1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

One 2-seater release for every two 1 seater releases i think would be exceptable.

Better yet -

1 - TV scheme (1 seaters)

1 - DYRL scheme (1 seaters)

1 - 2 seater scheme.

example - VF-1S Roy TV (with super), then VF-1S Hikky (with Strike) and thirdly VF-1D (with Hik and Minny TV dress scheme)

then repeat!

1 - TV Hikky 1J, 2 - Max 1S (please!) :rolleyes:, 3 - VF-1D Vigin Road (need to milk one of the 2-seaters molds b4 the others..)

then...

1 - TV CF-1A, 2 - Roy 1S (with Strike), 3 - VT-1 (Misa and Hik pilots) etc..

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

That's be the ultimate initial wave in my opinion. I'm way tired of the DYRL 1S's and 1A's. Let's see some TV valks.

Hell yea. Besides, after rewatching SDF Macross from the very beginning, I'm itching to get a Hikaru 1J, VF-1D, and Max's first ride. Memorable moments in each valkyrie. Sure, they weren't used by the main character by the end of the series, but nonetheless, they gave us great initial first impressions.

There may still be the occasional reissue, but yes, for all intents and purposes the 1/48 is dead.

All hail the 1/60! :p

Graham

I hate Yamato. :angry: I hate them so much. :angry:

Just when I thought that I was about to be done with my Valkoholism they throw me 100 feet from the wagon. And I was all, like, I can't wait for all this macross collecting to be over to all my friends. :( (sigh) :( There goes all my extra cash for the next few years; cocaine and hookers would be a cheaper hobby at this point. And this with all the other cool stuff comming out.

Oh well, I guess this makes up for me not having valks as a kid. :D :D :D :D So what to do with my old 1/60's?

I just hope they have the same price point as the OG 1/60's.

Edited by nghia59

Anyone with me in wanting grey instead of white on the valks? For example, instead of Hikaru's VF-1J being white and red, it would be grey and red, like the bandai reissue/vintage takatoku. The light grey always looked more militaristic and just plane awesome, even if it is not canon. Same on Focker's valk. Yamato did this years back on Max's DYRL VF-1A 1/60, and I hope they do the same here.

Grey>white

Anyone with me in wanting grey instead of white on the valks? For example, instead of Hikaru's VF-1J being white and red, it would be grey and red, like the bandai reissue/vintage takatoku. The light grey always looked more militaristic and just plane awesome, even if it is not canon. Same on Focker's valk. Yamato did this years back on Max's DYRL VF-1A 1/60, and I hope they do the same here.

Grey>white

I do like the idea. :ph34r:

Hear! Hear!

I liked DYRL and all, but the TV series was what I grew up with.

Thank you, that's exactly how I feel.

Grey>white

No. Don't screw with the cannon colors.

-Kyp

I hate Yamato. :angry: I hate them so much. :angry:

Just when I thought that I was about to be done with my Valkoholism they throw me 100 feet from the wagon. And I was all, like, I can't wait for all this macross collecting to be over to all my friends. :( (sigh) :( There goes all my extra cash for the next few years; cocaine and hookers would be a cheaper hobby at this point. And this with all the other cool stuff comming out.

Oh well, I guess this makes up for me not having valks as a kid. :D :D :D :D So what to do with my old 1/60's?

I just hope they have the same price point as the OG 1/60's.

12 Steps:

1. Anger (WTF? Another line of 1/60s?)

2. Sadness (What am I gonna do with the old ones)

3. Obsession (Keep looking at pics)

4. Ebay (Looking thru collection to see what you can sell)

5. Indecision (Do I really need these?)

6. Back to Anger (Dammit! Why'd they have to make these?)

7. Denial (What new 1/60s? I don't see a thread about them...)

8. Interest (Well they do look kinda cool...)

9. Warming to idea (Maybe if I just get one...)

10. Acceptance (I'll buy 4 of 1st release, one for each mode and MISB)

11. Purchase (Pre-orders early bird)

12. Back to Anger (Man this canopy is too bubbly)

not to mention the 13th stage... Deficit...

One 2-seater release for every two 1 seater releases i think would be exceptable.

