1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

Hey, I'd GLADLY pay $125 to have everything all at once. And at that price, I'd still get everyone they come out with, even if it means that some will never be taken out of their boxes due to lack of display space! :p

-Kyp

Now don't go raising the price. Giving Yamato ideas on how to take MORE of out money :p

It's good that the 1/60 is being redone. I liked the smaller size of 1.60 but just couldn't bring myself to buy one on the basis that it wasn't a PT toy.

But now that these are like "1/48 juniors" :D they will be hard to resist even for those who say they are sick of vf-1.

Actually because of the smaller size it wil mean you can buy more of the bland valks like the cannon fodder and create a display with more valks on a shelf at once. Perhaps have all combinations at once: 1s super and strike, naked valks, and gbp.

1/48 are like what the MP line of transformers are to the alternators. MP will look better upclose with all the moving parts and gimmicks (cockpit details, missiles that come out) as well as seem more realistic in fine details (the head lasers?) like a model, while the alts are something yu can play with and do those barrel rolls. These two scales in a way complement each other.

So when they make me a 1/60 destroid and glaug (come on yamato) I can include a few valks in the background too. Can't do it with the 1/48 since people would never buy the larger scales of more simple looking mecha that (due to their lack of detail) don't require a big size to capture the small details.

What is a real shame is how they never made the improvements to the hand for the 1/48 which really needed it. Big size should mean more effort to put in details. The yamato votoms is a good example.

1/48 = display toy

1/60 = play with them and pose them without worrying about snapping fine pieces off or losing something.

Where is my alaska base green valk? I agree with the people who like the tv series valks: they are a part of Space War I "history" and like the red zeon Zaku that Char uses in the gundam universe in the One Year War, the Blue and Red ace pilot valks that max and milia ride in are *iconic characters many times more notable to war historians than the average grunt in his realistic mecha who gets shot down easily.

Yeah I will be there when a Lowvis comes out, but tv series schemes have their place in a display just as much as the DYRL stuff and non-cartoony, non-canon, military schemes.

And anyway the tv series has stuff in it that wasn't in the movie: hikaru rescuing minmay in the bright orange high-vis 1D, and almost crushing her with it, more battles with glaugs and regult that is missed from the movie, (ie hikaru fighting kamjin one to one) different looking FAST packs that completists may want to get. These are scenes fans may want to recreate in the 1/60 scale who don't have patience to mod or customise their toys. Almost as important as the missed scenes in the macross plus Movie edition; like the opening rogue zentradi fight, that were there in the macross plus OVA which fans can still appreciate.

*keep in mind that even though macross 7 uses the DYRL style, note the obvious nod to the SDF:M tv series designs when miria brings out her tv series flashy red VF-1? TV series valks still live on even after the first space war right alongside the tentacled exedor and vf-22 without brainwaves. "Old" doesn't always mean it doesn't exist anymore. You can clearly see miria's tv-style flightsuit was still around too, so it's not like the tv series and movie design can't both co-exist in the same universe. (miria's more of a MILF in the old flightsuit anyway :D)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Now don't go raising the price. Giving Yamato ideas on how to take MORE of out money :p

You got it backward. We want Yamato to make as much money as possible. That will cause prices to come dow and better/different lines to be produced.

If they raise the price, less people will buy. If the price is less, more people will buy. You can't make sales without people buying.

This is what I have been thinking. :ph34r:

If they raise the price, less people will buy. If the price is less, more people will buy. You can't make sales without people buying.

Precisely, I'll buy a ton if the price is reasonable. If the price is even just slightly beyond reasonable, I'll probably only get one.

Anyone know what the MSRP will be??

And how many of you are going to dump your "old" non-perfect transforming 1/60 Vf-1 valks on eBay??

:lol: :lol:

Read the last line in my sig...you'll start seeing a lot of them on Evilbay when these bad boys start coming out in full force. :p

-Kyp

Another good thing is if parts do break, or you feel something is beyond repair, because the toys are more common/numerous/cheaper, finding replacement pieces will be easier.

