Bandai strike valkyrie

rusted180

Hey fellas! just had a quick question.....im about to buy a strike from 3 potential sellers and i was wondering....how much do these run for nowadays in the box??? one is in C8 condition and the other two are in c9 condition.. Thanks guys!

Edited by rusted180

Hey fellas! just had a quick question.....im about to buy a strike from 3 potential sellers and i was wondering....how much do these run for nowadays??? one is in C8 condition and the other two are in c9 condition. BTW the condition grades are just for the toy and not box. Thanks guys!

$300 Shipped is the lowest I have seen.

i got mine for $379 shipped this past summer. Anywhere between $300 and upper $400's seems to be the going rate for one in good shape.

[/quote Do you think 500 in US dollars is too much? one of these have a very well preserved box and the toy only has two small scratches on both wings. (C9 condition bascially

HOLD ON!

Are we talking about vintage or re-issues here? $300?(that's USD I suppose)

If it's VINTAGE, why is it better than the Re-issues?

Just asking cause I was about to buy a re-issue.

Sorry for hijacking the thread

Gomen na sai

I don't think either one of them is better than the other. I LOVE THEM BOTH :rolleyes: !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there a ReIssue Strike Valk??? I did not know that.

No. There is no reissue strike valkyrie. Bandai only reissued the 1s Roy, 1j Hikaru, 1j max, 1j millia, 1a hikaru, 1a cannon fodder and Super 1S Hikaru.

Phhhhhhhwwweeeeewwww.... ^_^ That's what I had figured. Thanks for the reflief :D

Yep, that's the reissue Super Valkyie. When in doubt, take the following two-part test.

1) Is the valk a TV valk?

2) If yes, do you see a Bandai logo on the box?

If so, it's a reissue! Oh yea, the box art is lame. The vintage Takatoku and Bandai valks all had great artwork, not just a Photoshopped image of the toy.

P.S. - Not to confuse things, but there is ONE exception to the test above. There's the 1990 Super Valkyrie released by Bandai that was intended to be a reissue of the Takatoku Super Valkyrie of 1984. Except they changed the color from grey-ish to cream-ish, and replaced the classic 1/55 head with something quite monstrous, IMO. So call it vintage or call it reissue, that guy kinda straddles both worlds.

Edited by emerson

Jeremy007 and emerson:

thanks a lot for the info.. i am still contemplating at getting it, lately i've been up to getting exclusively yamato 1/48 valkyries (really hoping one day i could complete both DRYL and TV Skull squadrons)

perhaps this might be the only time that i'll buy a non-yammie valk

P.S. - Not to confuse things, but there is ONE exception to the test above. There's the 1990 Super Valkyrie released by Bandai that was intended to be a reissue of the Takatoku Super Valkyrie of 1984. Except they changed the color from grey-ish to cream-ish, and replaced the classic 1/55 head with something quite monstrous, IMO. So call it vintage or call it reissue, that guy kinda straddles both worlds.

The 1990 Bandai Super Valk isn't really a reissue of the Takatoku, it's more of an overhaul. The 2000+ Bandai Super Valk is an honest to God reissue of the original Takatoku. The 1990 Bandai though is the same color as the original Takatoku Super Valk (both are white, the Bandai might be slightly more of a bleached white). Takatoku made a non-super VF-1S also that is gray but that doesn't really figure into this equation (I'm selling an original Takatoku Super VF-1S, check out the color... not gray at all). Bandai changed all the landing gears, the head sculpt, and some of the detail work, added a clip on heatshield, and changed the color of the fast packs from olive green/gray to off-blue.

So the gray VF-1S is a takatoku? Was it part of the original line or a reissue? I always wondered where the gray VF-1S fit in.

The 1990 Bandai Super Valk isn't really a reissue of the Takatoku, it's more of an overhaul. The 2000+ Bandai Super Valk is an honest to God reissue of the original Takatoku. The 1990 Bandai though is the same color as the original Takatoku Super Valk (both are white, the Bandai might be slightly more of a bleached white). Takatoku made a non-super VF-1S also that is gray but that doesn't really figure into this equation (I'm selling an original Takatoku Super VF-1S, check out the color... not gray at all). Bandai changed all the landing gears, the head sculpt, and some of the detail work, added a clip on heatshield, and changed the color of the fast packs from olive green/gray to off-blue.

I think Bandai reissued the gray VF-1S also. For both companies, if the valk comes with super armor it's a completely white valk. If the valk was sold without armor it was a gray valk.

I di not even think that this topic was about that valk since it said "strike valk."

i'd say just get a 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru and slap on the Stealth fast pack armor. i love it. it stands next to my monitor.

i've had a knock off VF-1J...and always considered the Bandai 1/55 Strike, Ostrich and Elintseeker as holy grails; just could never afford it. i've never owned an original bandai or takatoku valkyrie.

then out of nowhere the 1/48's came.

but if you feel passionate about the 1/55 strike valkyrie, and box is at c9. $300 -$500 is a great price.

i remember back in 1998 when i first saw them sold on ebay, those figures were up to $1,500.

and you get great artwork! none of the 1/48 flood varnish flimsy box with crappy photoshop lense flare graphics.