1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

Don't lie, you know you're gonna get the Roy when it comes out...[/Jedi mind-trick] :wacko:

:lol:

-Kyp

Alrighty Kyp you got me......I have been sitting here drooliong over the newest pics.....I'm gonna get a Super Focker. I'm buyin in.

:ph34r:

Photos from Winter Wonder Festival 2008. Thanks to MWer: SaveRobotech.

Stop worrying about the stickers guys. This is not a final production version.

Graham

stickers??? :huh: Stickers are so yesterday~~ ^_^

After the beauty such as the SV-51? Why are they even still around?

Why wont they just establish a standard of tampoing all the important stuff on there?

including kites and skulls and numbers, the whole schabang.

With bandai in the macross mix now, I think it's an excellent time to do so. ^_^

Thats more like it, thanks for the pics SaveRobotech. I only wish they showed this in more modes than just fighter. The armor is cheap for 3990 yen, so I will probably pick up one more set of armor after I purchase the bundle. I don't mind that the pilot's seat is placed further towards the nose than on the 1/48.

It looks damn good. It would have been better if Yamato had it in battroid mode showing off what it can do with its added articulation.

Graham,

3. Why not just go with two completely different sculpts of the top half of the fuselage instead of shoving the pilot all the way to front? The pilot looks cramped in there.

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?act=...st&id=50147

In the pic of the weathered 1/48 above, it doesn't look like Roy is really anymore crammed up front than in the 1/60 to me. It's just the way the overall cockpit is designed in the 1/60, but he's really not that much closer, but I can see why it appears that way.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

I dunno, I have to agree that Roy looks shoved too far forward and cramped. And I'm not digging that bump in the canopy and like the 1/48's design much better. Other than that it looks pretty decent and I may have to pick up one or two, almost to go with the 1/60 Destroid instead of the other way around. That 1/48 is waaay overweathered.

Ooooh...loving the pics... I might have to get a good sized collection of these. :)

Couple of interesting things I'm noticing..

1. The boosters look like they're really going to be sturdy, clipped under the back of the fuselage like that.. I've always been afraid I'd slip and snap the whole tail pack off trying to attach the boosters on the 1/48, so it's nice to see a more solid mounting point.

2. I'd say TV fast packs are almost a certainty - even though the color and strike cannon are from DYRL, look underneath :) the arm packs are the angled TV style.

3. Are the vernier thrusters on the boosters adjustable, or is that upper thruster just glued on at a wacky angle? As is, it'd probably blow the upper cover off the booster when it's fired. :p

Despite the little things, it looks really good for an early prototype. Just hope I have money to buy a couple (dozen) when they're out.

10,290.00 JPY = 95.2009 USD

i hope thats with FP's cause the older 1/60 strike roy had diecast and cost about that much.

Me too....but.....just by looking at the 2 different signs in the wonderfest pics I would say that price is for the VF-1S alone and then the Booby Ducks are gonna be around 37 bones. That's kinda $hitty...you can get a 1/48 for 50 bucks more.

Me too....but.....just by looking at the 2 different signs in the wonderfest pics I would say that price is for the VF-1S alone and then the Booby Ducks are gonna be around 37 bones. That's kinda $hitty...you can get a 1/48 for 50 bucks more.

back in the days i suggested that if yamato made a 1/60 valk with the 1/48 swing bar design, that i would buy it in a heartbeat but as it stands now, i'm not willing to pay that much for a smaller valk with less features(i'm assuming theres less since its smaller in size) and no diecast.

graham said a while back that a 1/60 w/FPs should cost about the same as a standard 1/48(though he said not to quote him on it). right now its $135-ish and thats before shipping. the standard 1/48 sold for less than $100 USD in HK.

I agree on the pilot pushed too far forward. Yamato could've keep the whole outer cockpit design for the future two seaters and center the figure better in the single pilot versions. As it is, Yamato just left the space for the other figure behind the pilot, wich looks odd for a one seater. Besides, Roy looks awfully uncomfortable in there.

