1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

You know if you could some how pull out the heatshield in fighter mode you could recreat hikaru's flight back to earth since the leg wings moved up during that part. I always thought it was very cool to see the heat shield deployed while in fighter, especially the ones with the jolly roger on them. And honestly i could care less about the side covers. I never used them on the 1/48s so the few 1/60s i get it doesnt bother me that i doesnt have them. I find them a bit of a nuisance anyway.

Edited by kanedaestes

While I think that this new way is innovative, I guess the old version was executed better, cause it was secure and way also hidden.

It would seem that this scale does not have the improved double jointed knee as seen on the YF-19 and also the VF-0.

Edited by kensei

there is one thing for sure...this 1/60 is gonna burn a big hole in our wallets whether u like it or not...

y cant yamato just improve on 1/48? ...more space for improvement...not like the small scale 1/60...many features have been dropped...

there is one thing for sure...this 1/60 is gonna burn a big hole in our wallets whether u like it or not...

y cant yamato just improve on 1/48? ...more space for improvement...not like the small scale 1/60...many features have been dropped...

One reason is because the 1/48's weren't engineered for the two seat variants. Yes, they can be modified with fan made kits, but I'm guessing it would've cost Yamato more money than they wanted to invest in the 1/48 line. Probably because they knew that they were going to go with 1/60 scale for everything later on down the road. (Especially with the success of the Mac 0 and Mac + valks in 1/60 scale.)

They took the lessons learned from the 1/48's (And even the VF-0's because the nose uses the VF-0's transformation) and are applying them to the new 1/60 line. Yeah, some features were dropped, the nose cone not being removable and no longer having the movable wing flaps, but I can live without those.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

Yeah, some features were dropped, the nose cone not being removable and no longer having the movable wing flaps, but I can live without those.

-Kyp

And these features being gone is what makes me want the new 1/60s more and more. I hate those damn wing flaps.

:ph34r:

Edited by misterryno

The backpack hinge bothers me quite a bit. Also, maybe I'm anal, but I really liked how the 1/48 had one of the Fast Pack holes on the leg close itself when not in use. It makes the fighter mode look better when there's no gaping hole there like on the old 1/60's :(

But other than that, looks great.

The backpack hinge bothers me quite a bit. Also, maybe I'm anal, but I really liked how the 1/48 had one of the Fast Pack holes on the leg close itself when not in use. It makes the fighter mode look better when there's no gaping hole there like on the old 1/60's :(

But other than that, looks great.

Remember, these pics are of the hand painted pre-production sample, NOT the final product. We don't know that the holes won't close up when not in use like the 1/48's yet.

-Kyp

You know what kills me......it's all the complaints.........especially the one about the BP Hinge........I mean.....there's no suggestions out there on how people would like or prefer the hinge to be but there are a hell alot of complaints. First people did'nt like the hinge on the 1/48's and now they don't like the hinge on the new 1/60's. IMO this hinge is going to be better (if it does remain like this) than y'all think. If it works and helps reduce the stress of the BP when the FP's are attached....then what does it really matter. I guess we'll see. :ph34r:

Willl these still be under $100 with shipping?

last i checked it was $87-ish without the shipping but the way the dollar is tumbling, it could end up being even more expensive than anyone could've expected. :mellow:

misterryno,

you posted that like its your first time here, welcome to macrossworld. ;):D

Can’t you people enjoy anything? You can’t even enjoy this place with the constant complaining. I’m starting to come here only to look at the new pics, I can barley stand to read this stuff anymore. There is like 1 positive to every 5 negatives. Nothing will ever be perfect no matter how much it cost and nothing will ever live up to your “standards” so why sit here and pick apart something you are supposed to love? I know a lot of you have been here for a while and can give a crap about what I say but how can complaining be a fun part of the hobby? Its like you were waiting for the pics just to attack.

Can't you people enjoy anything? You can't even enjoy this place with the constant complaining. I'm starting to come here only to look at the new pics, I can barley stand to read this stuff anymore. There is like 1 positive to every 5 negatives. Nothing will ever be perfect no matter how much it cost and nothing will ever live up to your "standards" so why sit here and pick apart something you are supposed to love? I know a lot of you have been here for a while and can give a crap about what I say but how can complaining be a fun part of the hobby? Its like you were waiting for the pics just to attack.

