My current (and built) Model Kits Collection

cool8or

• 4 months later...

Bump! :rolleyes:

I just replaced some pics for better ones in the first page. Note the difference in this example:

Old one: :unsure:

dsc00753redimensionardf8.jpg

New one: :D

dsc0582redimensionarhv2.jpg

New photos were token with a Nikon D40 Camera. B))

Old photos was token with a Sony DSC-P93 Camera.

PD: Dragon is in the Hangar, that's why I didn't take pictures to it. :ph34r:

Edited by cool8or

Las fotos estan mucho mejores. Pero la verdad yo creo que si hubieras tenido la luz y composicion diferente la calidad de las fotos hubiesen salido muy similar...

En que modelo estas trabajando ahora..?

すみません、私には分からない!!!!

...the only Spanish I ever hear is when my kids are watching Dora :) lol

No duff china, those shots are the duck's nuts. My beer and kisses is dark cause I shell out the odd Rhodes scholar for more resin, but she'll be apples in the end cause it beats too much of the kitchen sink and pokies at the boozer full of filthy moles! Anyway, a big Wally Grout to Ruben, and cheers big ears for the Captain Cook.

Bump! :rolleyes:

I just replaced some pics for better ones in the first page. Note the difference in this example:

Old one: :unsure:

dsc00753redimensionardf8.jpg

New one: :D

dsc0582redimensionarhv2.jpg

New photos were token with a Nikon D40 Camera. B))

Old photos was token with a Sony DSC-P93 Camera.

PD: Dragon is in the Hangar, that's why I didn't take pictures to it. :ph34r:

Now this is an amazing work of art & modeling skills, looks like that VF-1J could walk off the screen and shoot some battle pods down!! Awesome collection friend!!! Keep up the great work!!! :)

Las fotos estan mucho mejores. Pero la verdad yo creo que si hubieras tenido la luz y composicion diferente la calidad de las fotos hubiesen salido muy similar...

En que modelo estas trabajando ahora..?

I took the first pics with daylight, in the same conditions than now. The difference is the camera. My Cybershot is 2003 year technology. In interiors and with no-direct sunlight, colors granulates. That don't happen with Nikkon D40, and with other modern cameras. Check this example, zoom-in applied (click pictures to enlarge):

Sony Cybershot DSC-P93:

p93iz9.th.jpg

Nikkon D40:

d40bz9.th.jpg

Both pictures was shot last saturday.

Edited by cool8or

Talk about night and day - big differnance! The camera I'm using is the old Sony Mavica with a floppy drive! I like the compactness of files though and that I can stick a macro lens on it without the external parts moving. You've seen how closeup some photos are we have to take here on the forum. - MT

• 4 months later...

Dude - you rule! Your kits are great! Not only because they are so well built - but because you have such a rare and wonderful selection ! Those Zendradi and Meltran ships, the Cats Eye - and that Regult with the Zendradi soldier inside (dag- very cramped cockpit!)...

Very very very nice stuff! Inspiring!

Pete

very nice built kits you have there. :rolleyes:

May I know what is your New Type (Tread) from? got box? thanks B))

You can get it in Hobbyfan:

http://www.hobbyfan.com/product_info.php?c...r+Decal+Sticker

It's a very simple kit, that's because I replaced the Legioss by the Imai one.

Regards.

Late to the party - but I wanted to say: Nice stuff! I like your 'vintage' pieces as well: "No putty, no sanding, simple-action sprayer... I only paint the plastic tree, then I cut and glue it together."

...Oh, does that bring back memories of building my own kits back in the 1980s!

All beautiful!

Wow! congrats Cool8or... what a fantastic collection. How could I have missed this thread... oh, yeah, my daughter was 1 year old when this thread started, so I was on a bit of a daddy-hiatus last year. Anyways, fantastic builds... I'm so glad you're building and enjoying your beautiful collection (instead of hoarding... hmm, I have too many things un-built ;-(

Keep up the great work and I look forward to many more picture intensive postings!

p.s. where did you get the decals for John's Pod? mine didn't come with decals...

Wow! My old topic is back again! Thank you guys for your kind comments.

Don't worry Shiroikaze and Vifam7, that Zentradi ships have "natural" weathering... 11 years of dust applied slowly.... :lol:

Thank you WM Cheng, it's great to receive congratulations from a Master!

Before Moscato's Regult, I had an Imai's Regult, so I get the decals from it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Legioss & Tread

Factory: Imai (Legioss); NewType (Tread)

Scale: 1/72

dsc0615redimensionaryn5.jpg

cool8or, could u take a few shots of the legioss n tread joints and ventral views? i bought a 1/72 scale aoshima legioss and resin kit of the tread, but to joint them is a bit difficult...care to share some ideas?

Legioss & Tread

Factory: Imai (Legioss); NewType (Tread)

Scale: 1/72

dsc0615redimensionaryn5.jpg

cool8or, could u take a few shots of the legioss n tread joints and ventral views? i bought a 1/72 scale aoshima legioss and resin kit of the tread, but to joint them is a bit difficult...care to share some ideas?

Yes, that was exactly what I did (Aoshima is only a reedition of old Imai kits).

You''ll must to enlarge the cavity of Tread, where the Legioss is coupled. I'll post more pics when I back home.

Edited by cool8or

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Shinagami for delay... I totally forgot your request!! :wacko:

Here are the pictures, I hope do you like it.

dsc04592redimensionar.jpg

dsc04591redimensionar.jpg

dsc0617redimensionar.jpg

By cool8or

dsc04590redimensionar.jpg

dsc04596redimensionar.jpg

dsc04600redimensionar.jpg

dsc04597redimensionar.jpg

dsc04599redimensionar.jpg

dsc04602redimensionar.jpg

dsc04603redimensionar.jpg

Edited by cool8or

I love your Nikon. Great pics.

Nice clean build cool8or. Really nice.

These pics are from my old Sony Cybershot DSC-P93 (from year 2003), except for the one with light blue background.

I simply toke them with no flash, and after I increase contrast with a photo editor.

Thanks for your coments.

• 9 months later...

Cooler is from Chile and if you haven't found out in the news by now there's a sense of despair and a bit of panic going on there now. I am sure he has more important things on his mind for the mean time.

My heart if with him, his family and also mine which I found out we are virtually unable to communicate through telephone. I am hoping all is OK with him and we can hear from his whereabouts soon enough. ^_^

Compadre espero todo este bien por alla. LAs lineas telefonicas estan cortadas y me gustaria saber un poco de como esta la situacion contigo. Con suerte las cosas no handan tal mal y que tu, tu familia y tus modelos no hayan sufrido bajas..

Saludos