1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

Graham,

Is the strike cannon removable?

I don't see the FP tip.

It would have to, unless, the strike pack doesn't come with a right missile pod. That would be Elton Johnish!

No way man, it will have to come with the ability to remove. Didn't the original 1/60's have that option? I only got the VT-1...

Guess we will have to grab a VF-1A (move) Super pack combo???? >_______>

Given that the first magazine pictures we have seen show a Movie-style VF-1S with Strike config FASTpacks, I would wager that it is going to be packaged with those options. To be honest I would expect all of the new VF-1 1/60th line to be packaged with FASTpacks. It allows Yamato to maintain the existing price point from the 1/48th line despite the smaller scale - an important consideration if they are going to be competing with a hypothetical Bandai "Macross Frontier" line.

Karl

I would gladly buy the following:

VF-1S Focker(please be in grey, please!

VF-1J Hikaru(grey could work too)

VF-1A TV Max type(combat relevant, sure some say its bland, but hell the most significant dogfights do not always have the most colorful plane).

VF-1D

Maybes=VF-1A Hikaru DYRL(I love that one for some reason), low viz, et al.

I want (in order most favoured) -

VT-1 (and if i was to buy doubles of a two seater valk it would be the VT-1) so maybe x 2

VF-1D

VE-1

VF-1S Hikaru x 2 (plus Strikes included in both combos)

VF-1J Hikaru (GBP-1S included as combo)

VF-1S Max

VF-1A Cannon Fodder (will buy a FP/Strike/TV Super package for the CF.)

VF-1S Roy (TV FP preferred but will grab the first release Roy Strike i spose)

VF-1J Millia and Max 1J (FP's included of course)

TV-1A Max

anything else they bring out i may consider, but even though i'm a 1/60 scale nazi i still won't be a completist.

That means no to Low-Vis 2, probably no to Stealth, and no to other crappy non-canon schemes.

Angelbird scheme i may get. But i think no, coz the 1/48 is more fighter orientated, and the Angel Bird only looks good in Fighter.

So no, no to Angelbird as well. Don't need two, i'm happy with my 1/48 Angelbird.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Well, it looks like they got the color right on these Strike parts. I could never understand how Yamato was able to get it right on the original 1/60 VF-1S Strike, but later, it was totally off on the 1/48 Super/Strike parts.

Edited by sidearmsalpha

And in reply to post #704, NO THE BLOODY LEGS ARE NOT DETACHABLE! next person to ask if they are detachable or removeable gets an instant 1 week ban! What part of perfect transformation to you people not understand, huh?

Graham (who is off the happy pills today)

Well - I looked at the picture, and frankly I'd be sold if not for the fact that the legs on the 1/60s are detachable.

VFTF1

ps - don't ban me! I just had ta :-)

I'm also hoping that the Strike set also includes an extra tip so that we can change it to Super armor if we want.

While these 1/60 toys look great, I'll definitely wait for the 3rd or 4th release. In addition to having all the kinks worked out by then, I'm in no rush to buy more VF-1's after dropping money on the 1/48's and the old 1/60 line. :wacko:

While these 1/60 toys look great, I'll definitely wait for the 3rd or 4th release.

i'm with you there. its the beginning of the line which means it'll take at least 2 releases before they go back and fix anything that needs to be fixed.

i know they're just proto photos but did anyone notice how gappy the fighter mode is? the fit and finish just doesn't seem to be there, its almost toynami-esque. :huh:

i'm with you there. its the beginning of the line which means it'll take at least 2 releases before they go back and fix anything that needs to be fixed.

i know they're just proto photos but did anyone notice how gappy the fighter mode is? the fit and finish just doesn't seem to be there, its almost toynami-esque. :huh:

I'm definitely in the "buy-the-2nd-release" bandwagon now. Even with the new releases people praise about, the sv-51 still came with wrong hinges (the nora is technically a second release).

But yea, all yamato prototypes have gaps and it's too soon to determine the fit and finish of it. If anything, yamato had many attempts with the vf-1 design and I'm sure they got the hang of it by now.

I think the big gaps have something to do with the materials used on the prototypes. Resin prototypes tend to have more gaps than their plastic production counterparts, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I too have a long list for this line, but I'm also waiting for the second releases. That will give me time to recover from my recent purchases.

But yea, all yamato prototypes have gaps and it's too soon to determine the fit and finish of it. If anything, yamato had many attempts with the vf-1 design and I'm sure they got the hang of it by now.

One would think that they could FINALLY get the VF-1 right. I sure hope so. If the ones that I have determined that I want are in the 2nd or 3rd release I will be VERY happy. Question for y'all.....if they make say the VT-1 in the first run and it ends up being crappy.....will they make the VT-1 AGAIN in the 2nd run???

:ph34r:

One would think that they could FINALLY get the VF-1 right. I sure hope so. If the ones that I have determined that I want are in the 2nd or 3rd release I will be VERY happy. Question for y'all.....if they make say the VT-1 in the first run and it ends up being crappy.....will they make the VT-1 AGAIN in the 2nd run???

:ph34r:

I'd say by the time they release the VT-1, Yamato will have al the potential issues figured out. Aside from the cockpit, it's not that different from any other VF-1 with FPs ^_^