1/60 SV-51 IVANOV 2ND VERSION (??)

MaveRick

Hi.. could somebody tell me if SV-51 was already reissued/rereleased? I was wondering because there happens to be another forum stating that the second version is already up and released last October 30..

one indication of it being the second release is it has already a clear canopy.. this is the picture posted on that forum..

YAMATO_sv-51_yvanov_04.jpg

here's the link to the said forum thread - SV-51 SECOND VERSION (??)

hope anybody could clear this up.. so i might be able to determine whether what to specially check on the item first before i get them.. fortunately our local specialty shops here are selling the SV-51s..

thanks

according to that forum thread, the clear canopy version is said to have the fixes already..

though i am somehow skeptical about it.. how come something like this would fall undisclosed here in macrossworld.. so far, i've had almost all first hand information of just about anything from macross/robotech from this site.. was really surprised when i got by this forum..

anyway, perhaps graham could give us further enlightenment.. ^_^

sqidd, were both of those from the same seller?

If not, which seller did you buy the one with the fixes from?

thanks

Same seller, I got one the day they were released and I got the next one on October 15th. The seller was Crazy Toys Paradise, they are a eBay seller.

• 5 years later...

Well Graham stated a few weeks ago that you should not buy a VF-0 right now because there was a renewal planned but no news from a new SV-51. But I read somewhere that the designer who did the SV-51 wants to revisit it.

So maybe if Arcadia continues with 1/60th Valkyries and the release a new VF-0 and it sells well maybe you get a new SV-51. A lot of maybes there. :)

At the moment I would not count on any news there in 2013.

Here is the thread I talked about: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=38378

Edited by Scyla

Well Graham stated a few weeks ago that you should not buy a VF-0 right now because there was a renewal planned but no news from a new SV-51. But I read somewhere that the designer who did the SV-51 wants to revisit it.

So maybe if Arcadia continues with 1/60th Valkyries and the release a new VF-0 and it sells well maybe you get a new SV-51. A lot of maybes there. :)

At the moment I would not count on any news there in 2013.

Here is the thread I talked about: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=38378

When they say revisit, I wonder if they mean a whole new design, or just a rerun.

Oh, also, is this new VF-0 a whole new design???

Wow did we just revive a 2007 thread in 2013? hehe. Anyway yeah before the whole Arcadia thing I do think Graham dropped a hint in the form of advice hinting at a new vf-0 coming. I was about to start thinking about selling my VF-0's until this whole Arcadia thing...Now, I'm keeping them unitl we hear something solid from Arcadia. My hope is that they revisit allthe valks that need revisiting/redesigning.

Graham's been dropping hints, but IDK, I think we're getting close to putting words in people's mouths. I don't think we've been given any details on what to actually expect.

As for rumors on anything else, it was in another thread a while back, it was Mr. K, as I recall, mentioning that he wanted to revisit some of the older designs that were done before he came aboard, including the VF-0, SC-51, YF-19 and YF-21... But honestly, that seemed more like an off the cuff pipe-dream and not really Yamato (Arcadia's) actual stance on it.

As usual, the temperature in the air seems to be more of a 'wait and see' kind of deal.

And to think that back in the day, all we had was the Takatoku/Bandai stuff (with the exception of a few kits) and we were ll pretty happy. Now it's this version, that version, oh and wait, a revision of this version because version one was made with crap materials.....

One more thing. Why not revisit older topics if the interest is still there. I asked because I just got an Ivanov.

Haha, I know what you mean. Honestly, I'm still of that mindset for the most part. Toys today as so consistently excellent that I think we've all become spoiled to it to the point where minor nitpicks are suddenly giant glaring flaws to us... It's kind of amazing, if you stop to think about it. It's good to know all of the little nitpicky changes though, now that we DO have the option. It's like coming out of the dark ages, almost.