Edit: Oh yeah: and the detailed boosters not only mean that the top covers opens up like the 1/48, but also that the missile/laser beam pods are swappableI say this because Yamato is obviously aiming at translate the features of the 1/48 FPs at 1/60 scale and IMHO the swapping weapons pod is a more important feature than the inner details of the boosters. I'm glad we're getting both tho' :)

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Hmmmm.... no, the cockpit is longer at the back. And of course it looks stubby coz it's gear is down.

It does look off to me, but that's just a bad angle. Sigh, wish it didn't have that bad angle though.

The VF-1 has a really small cockpit to begin with. It's a smaller war plane after all.

:edit:

meh, not as bad as i thought as i went to my 1/48's and compared to an back from the new pics. Just the angle threw me.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

[Reposting from another thread where, in my morning stupor, I must have mistakenly mis-posted!]

Are there any differences between either sculpt or function between the upcoming 1/60 and the now "classic" 1/48? Is the former nothing but a miniaturized "1/48?" The new 1/60, to me, seems less streamlined than the 1/48 and a bit bulbous in the cockpit area especially.

If the new 1/60's end up including every release in the old 1/60 line-up, especially including the three 2-seaters, I would replace the old school, 1/60's. But that release schedule, I am sure, would span years.....And I am not sure about risking getting rid of those, even one by one as the new 1/60's are released, given the risk that they might not complete the line. I'd rather not have a mixed bag of old and new 1/60's haha. Man, I am anal about consistency in my collection!

Edited by emerson

Are there any differences between either sculpt or function between the upcoming 1/60 and the now "classic" 1/48? Is the former nothing but a miniaturized "1/48?" The 1/60, to me, seems less streamlined than the 1/48 and a bit bulbous in the cockpit area especially.

The 1/60 lacks moving flaps, and removable nosecone to expose radar, but has double jointed elbows, a gunpod that sits higher in fighter mode, and a more flush underside due to the arms not drooping lower than the legs in fighter mode.

The 1/60 lacks moving flaps, and removable nosecone to expose radar, but has double jointed elbows, a gunpod that sits higher in fighter mode, and a more flush underside due to the arms not drooping lower than the legs in fighter mode.

Thanks for the info Shin!

It looks like that lower legs are made of die-cast but I could be wrong.

Not too sure about that.....Hmmmmm.....I wish we had some more pics. I know I know I always want more ^_^

I do REALLY dig how the Booby Ducks are attached. I am happy they made them that way.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the pic! Looking good. Not too keen on the color of the fast packs but still looking good.

See....I was thinking the same thing....but, what color should they be? Can you give an example for me PLEASE?

See....I was thinking the same thing....but, what color should they be? Can you give an example for me PLEASE?

Well, I am not sure what Kawamori would say but if you watch SDFM or DYRL this color does not seem to match either very well. In both cases the colors I see on my TV set are more Grey with slight blue tint, not blue with very subtle gray tint. Some scenes the FP are light gray some scenes they are dark gray. Like the Bandai Strike Valk from the 80s has that dark color which seems anime accurate to me as does the light color of the reissue. I know they are two different colors but both look accurate to me to different scenes in the show/movie. My $0.02....

Wrong. We have Roy FP set coming out in August and stand alone Roy and the FP set coming out in Sept.

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...st&p=563521

-Kyp

ahhh, i was really only refferring to different valk releases though, other than Fp sets and Roy FP combo, but the standalone Roy is news to me cheers Kyp.

They're either going to release a two seater after Roy, or they're gonna make us wait for it. I'd rather they release the two seaters ASAP for those of us who've been waiting all this time than make us wait even longer for it.

Like release the VT-1 after Roy then another Valk, followed by the VE-1, then another Valk, then release the VF-1D. Or something like that, that would be cool in my opinion.

-Kyp