1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

Wow! I was so busy moving and then the holidays, and now I come back and find out about a whole new PT VF-1 line.

I didn't supported those who demanded for a new 1/60 VF-1 line, because I knew that if Yamato did a good job on those I'd have to buy the whole line. I don't own a VF-1 line, just a couple of Valks from various manufacturers, but I always wanted a perfect transformation Elint and Super Ostrich, so I'm afraid I'll have to add these to my already long wish list. The good news is that I don't own any of the previous 1/60 VF-1's, so it's not like I'm buying the same toy again.

I have a question for Graham tho': Since Yamato has already designed the two seaters and they will focus on the DYRL versions (as always), and given that the VF-1D has a different canopy from the Super and Elint, does that mean we won't see that one on this line also? Or will Yamato just repaint a DYRL two seater as a VF-1D down the road? I'm asking this because I've always had a soft spot for the 1D.

My guess is that for the 1D, all Yamato will be doing is 1) make a different canopy, 2) new heatshield, 3) new head. Everything else about the 1D is the same as the rest of the single seater VF-1s. If Yamato went with the same body as a VE/VT-1 it wouldn't be a VF-1 at all, and we'd pitchfork them for it. :p

If these 1/60 can pose like Gundam Perfect grades, then I'd buy them. Movable/Bendable hip joints would be good too.

Everyone would buy them if that's the case, BUT there is no way they would be like Perfect grade, I don't even think they will be as poseable as Master Grades. I am happy if they are poseable like the GFF's or better yet like HCM Pros, I am hoping for better hands, like moveable fingers would be great and hopefully the legs are fixed up and won't be limited to hitting the back of the wings.

Everyone would buy them if that's the case, BUT there is no way they would be like Perfect grade, I don't even think they will be as poseable as Master Grades. I am happy if they are poseable like the GFF's or better yet like HCM Pros, I am hoping for better hands, like moveable fingers would be great and hopefully the legs are fixed up and won't be limited to hitting the back of the wings.

I cannot agree with you on the movable fingers :p but if they came with posed TV hands that would be SWEET!!!

My guess is that for the 1D, all Yamato will be doing is 1) make a different canopy, 2) new heatshield, 3) new head. Everything else about the 1D is the same as the rest of the single seater VF-1s. If Yamato went with the same body as a VE/VT-1 it wouldn't be a VF-1 at all, and we'd pitchfork them for it. :p

There are a few more differences. The whole nose/forward fuselage assembly differs in length and proportion, as does the chestplate, back hatch, and backplate, in addition to what you mention.

I want to see a VF-1D before the ELINT and Super O, though I'd buy those too. The VF-1D would make an excellent toy, and it is memorable. It would make an excellent choice as a low viz. Me personally, I don't want a low viz based on the 1/48, I want a low viz scheme that is Tomcat based this time around(the 1/48 low viz was based on an F-15 Eagle low viz scheme).

For a high viz valk, I want a tiger meet version.

Also, I had no idea the TV and DYRL VF-1A heads were different. No wonder the VF-1A looked bad ass in DYRL!(I've always thought that DYRL made the VF-1A bad ass, its a beaut in it!)

f'n just release them all! I dont care what comes first or last... I just want to enjoy these by the time I fricken retire... haha. Actually they did really well releasing the 1/48s. If they had the 2 seaters in mind then we woulda had them by now. To think that in that span of time since they released it to now, I'm still trying to catch up.

But yeah... mix it up a bit... don't bore us with the same old pattern... 1 seater then 2... then 1... then 2.

And I dont think the TV Max and Kakizaki are boring... considering most real jets are mostly one color... and it's grey. <insert rolly eyed smiley here!>

I want to see a VF-1D before the ELINT and Super O, though I'd buy those too. The VF-1D would make an excellent toy, and it is memorable. It would make an excellent choice as a low viz. Me personally, I don't want a low viz based on the 1/48, I want a low viz scheme that is Tomcat based this time around(the 1/48 low viz was based on an F-15 Eagle low viz scheme).

For a high viz valk, I want a tiger meet version.