Now who sounds like the newbie DnD??? :D

Can’t you people enjoy anything? You can’t even enjoy this place with the constant complaining. I’m starting to come here only to look at the new pics, I can barley stand to read this stuff anymore. There is like 1 positive to every 5 negatives. Nothing will ever be perfect no matter how much it cost and nothing will ever live up to your “standards” so why sit here and pick apart something you are supposed to love? I know a lot of you have been here for a while and can give a crap about what I say but how can complaining be a fun part of the hobby? Its like you were waiting for the pics just to attack.

Oh, come now. You do realize this is Macross World*, don't you?

* Macross World... where posters wait around until there is even a hint of blood in the water, and then, like sharks, go into a feeding (battying) frenzy... ^_^

if you don't like what you read here, just stop reading, start lurking, or find another macross site. if you didn't notice by now everyone complains about stupid sh!t. the whole internet is about bitchin and moanin about every little thing that bothers them. i have yet to visit one messageboard in my life where people aren't complaining about something. its a fact of life my friend, either get used it or stop visiting messageboards.

this is macrossworld! bitchin and moanin is part of our hertitage. :D

Best looking VF-1 I've ever seen. :o Looks like the arms and legs have been greatly improved over the 1-48, not only in functionality (double jointed elbows? WOO!) but also in proportions. (those hands are VERY nice)

Hopefully the knees will be double jointed so that the Gerwalk mode looks just as good as the VF-0, which has, in my opinion, the best looking Gerwalk mode. Period.

What I DON'T like: VERY thin backpack. Looks deformed..

Hopefully they're below the 100$ price-range. If yes, then my wallet shall cry my a river.

Edited by OmegaD3k

Best looking VF-1 I've ever seen. :o Looks like the arms and legs have been greatly improved over the 1-48, not only in functionality (double jointed elbows? WOO!) but also in proportions. (those hands are VERY nice)

Hopefully the knees will be double jointed so that the Gerwalk mode looks just as good as the VF-0, which has, in my opinion, the best looking Gerwalk mode. Period.

What I DON'T like: VERY thin backpack. Looks deformed..

Hopefully they're below the 100$ price-range. If yes, then my wallet shall cry my a river.

Now see there energon......that is only 1 negative to 2-3 positives. Are you happy now? ^_^

:ph34r:

If people don't bitch and moan about something then nothing ever changes.

Anyone remember the VF-0 Shoulders? :p

Hell, prolly if it weren't for the insane amount of bitching and moaning about the lack of an upgraded VF-1 since Yammy started it's premium 1/60 line of M0 and M+ valks a bit back, would we even have a 1/60 PT VF-1 to be bitching about right now? :p

Edited by Duymon

If people don't bitch and moan about something then nothing ever changes.

Anyone remember the VF-0 Shoulders? :p

Hell, prolly if it weren't for the insane amount of bitching and moaning about the lack of an upgraded VF-1 since Yammy started it's premium 1/60 line of M0 and M+ valks a bit back, would we even have a 1/60 PT VF-1 to be bitching about right now? :p

I'll agree on the shoulders... but the second part.. meh. there's correlation but no evidence of causality. It's like going outside everyday and saying, "it's going to rain." One day you'll be right but you hardly made it rain.

And honestly i could care less about the side covers. I never used them on the 1/48s so the few 1/60s i get it doesnt bother me that i doesnt have them. I find them a bit of a nuisance anyway.

Just pretend you want them then. That way they might include them. I always thought having a gap there was bad visually for robot mode. (not enough to stop me from buying one but it makes enough of a difference to be worth mentioning)

Just as some of you guys have issues with plane modes having stubby noses even though these are planes designed for space combat anyway and chubby FAST packs that spoil the sleek look on top of it. :p

If you don't like the covers then you at least have a choice not to put them on right?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Just pretend you want them then. That way they might include them. I always thought having a gap there was bad visually for robot mode. (not enough to stop me from buying one but it makes enough of a difference to be worth mentioning)

Just as some of you guys have issues with plane modes having stubby noses even though these are planes designed for space combat anyway and chubby FAST packs that spoil the sleek look on top of it. :p

If you don't like the covers then you at least have a choice not to put them on right?

Yes.....please.....if you don't want side covers I understand.....but......PLEASE PLEASE say you do so that we may have a fighting chance of getting them. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE it to have some.

Hrmmm,

Looks alot better than what I thought it would. I may have to get some of these after all. Now what do I do with all my 1/60 version 1's? I guess I will keep them as their value is sure to bottom out and I would have to sell them at a huge loss. Dang this sucks, at least I only have one of each. Oh well, I have grown accustomed to being poor!

It also makes me glad I only got 4 1/48's, my fave pose is battriod and I think I will keep the 1/48's for valk mode.