Better yet -

1 - TV scheme (1 seaters)

1 - DYRL scheme (1 seaters)

1 - 2 seater scheme.

example - VF-1S Roy TV (with super), then VF-1S Hikky (with Strike) and thirdly VF-1D (with Hik and Minny TV dress scheme)

then repeat!

1 - TV Hikky 1J, 2 - Max 1S (please!) :rolleyes:, 3 - 3 - VF-1D Vigin Road (need to milk one of the 2-seaters molds b4 the others..)

then...

1 - TV CF-1A, 2 - Roy 1S (with Strike), 3 - VT-1 (Misa and Hik pilots) etc..

I'd like to see a 2 seater that gives homage to the F-14 or F-15E, just a low vis with decals for an F-14 Squadron or for a F-15 Squadron. Sundowners might be appropriate (weren't they stationed in Japan?)

Edited by Coota0

I'd like to see a 2 seater that gives homage to the F-14 or F-15E, just a low vis with decals for an F-14 Squadron or for a F-15 Squadron. Sundowners might be appropriate (weren't they stationed in Japan?)

HELL YES! Don't know about the Sundowners, but I know the Black Knights were in japan, and the model companies ALWAYS put out Black Knight Tomcats.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Black Knights VF-1(never see one customized into that), and VF-1 Wolfpack 1975 version(quite possibly the best high viz scheme).

You'll need this for Step 3... MWUAHAHAHA!

You know.....I am trying to sell off a couple of my own for some extra cashola...and your not helpin me much by throwing out the awesome pics of a PT 1/60.... :(

Maybe Graham can pass along to Yamato to go easy on the DYRL valks for a while and give the TV valks the attention they deserve?

-Kyp

Ha Ha....Nope!

I personally prefer DYRL Valks. Don't understand why everybody keeps asking for a Max and Kakzaki TV 1A, they are so bland.

I'll be happy if Yamato makes the following DYRL Valks: -

• VF-1A Hikaru Super Valk.
  • VF-1S Hikaru Strike Valk.
  • VF-1S Roy Strike Valk.
  • VE-1 Elint Seeker.
  • VT-1 Super Ostrich.
  • VF-1A Max Super Valk.

About the only TV Valks I'm interested in are the Hikaru VF-1J and the VF-1D. I've never been a big fan of Max & Millia's VF-1Js.

Graham

I can do without Kakizaki, but Max's TV VF-1A is the valk he flew in his most memorable appearances during the series. He became an ace many times over in it, rescued Kakizaki, Hikaru and Misa from the Zentraedi, disguised himself as a Zentraedi in doing so, threw Breetai into outer space, and gunned down Milia. The J may have the more elaborate paint job, but his A model had the most significance in combat. Its like model enthusiasts, they want models of Mig killers, even if some of them were in drab or low viz colors, over the high viz CAG birds, simply due to historical importance/significance.

His DYRL VF-1A is probably the best looking VF-1 he flew, but his TV VF-1A is the most important. All he did in the J was fight with FAST packs, help Milia in showing off Komilia and babysitting, and putting out a fire. That was about it. In DYRL he is steals the show in his Super version for a few minutes whilst saving Kakizaki, and Hikaru, while blowing the brains out of a Zentraedi. His jaw dropping scenes in that movie was when he was Skull 1. If anything, I think he flew his important missions in his TV VF-1A than any of his other VF-1s combined. If Yamato can make a DYRL Kakizaki VF-1A, for the comedy relief cannon fodder pilot, why not the TV VF-1A for the blue haired badass? Besides, all Kakizaki did in DYRL was ask for help, then later on, get killed while laughing about women.

I personally prefer DYRL Valks. Don't understand why everybody keeps asking for a Max and Kakzaki TV 1A, they are so bland.

Graham

Because there's an awful lot of us out there that never heard of DYRL when growing up in the 80's. For many of us, the TV version was the one that we grew up with.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

The Max and Kakizaki TV VF-1A's are bland looking, but I still think they look cool. If they were willing to crank out a 1/48 Kakizaki, they should consider these as well. They would be easy paint schemes for Yamato to do, but I'd be more impressed if they FINALLY did the right thing and made an accurate TV-style VF-1A head. The head could also be used for a TV VF-1A Cannon Fodder version, so there's 3 Valks that would make it worthwhile for Yamato to do, but I still don't think they will. Did any of the various VF-1A model kits from Imai, Arii, Bandai, etc. ever have a TV-style VF-1A head?

