1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

Fighter mode this, fighter mode that... seriously I'm kind of tired of people wanting fighter mode to be uber perfect.

The last thing I want Yamato to tweak is fighter mode.

For once I want to hold a Yamato valk that

a) looks great (no compromises) in battroid mode

b) good articulation

c) is not a floppy mess

d) has proper locks in the right/necessary places

Don't get me wrong I don't want my fighter mode to look like a Borg Cube either, but currently there are enough

alternatives out there to have your perfect fighter mode. What we need are some better looking/functioning/locking/PT

battroid modes.

After saying that, the only thing I see missing from those latest pics are some side covers.

Which by the looks of it Yamato will not make/add with the valk at the moment :(

Edited by lechuck

The part is correct. All lineart displays the neck as being darker. Let's not go nuts over lineart symantics.

You can always take it apart and paint it white or mod / customize it some other way

I'm glad that its gonna be made :)

I can't tell for sure, but it looks like the backpack support that came with the 1/48 super/strike parts isn't going to be part of this. Maybe, it's not needed, but it would really suck if there's a large gap between the head and the backpack. It could be that these latest pics are still too early and don't show all the accessories, such as all the missiles that may come with it. Wonder if they are incorporating the gunstrap with this new design, too?

Edited by sidearmsalpha

Big Bad Toy Store just made the 1S available for preorder for:

$154.99

the price is kinda crazy to think about considering some of the 1/48's they have in stock still are only 10 bucks more, but that's without Fast Packs. 1/48's they have in stock with Fast Packs are about $200, so...

The email I got from BBTS about the 1/60 is very misleading. In their description of the upcoming 1/60 they made it sound like it's a reissue of the old one...which is not a good way to sell it for $154.99:

YAMATO MACROSS - 1/60 STRIKE VF-1S: Yamato is bringing back the 1/60

scale Roy Fokker valkyrie with all the added armor and weapons. If you

missed this one ~5 years or so ago, here is a good chance to bring your

collection up to speed. Yamato has raised the prices quite a bit since

the original release, but its still a very cool figure at $154.99

Los' preorder price is much better at $138.95, but after shipping that'll be close to $150. That's still too much for a scaled down 1/48 IMO, I'm going to have to pass on these unless the yen seriously falls to the dollar.

I really enjoy working with Los and this makes me want to put in my order. Maybe I should.

:ph34r:

After seeing the price, I look over my shoulder to where my old 1/60 VF-1S Strike was... then I remember it is packed for moving.

These are 1/48 scale prices for a 1/60. :wacko:

Yamato is making the old 1/60's more attractive and pricing the new ones out of the market.

hobo? i make a good living so its not a money issue.

theres principalities involved here!

and yes thats a made up word.

I just love it when people are called hobos because they refuse to pay more for something than they believe it to be worth... :rolleyes:

I'm not gonna pay $150 (Not including shipping)for the 1/60 VF-1 either. I'll go $125...MAX. Otherwise, Yamato can not only kiss my ass, but I'll just buy the 1/48's and screw staying with consistent scale size. And this is coming from a "scale whore".

One of several good things I can say about the 1/48's...they're no-brainers when it comes to QC and overall good design and durability.

-Kyp

Oh well....for that price I'm passing on this one. :(

Everything I like seems to be getting more and more expensive and I can't keep justifying spending this amount of money. Oh well.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

I'm suprise by the reaction that quite a few of us are planning to skip buying this after I posted the prices for it. It sad that the prices for the new (old) 1/60 lines cost more than when it first came out. I have to say this, but I feel Yamato is running in circles with us. They started with 1/72 to 1/60 to 1/48 and back to 1/60. I would like to ask Yamato who set up the price of this line and justify why we should pay it. The price doesn't make any sense to me when comparing with the 1/48th scale no matter how articulated and detail the new line is.

yet another macross release i'm passing on because of their asking price.

yamatos been sucking their fans dry from day one and its only a matter of time before everyone gets tired of it.

i know i certainly am.

I... *long pause* agree... :blink:

'bout time the source got blamed and not just the online retailers.

If prices are not in the sub-$100 USD for these I'm not getting any.

Yamato is out of their mind. Ridiculous. :angry:

I was just looking at the pictures at amiami.com. I don't care if this thing is expensive. It's as perfect as any valkyrie toy is ever going to get in my opinion. I skipped on the 1/48s though (fat canopy and low-hanging arms/shoulders in fighter mode), so obviously I'm coming from a different perspective than most. But damn, the new 1/60 VF-1 is gorgeous.

I must be the opposite of everyone here, because I prefer the new 1/60 over the 1/48 based on the fighter mode. Furthermore, I prefer the smaller scale. Does that make me a weirdo?

Okay, so regarding the price. I think 12000 yen is fair for a fully decked-out new 1/60 VF-1 with fast packs. The problem is the import shipping. We've got to do a group buy on this thing, guys.

No matter how bad I want a v.2 1/60 I agree with the rest of you. I might as well stick to a 1/48 for close to the same price. I hope you're getting all this Y A M A T O!!!

I was just looking at the pictures at amiami.com. I don't care if this thing is expensive. It's as perfect as any valkyrie toy is ever going to get in my opinion. I skipped on the 1/48s though (fat canopy and low-hanging arms/shoulders in fighter mode), so obviously I'm coming from a different perspective than most. But damn, the new 1/60 VF-1 is gorgeous.

Most of us agree.....it does look spectacular.

I must be the opposite of everyone here, because I prefer the new 1/60 over the 1/48 based on the fighter mode. Furthermore, I prefer the smaller scale. Does that make me a weirdo?

No....you're not a weirdo....well at least not about this :D ...I prefer the smaller scale as well. The 1/48 is HUGE and the 1/60 is just right.

Okay, so regarding the price. I think 12000 yen is fair for a fully decked-out new 1/60 VF-1 with fast packs. The problem is the import shipping. We've got to do a group buy on this thing, guys.

I'm down to get one if we can get a group buy and save some decent dough.

I just love it when people are called hobos because they refuse to pay more for something than they believe it to be worth... :rolleyes:

I'm not gonna pay $150 (Not including shipping)for the 1/60 VF-1 either. I'll go $125...MAX. Otherwise, Yamato can not only kiss my ass, but I'll just buy the 1/48's and screw staying with consistent scale size. And this is coming from a "scale whore".

One of several good things I can say about the 1/48's...they're no-brainers when it comes to QC and overall good design and durability.

-Kyp

So are these the same size at the original 1/60's and not the 1/60 of the Macross Zero fighters? If so I can't see myself paying extra for attached legs. I'm with Kyp. I'd rather give my money for the 1/48's any day. Unless they come out with something special that I want for the sake just having in my collection, I think I will just concentrate on collecting 1/48 scale fighters.

<_<

oo

... why the price hike Yamato? weak! I'll be grabbing a strike pack but dodging the 1S altogether. Be getting just the 2 seaters, and a CF and 1S Hikky now. Deffinently a 1S max whenever that might come out, maybe i'll just grab a Max 1A and buy a 1S 1/60 head of NMB4M! ;) I'm interested in what they will do about boxes, will we have keepers this time???

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I'm interested in what they will do about boxes, will we have keepers this time???

I am too....but I bet they'll let us down in this department as well. <_<

Come on, I'm sure to Yamato, these prices are very fair... considering their last two releases were in the 200 dollar range... and how craptacular the dollar is and how insane oil prices are.

Not saying I agree with them, I'm just saying... these are guys that charge nearly a hundred bucks for the less then stellar (or detailed) q-rau... why would a new valk come in cheaper?