With masterpieces/large expensive stuff, it's less common, so finding some spare part is going to be harder therefore it leads to you being more 'careful' playing around with it. People might want something smaller, less risky to handle, so even if you own a 1/48, having a 1/60 crammed with detail and easy to transform is still a good idea. You could probably feel safe doing more risky poses with smaller toys too. I never pose my 1/48 in anything but a standing battroid pose most of the time because of the heavy fast pack. You don't want to weaken or loosen a joint, or have some part (like missiles) fall off while handling it. And when it falls to the floor all these little micromissiles and stuff go everywhere. Just the stress of touching bigger stuff and getting it to stand in just the right pose without it crashing down, is what makes them unappealing to fans of smaller toys I think.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Read the last line in my sig...you'll start seeing a lot of them on Evilbay when these bad boys start coming out in full force. :p

-Kyp

Based on what they're going for now, when the new 1/60s come out, we might be able to pick up the old ones for $15 :lol:

frankly speaking, I personally do not see any reason to sell the old 1/60. I'm not going to sell mine that's for sure. it's true that the floppy legs make them difficult to pose. but they're pretty steady and great looking in gerwalk and fighter mode. so just buy the new 1/60 and display in battroid mode, and then the old 1/60 in gerwalk or fighter mode. then u can have all 3 modes for display.

frankly speaking, I personally do not see any reason to sell the old 1/60. I'm not going to sell mine that's for sure. it's true that the floppy legs make them difficult to pose. but they're pretty steady and great looking in gerwalk and fighter mode. so just buy the new 1/60 and display in battroid mode, and then the old 1/60 in gerwalk or fighter mode. then u can have all 3 modes for display.

I agree. I am keeping all of my 1/60 vf-1 s. I also have some sort of fetish for die cast. I think it is something to do with my collecting transforming robots in the 1980s when I was a kid, when a lot of them were partially die cast and of course the original takatoku and Bandai valks. I will get some of the new 1/60 to pose in battroid too.

Which ones couldn't you sell?

I do not know if you are asking me or Scream Man but for me it is the Ostrich, the Elintseeker, the VF-1D and the Milia 1J.

EDIT: wouldn't sell.

Edited by miriya

Sorry miriya, i meant Scream Man, but wow, you couldn't sell the two seaters? Figured they would be the easiest, but what else did you have to sell in the first place?

I only have the VT-1, and have no intention of selling. Doubt i'd get much anyways. But now would be the time to do it, perhaps word hasn't gotten around properly yet...

Sorry miriya, i meant Scream Man, but wow, you couldn't sell the two seaters? Figured they would be the easiest, but what else did you have to sell in the first place?

I only have the VT-1, and have no intention of selling. Doubt i'd get much anyways. But now would be the time to do it, perhaps word hasn't gotten around properly yet...

I am sorry, What I mean is that I wouldnt sell these. In other words I couldnt part with them. As in I want to keep them. My misunderstanding.

seriously, why sell the old 1/60? especially those who only have 1 piece each. They are smaller than the 1/48, so they are going to take up less space if you want to display your valks in 3 different modes. Finally you can do it. With the correct display stand, you can actually squeeze in more toys in a limited space then you think.

1/48 for display in battroid.

old 1/60 for display in gerwalk/fighter

new 1/60 for display in fighter/gerwalk.

perfect solution.

also, space is always a concern for collectors. you are either already facing the problem, or going to face it sooner or later. even without the new 1/60.

i figured i can finally send my old 1/60 on a tour of duty. my office!

with the new 1/60's i can have a 'stunt' VF-1 that i can take anywhere!

...maybe not. with the advent of 'instant classic/instant junk' , turning the old 1/60 into a 'stunt' toy might need some careful thought.

one could hope, I was hoping it would be like the line art transformation in the gold book. but what other gimmicks would it have that would make it worth buying since we've exhausted our cash for the 1/48 line.

I'm under the impression that the hands fold back in like on the 1/48 VF-1. I'd also figure that the intake covers are removeable/snap in place, like everything since the 1/48 VF-1.

I was going to say: "Maybe it has the seat tilting feature introduced in the VF-0." But upon closer inspection of the sideview picture it doesn't look like there's room to tilt that seat.

Double jointed knees like the VF-0 maybe?

maybe it has better clearance between the hips & wings in battroid? maybe gundam poseability?

offhand, i'm guessing the new stuff's gonna be little things in the VF-0 that the 1/48 doesn't have, retracting backpack nozzles, (better) extending antenna, & a POM/diecast BP8 part?

the CAD looks like it does have double-jointed knees too. and what looks like proof of the retracting nose section.

look at the collar under the chin. last time i checked, only Hasegawa battroids had collars. awesome!

I don't think the -19 seat is supposed to tilt back like the VF-1 "fancy" seat.

Wouldn't the 19 seat have to tile forward due to how it transforms? if it tilted back the pilot woud be upside down in battroid mode.

Edited by Busted VF1A