Also, I had no idea the TV and DYRL VF-1A heads were different. No wonder the VF-1A looked bad ass in DYRL!(I've always thought that DYRL made the VF-1A bad ass, its a beaut in it!)

you know everytime I post after you, I read that link on your sig and I keep thinking it says "HIS STANK dot COM". haha!

you know everytime I post after you, I read that link on your sig and I keep thinking it says "HIS STANK dot COM". haha!

The joe fans here wuv teh hisstank!

and I dont think the TV Max and Kakizaki are boring

Yep they are important, well Max is, Kakizaki isn't. I'm surprised the guy even got a 1/48 DYRL release, considering he was barely in the movie.

OOOOOO I just thought about it, with the double jointed elbows, the new 1/60 should be able to replicate Max's pose after he had just gunned Milia down. I hope this has double jointed knees too.

12 Steps:

1. Anger (WTF? Another line of 1/60s?)

2. Sadness (What am I gonna do with the old ones)

3. Obsession (Keep looking at pics)

4. Ebay (Looking thru collection to see what you can sell)

5. Indecision (Do I really need these?)

6. Back to Anger (Dammit! Why'd they have to make these?)

7. Denial (What new 1/60s? I don't see a thread about them...)

8. Interest (Well they do look kinda cool...)

9. Warming to idea (Maybe if I just get one...)

10. Acceptance (I'll buy 4 of 1st release, one for each mode and MISB)

11. Purchase (Pre-orders early bird)

12. Back to Anger (Man this canopy is too bubbly)

not to mention the 13th stage... Deficit...

Man, I'm already at about step 10.

I feel like the fat girl crying in the shower while eating donuts.

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

The joe fans here wuv teh hisstank!

I know what a hiss tank is... but it just reads wrong... ;)

Man, I'm already at about step 10.

I feel like the fat girl crying in the shower while eating donuts.

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

HAHA... glazed baby... just let me hear SOOEEY! one more time and I give you back the skull leader...

12 Steps:

1. Anger (WTF? Another line of 1/60s?)

2. Sadness (What am I gonna do with the old ones)

3. Obsession (Keep looking at pics)

4. Ebay (Looking thru collection to see what you can sell)

5. Indecision (Do I really need these?)

6. Back to Anger (Dammit! Why'd they have to make these?)

7. Denial (What new 1/60s? I don't see a thread about them...)

8. Interest (Well they do look kinda cool...)

9. Warming to idea (Maybe if I just get one...)

10. Acceptance (I'll buy 4 of 1st release, one for each mode and MISB)

11. Purchase (Pre-orders early bird)

12. Back to Anger (Man this canopy is too bubbly)

not to mention the 13th stage... Deficit...

definitly didn't go through step 1, 5, 6, 7, 8 or nine. I've been wanting a updated 1/60th VF-1 for a while now. My only problem is what to do with my crappy 1/60ths. Of all the things to survive the fire that wiped out most of my collection 2 years ago.

Steps 3 & 11 are me, straight up. I've been wanting perfect transforming 1/60 VF-1's ever since Yamato's 1/60 VF-0's. It became apparent that Yamato had finally chose the 1/60 scale and was sticking to it.

So for me, there's no hesitation or second guessing this. If they keep these around $100 a whack I'm getting every Goddamned VF-1 they come out with. Cannon, non-cannon, I'll take them all with a smile on my face and an forver empty wallet in my pocket.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

I just hope that its cheapest of the 1/60s that have been coming out so far.

I as well...but we all know.....no matter how much they are.....people here will still buy them up like hot cakes...okay like "oh my god......I can't believe how cool it is".......what I'm saying, is that Yamato is going to make a killing..... :ph34r:

I have been one of the few people always against a new 1/60th line and still kind of am. I am not going to buy a lot and i love my 1/48s more than what i have seen here. But i will only buy the ones they didn't make as 1/48s, like two seaters and if they every make the vermillions squadron VF-1A colors. Other than that i am not that excited by them. Actually more disappointed i feel that it was a waste for me to shell out my life saving on valks only for them to be reissued in the original size for a cheaper prices. Oh well. I should also finally get a Q-Rau soon before people start lookking for those to go with their valks.

