1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

Do we know what kind of gunpod strap this will come with? I remember the one for the 1/48 being so crappy that everytime I get a new Valkyrie I just toss the strap into one of the missle pods and forget about it.

It may be all that he legally CAN say!

The way of a yamato sith-lord is cruel...for us that is.

Anyway, I'm soooooo getting one of these. I just knew Yamato would someday come back to 1/60 and do justice to the VF-1 so it can play along its fellow 1/60 brothers, it was just a matter of waiting a couple of years (yes, that's a manly tear running down my face).

now, WHERE IS MY VF-5000 and VF-0D :lol: !? ( just kidding, honestly, by the time I finally get to buy all the valks I haven't bought yet I'll be like 70 and my Arthritis wont actually allow me to transform them so I wont even notice the QC problems, so Yamato, if you're seeing this post, take your time :lol: )

now, WHERE IS MY VF-5000 and VF-0D :lol: !? ( just kidding, honestly, by the time I finally get to buy all the valks I haven't bought yet I'll be like 70 and my Arthritis wont actually allow me to transform them so I wont even notice the QC problems, so Yamato, if you're seeing this post, take your time :lol: )

I do want a VF-5000 and a VF-0D and a VF-4 by yamato, yes, bring it on baby!

I'll probably pick a few of these up. BBTS can sometimes charge a bit more, but Joel is a stand up guy and I've been doing business with him for years. I imagine when I get around to ordering it'll be from him. Their service is really top notch in my book.

I've been a steady customer of BBTS. Regardless of how many people whine about their pricing, they have a top notch reputation. I live about 45 minutes from their warehouse and actually visited their building and met Joel who recognized a nobody like me. Color me impressed with BBTS and their service.

I've been a steady customer of BBTS. Regardless of how many people whine about their pricing, they have a top notch reputation. I live about 45 minutes from their warehouse and actually visited their building and met Joel who recognized a nobody like me. Color me impressed with BBTS and their service.

I wish I lived that close to their warehouse...the only thing that stops me is the shipping. The price is decent but I have had an item here and there that the box for it was smooshed a bit because of the air bubble thingys they use. Those things are sometimes more harmful than helpful. They REALLY need to switch to bubble wrap and then I will be a happy customer again. But...I have ALWAYS had great customer service from them.

:ph34r:

Man, I was looking at photos of the 1/48 weathered VF-1S and was thinking, if they did the new 1/60 line weathered, that would sweeten the deal enough to guarantee me wanting to nab every single one they release.

Granted, of course, I didn't get too heavily into the old 1/60 VF-1 line, basically just an Elint and a Super-O.

I wish I lived that close to their warehouse...the only thing that stops me is the shipping. The price is decent but I have had an item here and there that the box for it was smooshed a bit because of the air bubble thingys they use. Those things are sometimes more harmful than helpful. They REALLY need to switch to bubble wrap and then I will be a happy customer again. But...I have ALWAYS had great customer service from them.

They do use bubble wrap, I just got a Godmarz wrapped nicely in it. Maybe it depends on what they're shipping, it seems like I get larger items with bubble wrap and smaller ones with those airbag things. Or maybe they just decide by whatever is easiest to grab when someone is packing the box.

It's hard to beat BBTS for me. They ship quickly (I'm close enough to them to get standard UPS next day), they have some of the best customer service I've ever seen and their refund/exchange policy alone makes their slightly higher prices worth it - it's like insurance. Considering Yamato toys can be a bit problematic it's nice to know that I can return the new 1/60 for a different one if it has any issues.

Edited by eriku

Even more than 2 seater vf-1s, I want my VF-5000. I think other than the vf-25, the vf-5000 is my most wanted remaining valk design.

I totally agree. It is the design other that i am dying to own other than the vf-4

Like what eriku said, BBTS has always used bubble wrap with my packages.

You sure you're not confusing BBTS with HLJ? I know all my packages from HLJ either use those air pockets or nothing at all <_< . HLJ has been skimping on packing material, but at least their boxes aren't paper thin. My Kotobukiya Chun Li statue box was slightly damaged due to no packing precautions by HLJ.

Back on topic, I like the 1/48s just fine and probably won't bother with these new 1/60s until the two seaters come out. Like most, I'm only interested in the 1D, Elint, and Super-O as they are the only ones left to make with a better design (either in 1/48 or 1/60 ver. 2).

Um....you go to a toy store. You give them money. They send you the toy when it's out.

the problem is i cant find any toy store in germany that have yamato macross toys. hlj.com dont have the pre-order and i dont know any other good onlinestore in japan or usa.

Guest sh002

i'm thinking of just sticking with the new 1/60 strike vf-1s and then wait and think about getting any future new 1/60's. even though it's much better it took me long to finish the original collection.

Like what eriku said, BBTS has always used bubble wrap with my packages.

You sure you're not confusing BBTS with HLJ? I know all my packages from HLJ either use those air pockets or nothing at all <_< . HLJ has been skimping on packing material, but at least their boxes aren't paper thin. My Kotobukiya Chun Li statue box was slightly damaged due to no packing precautions by HLJ.

Back on topic, I like the 1/48s just fine and probably won't bother with these new 1/60s until the two seaters come out. Like most, I'm only interested in the 1D, Elint, and Super-O as they are the only ones left to make with a better design (either in 1/48 or 1/60 ver. 2).

I agree with you and eriku. I have not ordered from BBTS is a LONG LONG time. Things have prob. changed since then. I have always had great customer service from them....the packaging was only a problem a few times. If they are using bubble wrap then coolio. I have the reissues w/FP's pre-ordered with BBTS now...so we will see how well they ship them. I added to 2 bucks per for "collectors grade" so that may help.

Thanks Decon!

I'll be waiting for the VF-1S Hikaru tho. ;-) Wonder how long it will take for the standalone Strike pack?

I figured I should be waiting for that one also but I will get a Roy first and probally paint it.

This thing is as tight as a tick. You guys are going to love it. Yamato have really hit a home run here. Really solid feeling.

Some cool features and details that are not evident from the magazine pics as well (can't talk about those yet though).

One lucky person who saw and handled it (shall remain namelesss for the moment), said it was so good, he's going to sell off all his 1/48s.

Graham

Definitely more solid. Super tight joints everywhere. Too early to say if they will loosen over time.

And it locks together in fighter mode even better than the 1/48.

It's one of those rare toys that feels 'just right' in your hand.

Graham