BBI 1/32 F-4J Phantom II released!

F-4J Phantom II!

Looks to have working airbrakes, ailerons, and horizontal stabilizers. As well as provisions for add on TERS/wing fuel tanks. Weaponry is removable as well as aircrew, and has hinged canopies as well as retractable landing gear. For a mass produced item, the cockpit detail is amazing.

Heres hoping they follow up with a VF-84 F-14A as well as a VF-1 Wolfpack version. Also, can't forget the VF-111 Sundowners schemes for the cat and phantom as well as the VX-4 playboy bunny.

Wasn't someone working on a 1:18 scale F4, along with a B25? On another note, I just picked up a 1:18 Hellcat-it's a 'beaut!

Nosegear strut's still backwards. (And based on vertical positioning of the link, there's got to be something else really off)

Other than that, they did quite well. (Always amazes me that companies can get little things like the 2 different type of under-intake ECM antennas right, but fail to notice the landing gear's on backwards)

Wasn't someone working on a 1:18 scale F4, along with a B25? On another note, I just picked up a 1:18 Hellcat-it's a 'beaut!

Yeah I remember hearing that as well. It probably ended up being canceled due to its large size and there wasn't as much of a demand to get it like other planes.

Edited by dizman

Well there are some sites I've checked out that have it as "coming soon," so maybe there's still hope for this although....gosh, this thing would probably be waaaay bigger than the 1/18 Hornet I've still got in the box. About how long would this thing be in 1/18th, Dave?

21st Century Toys is planning to release the 1:18 F-4

Funny we haven't heard anything about it since their announcement at toyfair, in which the F-4 pictured in their ad was actually 1/32 scale. Nothing new has been heard about 21'st phantom and fishbed, and Admiral Toys has one designed up and ready to go in CAD but it is not planned for released just yet.

New review, scroll down

Sounds like an online exclusive, one etailer chimed in and was thankful he did not have to compete with the bigger retail chains on this one.