1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

Charger69, Domo Arigato Gozai mas!!!

I love the battroid. I will have to compare in person but from the looks of it I am thinking that I like this battroid more than the 1/48. The 1/48 definitely looks better in fighter mode though. However I preffer the look of this in Gerwalk mode to the 1/48 in Gerwalk. Again, just from the photos here. To know for sure will have to compare in person.

I am really excited about this now.

Now I am thinking it may be time to sell my 1/60 Milia. I just want confirmation that they will do milia in this new line though. But I am definitely keeping my 1/48 milia. Also if there is confirmation on the VF-1D I may have to sell my 1D as well.

There slight changes that have made this a better, but still not PT, VF-1.

I'm just not loving the locking peice for the backpack. Oh well, I guess.

Once Yamato is done taking our money for the second version of the 1/60 VF-1, they will announce a second version of the 1/48 VF-1. This time around, instead of Graham dropping a hint with his sig of "Saturation Penetration," it would read "Non-Lubrication Penetration." :o :o:wacko:

Just noticing that the lower portions of the legs look a little bit thin in battroid but not enough to make me not crave this beauty.

The nose is a bit small in fighter, yes but it looks great in battroid.

The arms just absolutely rock! I love them!

The side covers would be nice. Maybe for the one after the VF-1s Roy.

I want to see the pilot!

For the VF-1S I think it would be incredibly cool to have a TV Roy, TV, Hikaru, a DYRL Roy and a DYRL Hikaru! How absolutely sweet would that be?!!

To add to my insane fantasy, the VF-1D would come with Hikaru in his orange civilian flightsuit and two Minmei's, one for the back seat and one to be held in the hand, of course also come with an extra cockpit/nosecone/fuselage to recreate that scene when Roy saves them.

Would we get that? Could we get that? Doubt it but it would be really nice!

Still like the original 1/60 nose and cockpit better but the rest of the new 1/60 = win!

The original cockpit may have had a better shape but this one I think has a better detailed cockpit inside (at least it seems) and a clearer dome. It is a little bit bulky in shape but I personally prefer it so far for those reasons. Maybe once I have one and compare it I may change my mind!

looks great!

the backpack seems a bit slimmer than its 1/48 counterpart, which is a good thing, but what bothers me (at least a bit) is the backpack lock that can be seen from the front view of the gerwalk picture (picture #4)...wonder if its a separate piece?

charger69, thanks for the pictures. *Looks like the tampo print enthusiasts will be disappointed in this one -- look at all those stickers. At least this time around, the I hope crooked skulls on the v-stabs won't come from the factory.

* edit: Graham states we get tampo printing on the production models.

Edited by Wicked Ace

It looks amazing!

+ Battroid mode looks great because they shortened the nose a bit.

+ The arms are perfect. double jointed elbows!

+ Looks like they used die-cast on the shoulder joints.

+ I see a swing bar in the bottom view so it's deffinetly PT!

+ The legs are nice and long which makes for a beter representation of battroid mode.

+ Looks like they made the backback lock out of die-cast.

- The backpack is too flat

- The nose is a little short for fighter mode but it doesn't bother me too much.

- The knees aren't double jointed.

? Why are there hinges on the little leg flaps? future GBP?

wooo... I'm sold.

but the backpack's kinda off... they could have tapered the top a bit, so it doesn't look like squashed lunchbox, and i'm not too sure that new backpack clip's gonna stay in place. is there a reason they put it there instead of the back collar thingy?

plus the "horse shoes" look weird.

2 out of 10, not bad. considering the 1/48 has its weak points too

HAIL TO THE NEW 1/60, BABY!

Sigh..........................we go through this with every single new toy.

That's a preproduction hand painted sample. They don't do tampo printing on hand painted preproduction samples.

The production version will of course have tampo printing.

And yes it will come with a pilot. The pilot sculpt was not ready and/or not approved when these pics were taken.

And in reply to post #704, NO THE BLOODY LEGS ARE NOT DETACHABLE! next person to ask if they are detachable or removeable gets an instant 1 week ban! What part of perfect transformation to you people not understand, huh?

