1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

I still think the 1/48 looks better in fightermode. Sure its arms hangs lower but it also got a better looking and longer nose and moving control surfaces and such details.

Still the 1/60 looks better in Battroid and its got 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

times better hands B))

Am I the only one loving the look of the gerwalk mode? The backpack shape looks perfect.

Also, I posted in-scale comparison pics of fighter modes somewhere in this thread, and the nose of the 1/60 was not really any shorter than the 1/48.

while some of the improvements are good, why the heck would they make the lower fin on the legs hinge?

i'm sure it for the GBP but won't that hinged fin eventually get loose over time? and whats up with the ridiculously oversized red dot on the S head? hope they make it smaller as it draws attention way from the head itself.

while some of the improvements are good, why the heck would they make the lower fin on the legs hinge?

i'm sure it for the GBP but won't that hinged fin eventually get loose over time? and whats up with the ridiculously oversized red dot on the S head? hope they make it smaller as it draws attention way from the head itself.

That is VERY true.....why would they hinge. A hingeing (really a word???) part that small would just be ridicuously stupid for it would just get loose and fall off eventually. And maybe the red dot is from Charger69's sniper rifle :huh:

:ph34r:

Battroid is perfect. Something weird about fighter mode though.

I'd get a 1S and a 1D and be done with the vf-1.

Ok, those two plus a CM Legioss/Tread, the YF-21, a supernova YF-19 and a VF-0D and I could be done with this god forsaken toy addiction... maybe if they ever did them, a VF-4 and a VF-17/171 and a VF-25... F* Macross Frontier <_<

Looks Good! The hands are better, as well as the acuracy on all of the 3 modes. I love the profile with the arms being tucked closer to the belly for a more streamlined look. The photos look very good for a paint master! I wonder if the feet-nozzles are going to be that light blue color??

Magnets for the leg fastpacks perhaps??

Nice!!

I hope Yamato produces the VF-25!

Only thing is it needs GBP side parts as standard: come on yamato.... You know Robot mode is what people will pose this toy in.

Not for me - it's likely to spend as much time in fighter and Gerwalk as it does in battroid should I buy it. It does look rather nice indeed - liking the look of it and the proportions a lot. The only thing stopping me from making a resolution to buy it is that I am asking myself how many Roy-1S's I actually _need_ to own. I've already got two of the 1/48th scale ones (one with FP's and one in "atmospheric" config) and the original 1/60th (totting my GBP armour). Not sure if I'd immediately jump at a fourth.

Now when they come out with the Hikaru -1J I'll be very interested, and it a Max and Millia would be nice just so I can have decent ones in the same scale.

Very nice looking toy though, very nice indeed.

Karl

The hands are NOT the same as the 1/48's! They actually look closer to the HCM's. The new hands do not fold at a diagonal angle, just a right angle, unlike the 1/48, where the lower fingers were folded at a diagonal angle. The hands on this are more straight forward. Notice the tab to help keep the gun in place. The new positioning of the fingers as well as the tab should make the gun connection more sturdy than the original 1/48. Notice the intake covers are either painted or molded inside the intake and viewable from underneath. Pretty nifty. There might be double jointed knees, but the lower knee joint may be obscured and not viewable. The backpack locking mechanism looks better, maybe its just me, but I have a feeling we won't see any BP8 breakages with this toy.

Just wish they were newer pictures, yea half of them are, but I'm talking dengeki hobby 2 page spread showcasing transformation.

GRAHAM: No... but yours do!

CRAAAAAACK!

Rhapsodyred99: AAARGH! Oh god! The humanity!

Oh Y E S s s s s s s s s, *pfap pfap pfap pfap pfap pfap*

:lol: j/k! seriouly not into vore but couldn't resist! You noobs, will pay! :angry: :angry: EXO he keel you too!

Drunk with LOVE!!! :ph34r:

Damn straight.

I like the reference to charger69's sniper dot. :lol: i can see him jumping rood tops, stalking Yamato representatives and picking off shots with his sniper cam. :lol: !!!!!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I like the reference to charger69's sniper dot. :lol: i can see him jumping rood tops, stalking Yamato representatives and picking off shots with his sniper cam. :lol: !!!!!

LMAO :lol::lol::lol: Too funny mate. :ph34r:

To: Anybody in the know

Does anybody know if they've improved the hip joint mechanization from the 1/48? That's the only part of the design that bothers me.

My 1/48 roy does have a herniated hip joint rubber.

Damn, I was so looking for a reson to not like the new 1/60's(I just love the 1/48's that much). But those pics have me sold. :o Those hinged leg flaps should make for a killer GBP armor set.

Ok, my two cents:

I love it in every mode. The nosecone looks just right in shape and length for my tastes. The shape of the canopy (very much like the 1/48's) may have to do with the sliding heatshield that needs to be a bit flat to fit under the chest plate and over the canopy. If that's the case I'm perfectly at peace with it. I would've loved a better concealed head, but then again no VF-1 toy conceals the head completely.

As for battroid, I'm very pleased with the overall proportions, but specially with the "curvier" lower legs. More anime accurate IMO. Besides I always thought the legs on the 1/48 were too flat. I also like the shape of the new backpack in Gerwalk, so I think I'll get quite a few of these, including all the cannon two seaters.

I wasn't holding my breath for a new line of 1/60 VF-1's, as most scale nazis around this boards did, but I must admit that this pics revived my love for the VF-1.

Now the awful waiting for the many variants begins :(

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Generally very nice.

Graham stated tampo prints....i really hope they tampo print EVERYTHING this time inclusive of the NO STEP signs.

Actually i hoped that they made the nose/groin connectors where the legs go to use something like the one for the VF-0 which was very convenient and easy to use. Looks like they still used the same 1/48 style nubs and flap.

Ok.. time for the pick-apart. :) Actually, looks really good so far, will have to wait and see what poses are possible.

I think the reason for the new backpack clip is the scale. I don't care for the design much, but you have to admit that the one on the 1/48 version was tiny, even for something that big. Wouldn't have worked so well to scale that down I think, and you'd run out of room for it in the body.

The intake covers look like they're both molded and painted into the upper surface of the intakes, so nice detail there (much better than the stickers). Personally though, I never have liked the inclusion of the compressor blades as a detail.. looks a little silly with the engine mounted that close to the front of the intake. Only planes I've ever seen that way are the A-10, and assorted airliners. Doesn't work at supersonic speeds.

The canopy profile is a little different from the 1/48.. I think it's a little more rounded over the top, and not so square. Still kind of bulbous, but real canopies are like that anyway.

I think the only difference with the nose is in battroid, since they mounted the hip joint a little lower than the 1/48. The nose looks the same size, just located higher up in battroid mode.

As for the double knees.. I don't want to discount them yet, there's an awful lot of space around those joints. There isn't room for another joint above the visible knee hinge (the piece above the sideways pivot looks solid), but the lower leg could possibly have enough room. I wouldn't count on it, but it may happen.

Anyway, I can see a good sized hunk of income going toward a few of these in the near future, since I never did get my 1/48 Roy. :D

These guys are 100% right though, they should come with side covers... now it bugs the crap out of me. It's a huge gap and that ar connection joint is just hanging there.

Other than that I likes it a lot.