1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

They should be the same as scale is scale.

But the thing that weirds me out is that the VF-1's are actually that smal and it doesn't seem right at all as real planes are freaking huge. I guess the zero's addressed the scale issue as the redesign of the VF-1. Now we'll see what size the pilots are going to be. LOL.

Your right.....if it's a 1/60 and the new VF-0's are that big......the VF-1's should be that big too.....or maybe just a tiny bit smaller.....no the same size as the old ones. :ph34r:

Your right.....if it's a 1/60 and the new VF-0's are that big......the VF-1's should be that big too.....or maybe just a tiny bit smaller.....no the same size as the old ones. :ph34r:

:lol:

being that they are the same scale and same model, i'm gonna take a wild guess and say that the new 1/60 VF-1 will be the same size as the old 1/60 VF-1. :D

Yeah, but check this out.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/y...tcomparison.jpg

WTF? 1/55 to 1/60. I know the old chunkies are way wrong in every way possible but 5% diff equals that? Wish I can look at a real VF to verify scale LOL. I guess we'll have to take Yamato's word for it.

What really wouldn't seem right is how big a Mospeada Legioss would be at 1/60 scale. It would make the VF-1 seem LARGE. The idea back in the 80s, amongst certain designers at least, was that with technology came the ability to make everything we have now much smaller and much better simultaneously. It seems that Macross kind of started in that direction before swinging back the opposite way to "bigger is better"

:lol:

being that they are the same scale and same model, i'm gonna take a wild guess and say that the new 1/60 VF-1 will be the same size as the old 1/60 VF-1. :D

. . . unless SK decides to tweak the size a little, like in the case of the 1/72 (1/6x) scale VF-11. :mellow:

WTF? 1/55 to 1/60. I know the old chunkies are way wrong in every way possible but 5% diff equals that? Wish I can look at a real VF to verify scale LOL. I guess we'll have to take Yamato's word for it.

Yes we need a real VF-1 to compare. I am okay with that. And the chunkies are NOT way wrong damn you lol...I LOVE THE CHUNKY MONKEY I LOVE THE CHUNKY MONKEY I LOVE THE CHUNKY MONKEY I LOVE THE CHUNKY MONKEY I LOVE THE CHUNKY MONKEY I LOVE THE CHUNKY MONKEY I LOVE THE CHUNKY MONKEY I LOVE THE CHUNKY MONKEY I LOVE THE CHUNKY MONKEY I LOVE THE CHUNKY MONKEY I LOVE THE CHUNKY MONKEY I LOVE THE CHUNKY MONKEY I LOVE THE CHUNKY MONKEY I LOVE THE CHUNKY MONKEY I LOVE THE CHUNKY MONKEY I LOVE THE CHUNKY MONKEY I LOVE THE CHUNKY MONKEY I LOVE THE CHUNKY MONKEY.......I just hope that they are at least as big as the chunky monkey or the VF-0 size will be okay too. I LOVE THE CHUNKY MONKEY

What really wouldn't seem right is how big a Mospeada Legioss would be at 1/60 scale. It would make the VF-1 seem LARGE. The idea back in the 80s, amongst certain designers at least, was that with technology came the ability to make everything we have now much smaller and much better simultaneously. It seems that Macross kind of started in that direction before swinging back the opposite way to "bigger is better"

Have you seen the PS2 vs. the PS3? LOL. It defenitely did not get smaller as technology grew.

Edited by nghia59

Well in that picture, the 1/60 is standing with spread legs, shortening the height a little bit. The other two can't even spread their legs, and why does that sound so wrong? :p

the funny thing is scale changes all the time...

i.e. if a girl is 5'6", and she has B size breasts, they wouldn't be big but they would be in scale to her frame.

but if a girl was 6' tall and had the same B size breasts, they would look tiny and not in scale to her frame.

whats my point? nothing other than i prefer size over scale. :D

i.e. if a girl is 5'6", and she has B size breasts, they wouldn't be big but they would be in scale to her frame.

but if a girl was 6' tall and had the same B size breasts, they would look tiny and not in scale to her frame.

Well, as long as you don't sprain a thumb handling said valk/breast, size rulz over scale... :rolleyes:

*head explodes*

And DND, thanks...now every time I look at woman I'm going to wonder to myself if her breasts are in scale with her body. :D

Just run around with a rubber stamp the reads "1/60". Tag 'em when you see 'em.

boys boys boys.

Finger painting.

Nuff said.

To return to the topic at hand, while i know the VF-1 will be smaller and thus cost less, Inm surprised that Yamato didnt jack the cost back up by including a stand and maybe FAST Packs right off the cuff. i mean Id pay an extra few dollars to have it all in one conveniant package....

Good form DnD Good form! :D

boys boys boys.