Graham (who is off the happy pills today)

Not so much they shortened the nose, rather it uses VF-0 type transformation so that the nose doesn't hang down past the knees in battroid mode.

Graham

I see now. The heatshield is a little shorter than the one on the 1/48's and the back of the cockpit is visible just under the chin which means the whole front end moves up into the chest.

Kewl!! ^_^

what's that line that goes through the intake covers?(visible in the underside pic, but not in battroid)

and is it just me, or do the under-wing hard-points look kinda odd? like they are not round anymore?

Edited by RDClip

If they do tv series valks I wonder if they will have bubble hands?

the VF-1D would come with Hikaru in his orange civilian flightsuit and two Minmei's, one for the back seat and one to be held in the hand

Maybe even chuck in a hikaru figure standing upon the shoulder of the vf-1d looking down. So in battroid mode you have him in a "WTF?! it's a robot!" expression. I dunno, the "cola kid" would be pretty good to have too. Haha.

Why is the newer 1/60 VF-1 being treated like it's only just an improvement over the 1/60 original?

It should be compared with the 1/48! Why the f would Yamato bring out a new release VF-1 with removable legs,

non hinge canopy and no 100% don't fix it if it ani't broke swing bar???? Are you people mad?????? crazy talk, just crazy.

/rant over.

charger69, you rule, i think i love you man, you like... wana make out or something? :p:D

New VF-1 WINS! btw guys, the fighter will always look stubby with the LANDING GEAR DOWN.

dante, if it's true there is no new leg bendy feature then i'm ok with it, dissapointed but it isn't as important as

double jointed arms, those joints will revolutionize our posing.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Not so much they shortened the nose, rather it uses VF-0 type transformation so that the nose doesn't hang down past the knees in battroid mode.

Graham

What's wrong with a nosecone that hangs past the knees :lol::lol::p

EDIT----> Sorry Graham......I could'nt help myself.

Edited by misterryno

Why is the newer 1/60 VF-1 being treated like it's only just an improvement over the 1/60 original?

It should be compared with the 1/48! Why the f would Yamato bring out a new release VF-1 with removable legs,

non hinge canopy and no 100% don't fix it if it ani't broke swing bar???? Are you people mad?????? crazy talk, just crazy.

/rant over.

Yes....everyone but you and me and a few others are absolutly CRAZY :ph34r:

charger69, you rule, i think i love you man, you like... wana make out or something? :p:D

Too late......I get to make out with him first.....or.....if he is into more than one MWer at a time...then WOOOOOOO HOOOOO for us :D

dante, if it's true there is no new leg bendy feature then i'm ok with it, dissapointed but it isn't as important as

double jointed arms, those joints will revolutionize our posing.

You are TOTALLY correct mate. Once these bad boys are out the "strike a pose" topic will be OVERLOADED instantly.

:ph34r:

It's just cold out... that's all...

Yes, fear the might of my poses with double jointed elbow thingies.. :ph34r:

You b^tch! I saw him first! :wub: >> Runs towards charger69 with palm upwards girly running motion. <<

*snort* missread Grahams post about non perfect transformation dribble. hahahah ban those fooZ!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I love the way it looks in ALL modes. I don't see any one mode looking better than the other. In fact, I think it looks better overall than the 1/48's...and this is coming from someone who owned a 1/48. And I also think that the fighter mode of this new 1/60 looks just as good and even a little bit better than the 1/48 due to the arms no longer hanging lower than the nacelles.

I'm getting every version that comes out.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

But do its legs come off??

Argh no no not the ban stick! Not the Baaan Stiiick! I was kidding I swear I was kiddddiiinnnnggggg....

I will at least be getting a max/Hik/Millia/Roy, and the VF-1D.

This just looks nice and is in a scale I can safely display and at a price I can afford... any word on fast packs for them? I have not been able to sift through all the pages to find out if it was mentioned.

it looks good but i have yet to see it with FP's so i don't really care. if yamato is going to sell the FP seperately, im just not buying these.

the FP's are small to begin with so it should be cheap, but with yamato oversized packaging its probably going to end up being a rip off.