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that Yamato could also milk the TV-style VF-1A head on an accurate VF-1A Angelbirds, too. For any new guys here who aren't aware of the differences in the heads, I've attached a pic below. The TV VF-1A head is the one on the lower right.

post-683-1199262980_thumb.jpg

Edited by sidearmsalpha

Huh? You prefer all white valks with one stripe of color because they are LESS bland?
Yeah, the striped DYRL valks are no less boring than the TV 1A's. At least the TV-1A's have a different pattern than the 1J's.

But what really makes the DYRL 1A's and 1S's so bland is that we've seen so much of them in toy form from Yamato. The first 1/60's were the DYRL 1A's & 1S, and then the first 1/48's were the DYRL 1A's & 1S. I'm sick of them. The Max TV 1A has never existed as a toy, which makes it special, and, come on, it's freaking Max Jenius. I think Macross fans would go nuts for Max's TV 1A.

Yeah, the striped DYRL valks are no less boring than the TV 1A's. At least the TV-1A's have a different pattern than the 1J's.

But what really makes the DYRL 1A's and 1S's so bland is that we've seen so much of them in toy form from Yamato. The first 1/60's were the DYRL 1A's & 1S, and then the first 1/48's were the DYRL 1A's & 1S. I'm sick of them. The Max TV 1A has never existed as a toy, which makes it special, and, come on, it's freaking Max Jenius. I think Macross fans would go nuts for Max's TV 1A.

If Yamato doesn't do this with these new 1/60's, they are really missing out on the market potential here. I'm sure there are a lot of worldwide fans who would love to see the TV Max and Kakizaki get made with the correct TV VF-1A heads on them. Not to mention the VF-1A CF and Angelbirds with the right TV head for a change.

Honestly though...and I hate to say this, I'm pretty sure they won't though, which is really sad. I'm almost 100% certain what they will do is release the same things that they did with the 1/48's, only they will throw in the VF-1D, VT, and VE valks in there. And yes, that includes the Low Vis 1 and 2 as well as the Stealth 1J.

Yeah, I know...some of you are thinking "The low vis 1 was a limited release, they won't make it again". Which you'd be wrong, because that promise only covers the 1/48 line. Trust me, they're going to do it. If they don't, it would really surprise me.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

it's just stylistic differences

using the earlier picture, alot of people like the look of the TV 1A head because it's what we're used to seeing. Toynami's version is pretty close if you remove the outer ring.

vf1headsqd1.png

I'll probably only get a VF-1S in 1/60 when it comes out myself. Just to fill out my 1/60 line.

Now, if they make the TV Max and Kazikaki with the correct head, then I'll have to get them and a VF-1J Hikaru.

Else, it's just the Focker. I'm running out of display space and I'm starting a more expensive hobby

--oops, wrong pic---fixing

Edited by Chowser

Meh on the dyrl head vs the tv Head. The tv 1A head reminds me too much of the 1/55 Bandai 1A's, which isn't a good thing. The DYRL 1a heads look better anyway. Didn't Toynami have TV color schemes for Max and Kakizaki errr Ben?? The TV color schemes for these 2 would be wasted releases for Yamato, because I'd bet that they would be poor sellers. I'd like to see them come up with either a new custom scheme or a Minmay guards scheme.

I got Focker, Hikaru, Max and Kakizaki in Dyrl colors in 1/48 so no way am i getting anymore Dyrl in 1/60....except VT and VE ofcourse.

If they come out im getting Hikaru 1J, Max 1A, kakizaki 1A, Vf-1D and a CF 1A in TV colors.

I may also get a Miria 1J with Fastpacks to stand next to my other VF's for scale comparison since her's lasted all the way into M7.

If these 1/60 can pose like Gundam Perfect grades, then I'd buy them. Movable/Bendable hip joints would be good too.

Yamato needs to reverse the order of valkyries and start out with the VE, VT and VF-1D with these 1/60 versions...put out the 1S, 1A, 1Js last.