warning signal tell you that someone's there. I guess the bubble canopy can help with that somewhat.

Edited by shogun029

to be honest, I was hoping that they would fix the nose so that it doesn't fall off. Now that the fuselage can retract during battroid mode, the long schlong that 1/60 advocates were so jealous of with the 1/48 is no longer a problem, even when putting on the future GBP Armour. I would have at least did that, so that the VF looks closer to the anime.