1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

It ain't big, and I'm no scale freak. We'll see if it really has all the good stuff in this smaller scale. It may have, who knows? But I doubt it.

I'm looking for another jump in toy technology here.

Wow, I never saw this coming. Honestly though I can't say I'm thrilled. It's cool and all and I'm happy for those that wanted this, but Unlike many I actually liked that Yamato's VF's have been about the same size, the scale inconsistency never bothered me and I'm guessing that this will pretty much be the nail in the 1/48 coffin which makes me sad if that is indeed the case. I guess the big thing for me is unless these have some really new features like increased poseability in battroid (the only thing lacking in the 1/48 IMO), or included fast packs, or a really great price, then I won't be getting more than one or two. I just can't get that excited about something that to all intents and purposes appears to be a scaled down 1/48. I just feel like there are better things Yamato could be working on than yet another VF-1.

Almost missed this thread.

So whoever guessed this first was right.

Looks great and two seaters would be awesome. If the price is right, and no QC issues, I'll be picking up more than one.

BTW, in the upper part of the scan, where it says VF-2S, I see Destroid feet :ph34r:

Yes it's true. Yes, it's perfect transformation. Yes, it has been engineered from the start to allow for 2 seaters.

Yamato want's to have all their perfect transformation toys in 160 scale.

Improvements over 1/48 include shorter nose cone in battroid mode (uses VF-0 type transformation), non-splitting foot thrusters and propotionally larger hands than the 1/48.

No moving flaps or removeable nose cone, but it does have some other interesting gimmicks.

I'll post clearer magazine scans in about an hour.

Graham

Yes it's true. Yes, it's perfect transformation. Yes, it has been engineered from the start to allow for 2 seaters.

Yamato want's to have all their perfect transformation toys in 160 scale.

Improvements over 1/48 include shorter nose cone in battroid mode (uses VF-0 type transformation), non-splitting foot thrusters and propotionally larger hands than the 1/48.

No moving flaps or removeable nose cone, but it does have some other interesting gimmicks.

I'll post clearer magazine scans in about an hour.

Graham

Thanks!

Bet you've been itching to share the news for months. What did you have in your sign months ago? "Yamato could fail or achieve perfection, they did the later"?

Can you also post the full page scan Graham?

There seems to be other information that was cut off.

You weren't kidding when you said 2008 was going to be a good year for us.

1/48's are awesome, always will be. But 1/60's if they are as good as we hope them to be (and why wouldn't they) have the uber kick ass bonus of being in scale with the soon up'n'coming 1/60 VF-11 of all valks (hell yeah!)... you know which one will be widely flocked too, and espeially if the 2 seaters become a deffinite.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

uhm... do I see a double joint on the elbow there???

You must be because I'm seeing it too!

Hidden gimmick number one found: double jointed albows ^_^

All those old looking toys are Banadai reissues?

Edited by Twoducks

Well this kind of kills my collection purposes, seeing as I really intended it to be the end all.

Two seaters from the start does seem to be attractive though.

But I would rather keep the bigger scales.

The fighter mode looks kinda stubby though......

The shoulders look proportionately smaller too, and the gunpod just shy of being a pistol.

Double jointed elbows would allow for a full bicep flex, and also there is movement for the fins on the lower leg. I assume the movable kneecap is still there?

I'd like to see that prototype of the YF-21 go on ebay. Shows the internals beautifully.

Edited by kensei

There may still be the occasional reissue, but yes, for all intents and purposes the 1/48 is dead.

All hail the 1/60! :p

Graham

WAHOO! No more variants! My collection is complete!

Edited by kensei

Well this kind of kills my collection purposes, seeing as I really intended it to be the end all.

Two seaters from the start does seem to be attractive though.

But I would rather keep the bigger scales.

The fighter mode looks kinda stubby though......

The shoulders look proportionately smaller too, and the gunpod just shy of being a pistol.

Double jointed elbows would allow for a full bicep flex, and also there is movement for the fins on the lower leg. I assume the movable kneecap is still there?

I'd like to see that prototype of the YF-21 go on ebay. Shows the internals beautifully.

I do agree about the fighter mode, doesn't compare to the 1/48 imo. I'll get a few of these just because I find the battroid to be the most anime accurate to date. And the double elbow joint... drool.

lol LOVE YOU GRAHAM MAN.

All hail the *60's!

And double jointed elbows that was the next thing i was gonna ask about ohh HELL YEUAHH!

Still large scale VF-1 with better poseability than the 1/48's!

And look at that SDF-1 1/5000... sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

And i was right on with them bandai re-issues wasn't i guys!?

Wow, YF-21.......................................... clear yummy goodness. Look at that detail!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I do agree about the fighter mode, doesn't compare to the 1/48 imo. I'll get a few of these just because I find the battroid to be the most anime accurate to date. And the double elbow joint... drool.

I'm all for super posability.

I'd be really impressed and would start collecting again (and buy 7 more 1/48 Roy VF-1S to make a Max VF-1S), if they showed better posability in the legs.

It's almost as if Yamato VF-1s were mobile phones or laptops. They get smaller but the functionality may exceed their predecessors.

Laugh all you want at my 139 1/48s, I'm collecting all again. :p, I don't care.

Edited by kensei