My current (and built) Model Kits Collection

cool8or

Hi MW'ers!!

This past weekend me and my group (SDF-Crew) participates in an Anime event, showing our Macross/Robotech collectibles in a stand. So, back in home, having all my model kits out of my showcase, I decide take pictures to each one.

Please note that this is my BUILT collection, there are so many kits no built yet. I hope do you like it.

THE OLD STUFF (The Golden Age)

These are some of my first model kits, I buit it about 10 years ago without any building knowledgement: No putty, no sanding, simple-action sprayer... I only paint the plastic tree, then I cut and glue it together. Results: Toy look. :p

Nupetiet-Vergnitzs

Factory: Arii

Scale: 1/20000

dsc00713redimensionarur9.jpg

Thurvel-Salan

dsc00715redimensionarru2.jpg

Queadol-Magdomilla

dsc00714redimensionardl7.jpg

SDF-1

Scale: 1/5000

dsc00716redimensionarax1.jpg

Mospeada Ride Armor

Factory: Imai

Scale: 1/15

dsc00704redimensionarbr9.jpg

Glaug

Factory: BanDai

Scale: 1/100

dsc00729redimensionarmf5.jpg

Edited by cool8or

THE "MISTAKING, I LEARN" STUFF (The Silver Age)

After build all previous stuff (and other kits that I actually sold), I decide don't build again until I learn some tips. In the year 2005, I join to SDF-Crew, a group of fans and collectors of Macross & Robotech. They had a little stuff to show in expositions, so I decide help with my models, and build some news, but applying basic techniques and buying better tools. Also, after building my first Hasegawa, I decide turn all my collection into 1/72 scale.

On these Models I applied putty, sanding, Priming, coats, but not panel lining or weathering.

VF-1D Virgin Road.

Factory: Hasegawa

Scale: 1/72

dsc0646redimensionarxo5.jpg

Quel-Quallie

Scale: 1/720

dsc0661redimensionario1.jpg

Oberth

Factory: Honneamise

Scale: 1/1000

This is my first resin kit. It don't have the side cannons, I'll put it in the near future.

dsc0666redimensionarhp0.jpg

Fan Racer

Factory: UNCM/Tanmen (but this is a HobbyFan's Recast)

dsc0685redimensionarbm8.jpg

QF-3000E Ghost

Factory: Honneamise

dsc0636redimensionarpx6.jpg

Edited by cool8or

THE NEW STUFF (The Modern Age)

Once learned the panel lining, the looks improved so much. These models are been built with all my actual knowledgements. All these models was built during 2007.

F-203 Dragon II

Factory: UNCM/Tanmen

dsc00721redimensionarkp2.jpg

SDF-1

Scale: 1/5000

dsc0655redimensionarww5.jpg

SF-3A Lancer II

Factory: M-Factory

dsc0618redimensionarbv7.jpg

VF-1J Battroid

Factory: Hasegawa

dsc0582redimensionarhv2.jpg

Legioss & Tread

Factory: Imai (Legioss); NewType (Tread)

dsc0615redimensionaryn5.jpg

Edited by cool8or

And, proudly I present my first Moscato kits!! I hope do you like it!!

Zentran Soldier

Factory: Moscato Hobby

dsc0583redimensionarmg0.jpg

Standard Regult, with cockpit and pilot

Factory: Moscato Hobby

It can remove the front & upper cover, and open & close the back door, to permit appreciate the interior.

dsc0589redimensionarqx9.jpg

dsc0590redimensionarcr2.jpg

dsc0601redimensionaraw5.jpg

dsc0598redimensionarqi7.jpg

dsc0596redimensionarqo4.jpg

And These are my latest models: Tanmen's VF-4 & Cat's Eye, and a custom LAD-AV

dsc0605redimensionarvw9.jpg

dsc0667redimensionarmw1.jpg

dsc0675redimensionarwb9.jpg

dsc0671redimensionargd8.jpg

Finally, I want to thanks to all the people who help me to growing this collection. In the beginning, Macross World web page, its documentation and galleries help me to know what are available in the market, and guide me at the time to buy. Specially thanks to Captain America, God of Sculping; Valk009, my last resource man; Ryuji ans his sex-bombs resin figures; HWR MKII & Warpaint 22 and his painting & weathering tips, etc... Thanks to all!

Ruben

Edited by cool8or

Great work Ruben!!!

Thanks for showing us all your collection. You deserve to take a bow in recognition of all of your efforts. Especially the great progress you have made in the quality of your finished kits. Keep up the good work! ^_^

Ruben, this is an extraordinary post. Not only do we see the evolution of your skills, but also the culmination in that amazing Regult you've done. It truly shows how far your skills have developed. That paint job on the Regult - and clean build - looks amazing! I may have to track down one now. We certainly dont see enough Moscato build-ups here.

Thank you so much for sharing these pictures, this is why I come to this forum.

Woaaaaaaaaaa!! nice history lesson there, pretty good stuff, I absolutely hate your regult, cause it's not on my display case, hehehe... the Regult and Zentradi soldier are incredible, very proffesional... very very good

hope to see more models built from your vast collection

Amazing !!..nice builds man...

Haven't seen some of those kits build up yet...

Muy bien...me gusta lo que has logrado. Ojala veamos mas pronto...

Edited by 007-vf1

Thank you guys!! Because of you, my ego is now flying higher than my Valks... :p

Muy bien...me gusta lo que has logrado. Ojala veamos mas pronto...

In fact, I'm working in 3 beautiful kits... wich? surprise! :ph34r:

Edited by cool8or

Thank you guys!! Because of you, my ego is now flying higher than my Valks... :p

Dude! Excellentitiously done! You done made me invent a new word. Good for you! Now

I really need to begin working on my stuff. I feel like all I been doing lately is buy buy and buy.

I can't keep up, specially with the captain. Congrats on the progress, and damn you are getting fast.

I really like your regult!

I'm fairly sure what one of them is. a certain eBay item from a few weeks back, but I wont worry too much as if it's anywhere near as good as you most up to date work you'll do it proud.

I'm fairly sure what one of them is. a certain eBay item from a few weeks back, but I wont worry too much as if it's anywhere near as good as you most up to date work you'll do it proud.

Do you refer the VF-17?

No, I don't started it yet... may be in 2009!! :lol:

Hello, I am ED HUNTER friend of Coolo8r, and Master Moscato models fan.

The most Impressive is the regult with pilot, You painted with very good colors (Give them to me for reguld 2.0 :ph34r: ) ..., and most cool is the Zeltran decal on the front ;) jejej .

In my free time work in reguld 2.0 from Moscato, My work compared with COLOCHO is of the ICE AGE jajaj, but anyhow UP some PICS when it ends.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Why, what happened to Tanmen?

From what I read, he did all these masters, then said he'd do some casting, then some people here paid him a bit of money for a big order and he didn't provide everything and ended up annoying a lot of people. This is a bit before my time here, I'm sure someone else can tell the correct story. Regardless, I'd love one of his fan-liners and fan-racers, and maybe the Dragon as well! Anyway, lets not get off topic. maybe someone can make a new thread on this subject if it's warranted.

Edited by PetarB

• 2 months later...
I wish someone would recast the F-203 Dragon II

Theres an enhanced remastered version coming out soon. New exhaust, detailed landing gear,Rails for the missiles to sit on and look like they can launch from more panel lines to more fit with the hasegawa models and bring it closer to the F-15 style lineage that it has. I cannot give any details for release but i do know it is coming.