Finger painting.

Nuff said.

To return to the topic at hand, while i know the VF-1 will be smaller and thus cost less, Inm surprised that Yamato didnt jack the cost back up by including a stand and maybe FAST Packs right off the cuff. i mean Id pay an extra few dollars to have it all in one conveniant package....

Love to have it all in one pack, but i guess they will want to bring the FP/Stirke set as a standalone...

But for special releases like Max and Millia (1J's) and the VT-1 and VE-1 they will HAVE to have their FP's/Parts included coz they are special.

All the rest i'd doubt they would have Super or Strike parts bundled together. But we could dream.

WHAT I WANT IS A BETTER BOX SET-UP AND FIRE THAT LAZY BOX ART DESIGNER AND BRING BACK THE OLD DESIGNER WHO DID THE ORIGINAL 1/60 VF-1 BOX ART. THAT MAN KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING!!! THEY LOOKED AWESOME! PLEASE??!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Love to have it all in one pack, but i guess they will want to bring the FP/Stirke set as a standalone...

But for special releases like Max and Millia (1J's) and the VT-1 and VE-1 they will HAVE to have their FP's/Parts included coz they are special.

All the rest i'd doubt they would have Super or Strike parts bundled together. But we could dream.

WHAT I WANT IS A BETTER BOX SET-UP AND FIRE THAT LAZY BOX ART DESIGNER AND BRING BACK THE OLD DESIGNER WHO DID THE ORIGINAL 1/60 VF-1 BOX ART. THAT MAN KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING!!! THEY LOOKED AWESOME! PLEASE??!

while releasing the FPs seperately would follow in yamatos previous footsteps, do you know how small a 1/60 scale FP kit would be? its pretty tiny, theres not much to it, and i doubt they'd be able to cram in the details of the 1/48 FP kit. for its size, i don't think they'd even want to bother creating box art for it, let alone seperate packaging.

my hopes are they'll release every valk with the FPs as they could up the price and guarantee sales of the FP kits instead of hoping they sell individually for whatever ridiculous asking price they come up with.

its been repeatedly stated(like over 20 times now) that these will be about 10000 yen(straight from yamato's site) which is less than $100. i even put it in my sig. ;)

Is that with or without FP's?

Is that with or without FP's?

it didn't say on the yamato site and graham didn't mention it.

i'm sure when graham gets clearance or it shows up in a magazine, we'll all be informed. :)

this is macrossworld after all and all the late breaking news comes through here first! B))

If they go for that much with FAST packs, I'll be much more inclined to attempt at nabbing as much of the line as I can. Without...well, yeah. A couple here and there maybe. Possibly just one or two to display along with my other 1/60 Valkyries.

How much did the first 1/60 VF-1 toys go for? I recall picking them up my DYRL Max 1A for about $60.

If they go for that much with FAST packs, I'll be much more inclined to attempt at nabbing as much of the line as I can. Without...well, yeah. A couple here and there maybe. Possibly just one or two to display along with my other 1/60 Valkyries.

How much did the first 1/60 VF-1 toys go for? I recall picking them up my DYRL Max 1A for about $60.

I am totally down for them coming with FP's as well as one coming with GBP armor (I have seen this one the old ones). Now if a non-FP 1/60 (a new one) went for $60. I sure the hell would get a few.

i'm hoping they'll package 'em with the FP's.

it would make more sense to just include FP's with the ones that should have 'em. just like the Max & Milla.

everybody knows DYRL 1S' come with strike packs, so just sell 'em as Strike Valks. right?

imagine if they sold the FP's separate, would you really shell out the 'traditional' 6000 yen on a box of parts half the size of the original FP set? ...box size debatable :lol:

How much did the first 1/60 VF-1 toys go for?

6,800 yen

imagine if they sold the FP's separate, would you really shell out the 'traditional' 6000 yen on a box of parts half the size of the original FP set?

Being that the original 1/48 FP set was 6,400 yen give or take, its doubtful that the price for new FP's would be what you would call "traditional". More like "half the price".

6,800 yen

Heh thanks for the price in yen, right after I posted I was thinking the higher price might be due to the deflating dollar, but no it really is a jump. I really hope they come with FAST packs.

while releasing the FPs seperately would follow in yamatos previous footsteps, do you know how small a 1/60 scale FP kit would be? its pretty tiny, theres not much to it, and i doubt they'd be able to cram in the details of the 1/48 FP kit. for its size, i don't think they'd even want to bother creating box art for it, let alone seperate packaging.

my hopes are they'll release every valk with the FPs as they could up the price and guarantee sales of the FP kits instead of hoping they sell individually for whatever ridiculous asking price they come up with.