I am not happy they are making the 1/60th better than the 1/48th, but i wont sell my 1/48, will be buying special 1/60 such as a low vis if they make it!!!! But still, i want all my valks to be same size (i dont care about consistencies), and the only toy i have that is nice, but smaller is my starscream and my master grade models (if you notice, they are sorta same size as 1/60 vf-1). Stuff like MP Optimus and Megatron, as well as 1/60th vf-0 and yf-19 all go well with the 1/48th vf-1 on the shelf.

I am not happy they are making the 1/60th better than the 1/48th, but i wont sell my 1/48, will be buying special 1/60 such as a low vis if they make it!!!! But still, i want all my valks to be same size (i dont care about consistencies), and the only toy i have that is nice, but smaller is my starscream and my master grade models (if you notice, they are sorta same size as 1/60 vf-1). Stuff like MP Optimus and Megatron, as well as 1/60th vf-0 and yf-19 all go well with the 1/48th vf-1 on the shelf.

Ahem brother, the bigger the better

I can.....I mean comeon.....it's Max and Miria......they are the coolest couple EVER!!!

Lmao...I hope the buyer stays blissfully ignorant about the new 1/60 line, otherwise they may end up kicking themselves. :lol:

-Kyp

True that....the only 2 I will get are Max & Millia.....unless of course the 2 seaters are there as well. Even then....damn....I will have to see just how cool they really are.

So for me, there's no hesitation or second guessing this. If they keep these around $100 a whack

-Kyp

Is this a for sure price or just a guess? I can't imagine for a second that they are going to be anywhere near $100. Think more in the $150+ range.

Is this a for sure price or just a guess? I can't imagine for a second that they are going to be anywhere near $100. Think more in the $150+ range.

its been repeatedly stated(like over 20 times now) that these will be about 10000 yen(straight from yamato's site) which is less than $100. i even put it in my sig. ;)

its been repeatedly stated(like over 20 times now) that these will be about 10000 yen(straight from yamato's site) which is less than $100. i even put it in my sig. ;)

Heh......damn.....I totally did not see that either.....I was just sitting here hoping for under $100 and my dreams have come true.....at least thus far. :ph34r:

Again, why the hell would the charge more for something a lot smaller? If you are going to bring up the VF-0, like you did earlier, have you even seen the 2 side by side? The VF-0 is a giant in comparison. Even the article that said 10,000 yen may have actually said less than 10,000 yen.

What you are saying is like bandai charging the price of a PG Gundam for a MG Gundam. Its market suicide.

I'm wondering if a lot of people here don't have a 1/60 VF-1, and don't realize just how small it is compared to the new "giant" 1/60 valks like the Sv-51 and YF-19. The *1/48* VF-1 is dwarfed by the Sv-51. The 1/60 VF-1 looks like it's a baby that'll some day grow up into a valk when put next to a Sv-51.

^ i think a lot of the confusion is because people have a hard time understanding the differences between scale and size.

I for one have owned both a VF-1 1/60 and a VF-0 1/60 in the past so I am aware of the size differences ^_^ .....but I have been looking at the Yamato site for a bit now trying to find anything on the new 1/60 VF-1's and I cannot read Japanese so I do not know where to look. I would like to see the dimensions for the new one if anyone has seen them. :ph34r:

I for one have owned both a VF-1 1/60 and a VF-0 1/60 in the past so I am aware of the size differences ^_^ .....but I have been looking at the Yamato site for a bit now trying to find anything on the new 1/60 VF-1's and I cannot read Japanese so I do not know where to look. I would like to see the dimensions for the new one if anyone has seen them. :ph34r:

They should be the same as scale is scale.

But the thing that weirds me out is that the VF-1's are actually that smal and it doesn't seem right at all as real planes are freaking huge. I guess the zero's addressed the scale issue as the redesign of the VF-1. Now we'll see what size the pilots are going to be. LOL.

I'm wondering if a lot of people here don't have a 1/60 VF-1, and don't realize just how small it is compared to the new "giant" 1/60 valks like the Sv-51 and YF-19. The *1/48* VF-1 is dwarfed by the Sv-51. The 1/60 VF-1 looks like it's a baby that'll some day grow up into a valk when put next to a Sv-51.

For those that don't know just how small a 1/60 VF-1 is.

dsc00203kz0.jpg

For those that don't know what a VF-1 is, it's the red one.