1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

I'm into this! I changed my mind about a new 1/60 scale VF-1 way back. Only if they did perfect transfromation and tampo printing, and it looks like this is going to happen. RIGHT? TAMPO PRINTING???

Hopefully this means enemy mechs at 1/60 also...

Good for you Yamato!

They are always upside down in Battroid mode. In fighter mode you have them the right way up. Unless you have two gunpods or are willing to remove the sticker each time, it's always going to be up one way and down the other. Even one up and one down on either side is conditional from the angle you look at it.

I'm talking about fighter mode upside down as seen in the pictures.

I'm talking about fighter mode upside down as seen in the pictures.

Yup, like I said, it's either or. Personal preference at the end.

I can't see any other gimmicks, maybe a view of the back may help in battroid mode. From the looks of it in fighter mode, it doesn't look like there is much either, and i can't determine whether the airbrake opens or not.

Edited by kensei

picture by Graham on page 5 if anyone missed it! (me of course)

PS : from Graham's larger scans, it seems to me that the air break is not there. prolly they take that off because its too fragile for such a small scale...

aha...I see a candidate for more improvement...outward landing gear...I mean we can push em out sideways just like the YF-19

Edited by aaajin

Grahammmm...where are the scansss? Im really feeling dizzy with this wait...maybe I should catch a nap as it's 6 am now...brr...

I posted the scans on page 5 of this thread.

Tsk, what sort of MWer are you if you haven't read every page of this thread at least twice already! :p

Graham

Im the sort that lurks in the dark and jumps into a thread and go hysterical whenever I see an unconfirmed pic of a new toy! :)

ruskii, pass me the tranquilizer now please...

I really need some sleep now.

The way ruskii is going, he needs a dose to take out a horse. :p

We all jump up and down when seeing a new toy. :D

You guys, you disapointed me, we were going hard for a good hour and a half when i came in on the thread and saw what was going on... the wife took over the laptop for half an hour and when i come back we still only have a few more posts than last time. :p hahaha ohh yeah, i'm going hard, no tranq dart though, i celebrated how a man should, RUM, and lots of it. This is the best time to be a Macross FAN.

yes, i second the " NO DISEMBOWLED PILOT ".

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

hell yeah!!! good thing the only 1/48 I got was the Stealth... but what will I do with my old 1/60 collection??? I guess I'm gonna have to become a seller now... hehehe!!

thanks Graham for the news and the scan, they look incredible, I see Yamato is implementing new technology on perfect transformation and ariticulation, I'm so excited!!! wooohooo!!!!

I also like how the missile pod is not HUGE and uncomfortable like the 1/48's and not just plain old square like, sweeeet

the UN Spacy on the gunpod really is backwards, notice in the fighter mode it's upside down and not in the battroid, and also, is the tail fin movable??? it seems a little rotated on the battroid pic, and the Skull marking seems to be sitting a little high... hope they fix this on the release.... remember EXCALIVUR!!!!!!!!! hehehe

Bandai model kits?

Are they pre-painted and do they require glue?

I would prefer them to be snap-fit like the Gundam Master Grade kits...

But in the worse case...I guess I'm an old man now - so I should learn how to paint :)

VFTF1

For as beautiful as the 1/48s are, the 1/60 looks even more beautiful. This is going to be a awesome year for Macross! :D

I'd like to know more about why the vintage toys are pictured. Is it just the typical "here's the old toys" retrospective sort of thing?

And this also renews hope for a perfect transformation vf-11.

Renews hope? Graham already confirmed a VF-11, (without actually confirming it). I'd re-post the quote, but I can't find the VF-11 thread anymore. Relax, it's coming.

Another improvement I forgot to mention over the 1/48 is that in fighter mode, the 1/60's arms to not hang as low as the 1/48' arms. Infact they sit much higher up.

Graham

And that automatically makes it better than the 1/48s in my book. Those low hanging arms are an eye sore.

The 1/100 VF-19Kai is an mostly snap fit kit from 1995. It is molded in red, grey and yellow plastic. It can be built unpainted, but of course looks better painted.

The other reissue kits are all 24 or 25 year old designs and definitely require glue and paint to look good.

Graham

Really could kiss you Graham :ph34r::lol: Those were the best news i heard since the upcoming release of YF-21

Being hoping for this to happen even since the revolution of 1/60 VF-0, followed by SV-51 and YF-19. Now i have no regrets in selling my 1/48's previously. Would definitely be getting 2 of each my favourite characters like VF-1S Roy/Hikaru, VF-1J Max/Millia, VE-1 Elintseeker and VT-1 SO if they were done, maybe also a 1/60 VF-1S/J in GPB.

Well, I refuse to sell my 1/48s for sentimental reasons, but all the old 1/60 VF-1s are going to have to go. Luckily, I only have 6 of them. :unsure:

These look fantastic! Graham, any news on the price point? Please tell me we're finally getting a reasonably priced toy...

i remember when the 1/48 was first introduced, i kept asking why couldn't they make a 1/60 similar to that. now it is here and i will be placing my early bird preorders as soon as they become available. i like the fact that i could now have a better looking 1/60 vf-1 displayed next to a 1/60 yf-19, yf-21, sv-51, vf-0, q-rau, etc. i never bought any 1/48's but i was thinking about it since i finished my complete unopened 1/60 vf-1 collection. i'll probably sell every 1/60 vf-1 and just keep the max and milia.

ps is there an approximate date these will start coming out?

These new 1/60 vf-1's should come with the display stand the SV-51 came with. They also should be designed so they can also be display in battroid mode on that stand.

I wouldn't mind paying alittle more for a VF-1, Fast Packs and Display stand all in one package.

Whether or not it comes with all that, you can bet Yamato will keep the box size the same as the 1/48s... :p

Whether or not it comes with all that, you can bet Yamato will keep the box size the same as the 1/48s... :p

One can hope for smaller Yamato boxes right? I wonder what other gimmicks this line will feature besides the double jointed elbows. If Yamato offers this for cheap I just might have to get a Roy or a Max TV as I don't have those in 1/48 scale yet.

Man 2008 is going to be one expensive year. Who else wants to start fund raising for toys?

By the way how tall is this new 1/60 line going to be in battloid mode?