Just box art for the VF-1's, not box art for the FP's... :p but if they reduce the size of the box by a third (comparing to the old VF-1 1/60 boxes, i'd be happy with a lack of box art.... but still!

Just box art for the VF-1's, not box art for the FP's... :p but if they reduce the size of the box by a third (comparing to the old VF-1 1/60 boxes, i'd be happy with a lack of box art.... but still!

Along with the boxes being smaller they should seal them too ^_^ I know I know...this has all been discussed. But, DAMN....just get your heads out of your arsses and do it already YAMATO.

Edited by misterryno

I couldn't give two good shits whether or not the damn things come in a plain cardboard box. I collect what's inside, not the art work on the box itself. ;) However, I know that many of you feel differently.

And I am very positive that they're gonna do these the exact same way as before. Release some non FP, release the FP gift set versions, and for those who didn't get the FP version, have separate FP's for sale. As far as I know, that's the way they've always done it, and I seriously doubt they're going to change any time soon.

I think the only difference we're going to see here is that they're going to complete the VF-1 line up this time with the release of the two seaters. And...I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we seen some non-cannon colored two seaters here and there as well. ;)

I'll tell you this, if they make a Low Vis 1, I'm getting at least two or three. One for me, and the other one or two for Evilbay in 3 years! :p

-Kyp

6,800 yen

Being that the original 1/48 FP set was 6,400 yen give or take, its doubtful that the price for new FP's would be what you would call "traditional". More like "half the price".

yeah, the new FP set might be cheaper, but remember the fold booster set.

that's about the same amount of plastic we're gonna see with the new FP's, and yamato priced them at about 6k Yen.

on average, they've charged 6k Yen on accessory sets regardless of size, so that's what worries me.

(possibly) less plastic, same disproportionate hefty price tag. :(

as for box art... they could do what Marui does. clean & classy ;)

yeah, the new FP set might be cheaper, but remember the fold booster set.

that's about the same amount of plastic we're gonna see with the new FP's, and yamato priced them at about 6k Yen.

on average, they've charged 6k Yen on accessory sets regardless of size, so that's what worries me.

(possibly) less plastic, same disproportionate hefty price tag. :(

as for box art... they could do what Marui does. clean & classy ;)

fold boosters had electronics... plus inflation...totally different.

I remember when the 1/48s came out they were the same price tag. Less than $100. So if inflation is proportionate to the amount of material used in the 2 scales, I think it's gonna be the same price tag for the FPs. $60 - $75

fold boosters had electronics... plus inflation...totally different.

I remember when the 1/48s came out they were the same price tag. Less than $100. So if inflation is proportionate to the amount of material used in the 2 scales, I think it's gonna be the same price tag for the FPs. $60 - $75

fair enough. i'd forgotten about the LED's :lol:

but still, the possibility of $60+ for FP's almost half the size of the 1/48's & without electronics? that's madness!!!

...and that's why i want these packaged with the FP's, so i'll forget how much the extra parts really cost :lol:

I couldn't give two good shits whether or not the damn things come in a plain cardboard box. I collect what's inside, not the art work on the box itself. ;) However, I know that many of you feel differently.

And I am very positive that they're gonna do these the exact same way as before. Release some non FP, release the FP gift set versions, and for those who didn't get the FP version, have separate FP's for sale. As far as I know, that's the way they've always done it, and I seriously doubt they're going to change any time soon.

I think the only difference we're going to see here is that they're going to complete the VF-1 line up this time with the release of the two seaters. And...I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we seen some non-cannon colored two seaters here and there as well. ;)

I'll tell you this, if they make a Low Vis 1, I'm getting at least two or three. One for me, and the other one or two for Evilbay in 3 years! :p

-Kyp

They WILL make a LOW-VIS 1 TWO SEATER! :D awesomeeeee... wouldn't it be. :D

If it was not for the trend of giving us stands, all the FPs and missile packs that started with the SV-51 and seems to be continuing with the YF-21 I'd agree with you. But with all the accessories they've been loading those two bad boys down with on their 1st release I am hoping that the next VF-1 will come with all its goodies the 1st time out as well. I'd be willing to pay a little over 100 to get all the missiles, FPs, and a really nice stand in one release.

If it was not for the trend of giving us stands, all the FPs and missile packs that started with the SV-51 and seems to be continuing with the YF-21 I'd agree with you. But with all the accessories they've been loading those two bad boys down with on their 1st release I am hoping that the next VF-1 will come with all its goodies the 1st time out as well. I'd be willing to pay a little over 100 to get all the missiles, FPs, and a really nice stand in one release.

Hey, I'd GLADLY pay $125 to have everything all at once. And at that price, I'd still get everyone they come out with, even if it means that some will never be taken out of their boxes due to lack of display space! :p

-Kyp