1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

Wouldn't the 19 seat have to tile forward due to how it transforms? if it tilted back the pilot woud be upside down in battroid mode.

Thats nothing. Check our 19 again; the cockpit is sitting right behind the rear thrusters in battroid, so no matter which way he's tilting he's ina place that makes the thrusters not work.

but moving on:

Ruski, Im with Myria; It's not that i can tsell them, I just havent tried. I have the VT-102 and the Max 1A.

The YF/VF-19 Battroid back thrusters could be ducted from behind the cockpit somewhere. Whether that means there's a third fusion engine or if it's ducted all the way from the legs (and given the size of the plume seems like it's necessary) is another story...

As far as the seat thing, it would also would have to rotate for "real" on the 19, as it does for the VF-1 but doubt it will in the toy.

Actually, SK put a lot of thought in to the design of the 19. Everyone knows that the 19 has a full view of the environment when in the cockpit. At first I ridiculed the fact that their were displays under the feet. Then I relaized that those displays come forward and front in battroid. Clever. They weren't there just for looks.

vinnie

If the 19 couldn't have the fancy seat like the VF-0's than i seriously doubt the new VF-1's will. :p

I'd prefer that it not have the fancy seat. That leaves an ugly gap behind the VF-0 seat that the YF-19 and 1/48 VF-1 don't have.

And leather seatbelts, dont forget them cool.gif . Im too lazy to read through 33 or so pages of madness, what are the known facts about this new 1/60 VF-1 (does it have retracting engine covers)?

Perfect variable

no moving flaps or removable nosecone to expose radar

double jointed elbows

nose transformation similar to VF-0

less than $100

arms hidden better in fighter mode than on 1/48 resulting in sleeker underside yet maintaining good clearance between ground and gunpod

non splitting thrusters within feet

bigger arms and hands in proportion to body than the 1/48(aka no more chicken hands)

The thing some of us are trying to figure out, is whether it also has double jointed knees

Perfect variable

no moving flaps or removable nosecone to expose radar

double jointed elbows

nose transformation similar to VF-0

less than $100

arms hidden better in fighter mode than on 1/48 resulting in sleeker underside yet maintaining good clearance between ground and gunpod

non splitting thrusters within feet

bigger arms and hands in proportion to body than the 1/48(aka no more chicken hands)

The thing some of us are trying to figure out, is whether it also has double jointed knees

Don't forget the smarter seam-hiding for the VF-1S head... :-)

Don't forget the smarter seam-hiding for the VF-1S head... :-)

That too! I'm already set on buying this, but double jointed knees would be icing on the cake. If its there, it would be the most poseable VF-1 released yet. If it has tailhooks, and wings that can sweep back in battroid mode while still holding the missles on, then it will be even better(only the HCM could do this)! That would destroy any desire for me to own the vintage HCM.

Wait'a minute....

It's going to be UNDER 100 USD????

How is that even possible?

I mean - the VF Zeros are also 1:60 scale and they are over 100 USD...

Did Yamato radically improve production methods? Did they discover new technological wonders? Did they find new ways to cut costs?

VFTF1

Wait'a minute....

Did Yamato radically improve production methods? Did they discover new technological wonders? Did they find new ways to cut costs?

VFTF1

i hope this post is sarcastic....

Wait'a minute....

VFTF1

It's more expensive than the old 1/60 VF-1's by almost $20! :rolleyes:

Edited by soze

Wait'a minute....

VFTF1

The VF-0 is [---------------------------------------------------------------------] this big

The VF-1 is [----------------------------------] this big

Give or take an inch that is :lol:

It's more expensive than the old 1/60 VF-1's by almost $20! :rolleyes:

Well let's see, it's perfect transformation, has all the 1/48 gimmicks with the exception of the removable nose cone and movable wing flaps.

Secondly, it looks far, far better than the original 1/60 VF1 series in all 3 modes, and finally, it has something that even the 1/48's never had nor ever will :

It's been engineered from the start for two seater variants. Which means that we will finally have a perfect transformation 1/60 line with all the important 1/48 line improvements that will be in scale with the newer 1/60 Mac 0 and Mac+ Valks.

I'd say the $20 price hike is more than justified, but that's just me. :rolleyes:

-Kyp

I tried to scroll back thru the prev posts, so forgive me if I'm still misinformed--but it still looks like you have to remove the legs in order to transform this new 1/60. And it appears to have inherited the "oversized canopy" from the 1/48 design.

Meh, I still covet the 1/48's. For me, even with their small imperfections--when it comes to VF-1's--the bigger, the better. I'm still jonesin' to someday complete my "Skull Squadron" with VF-1A's: Max, Hikaru and Kakizaki.

Well let's see, it's perfect transformation, has all the 1/48 gimmicks with the exception of the removable nose cone and movable wing flaps.

Secondly, it looks far, far better than the original 1/60 VF1 series in all 3 modes, and finally, it has something that even the 1/48's never had nor ever will :

It's been engineered from the start for two seater variants. Which means that we will finally have a perfect transformation 1/60 line with all the important 1/48 line improvements that will be in scale with the newer 1/60 Mac 0 and Mac+ Valks.

I'd say the $20 price hike is more than justified, but that's just me. :rolleyes:

-Kyp

I was sarcastically responding to the guy that asked why Yamato would make the new 1/60's cheaper than the 1/60 Macross Zero stuff. I know the price is justified. B))