Bandai Macross Frontier toys thread

valhary

wow same scale as the yammies in one of bandai's best toy lines. that is phenomenally good news for fans if bandai does a good job with the sculpt and qc, but terrible news for yamato. if i were a yamato employee i'd be seriously pissed at bandai for hijacking that scale. if the chogokin vf-25s are made well, that dooms hopes of yamato making a profit from any vf-25 toys of their own. well, whatever, if bandai does a good job i will be one happy customer.

I don't think it'll be bad news for Yamato since they won't be producing the same toys. On the contrary, it'll be good for both yamto and Bandai because the series will complement each other.

I, for one, have been waiting for this for a LONG time (after all the changes from 1:55 to 1:65, 1:72, 1:60 and 1:48) :D

Now let's hope we can see the images of the 1:100 series soon! Fortunately these will be way better than the Macross 7 'Micro Macross" line :p

Could we be seeing the VF-25 toys produced by Bandai to be cheaper than the Yamato's VF's line since they are (i think) a bigger company than Yamato and are able to produce greater quantities.

They've proven to themselves that there is a market for high end collector's toys and kits and no doubt they want in on the market.

More like thats the only market they can sell to.

Could we be seeing the VF-25 toys produced by Bandai to be cheaper than the Yamato's VF's line since they are (i think) a bigger company than Yamato and are able to produce greater quantities.

That is a possibility. The most similar product is Masterpiece Starscream by Takara, and that was close to $100, but also in 1/60 scale. Similar due to scale, designed by Kawamori, and released by the only other company big enough to compare to Bandai.

I don't think it'll be bad news for Yamato since they won't be producing the same toys. On the contrary, it'll be good for both yamto and Bandai because the series will complement each other.

I, for one, have been waiting for this for a LONG time (after all the changes from 1:55 to 1:65, 1:72, 1:60 and 1:48) biggrin.gif

Now let's hope we can see the images of the 1:100 series soon! Fortunately these will be way better than the Macross 7 'Micro Macross" line

Agreed. Besides, its not like Bandai is making 1/60 Macross Plus valks or SOC 1/60 DX VF-1. Yamato's got those covered. What we are seeing here is no overlap, which in turn means no saturation of the same valkyrie by both companies. This is a good thing.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

hopefully this will be the case... and hopefully that causes yamato to be more competitive with their pricing as well.

I hope this means yamato will be forced to do the more rare mecha like variable glaug and what not. Honestly let bandai have the popular valks, and they can start making some of the lesser-known valks like the vf-4 which I can seee people willing to pay a premium for compared to other toys. Aren't you guys sick of vf-1 all the time? The vb-6 was one step in the right direction but as has been said it must not have sold well so they reverted back to more exposed stuff.. :( Now if things don't sell well you know what that means don't you? They won't take anymore risks doing the unpopular/lesser-known mecha that the hardcore fans wish for and instead choose the ones that have had the most exposure/are the most recognisable by the masses.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I hope this means yamato will be forced to do the more rare mecha like variable glaug and what not. Honestly let bandai have the popular valks, and they can start making some of the lesser-known valks like the vf-4 which I can seee people willing to pay a premium for compared to other toys. Aren't you guys sick of vf-1 all the time? The vb-6 was one step in the right direction but as has been said it must not have sold well so they reverted back to more exposed stuff.. :( Now if things don't sell well you know what that means don't you? They won't take anymore risks doing the unpopular/lesser-known mecha that the hardcore fans wish for and instead choose the ones that have had the most exposure/are the most recognisable by the masses.

yeah, that's a good point/idea. Maybe there's hope for a vf-5000 yet.

1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-25 in the chogokin line ? Woohoo B))

I take it the armor in the pic can be removed so we can just display it in plane fighter or battroid mode without all the extras too ?

Would be cool if both came with super parts and armor parts but i take it that the yellow one comes with the armor parts and the red one comes with the super parts like in the show.

Edited by thankheaven

It definitely won't have the same love that the Yamatos have but it should be just as good as the other toys in the line. If it's a DX Chogokin, then it should be comparable to the rest of the Chogokin line.

Agreed. Besides, its not like Bandai is making 1/60 Macross Plus valks or SOC 1/60 DX VF-1. Yamato's got those covered. What we are seeing here is no overlap, which in turn means no saturation of the same valkyrie by both companies. This is a good thing.

Well it appears each company retains the rights to the shows they've sponsored, with the exception of SDFM and DYRL.

Bandai still controls the merchandizing rights to Mac 2, Mac 7 and now Mac F.

yeah, that's a good point/idea. Maybe there's hope for a vf-5000 yet.

Bandai may well release one, if the other lines go well...

Well it appears each company retains the rights to the shows they've sponsored, with the exception of SDFM and DYRL.

Bandai still controls the merchandizing rights to Mac 2, Mac 7 and now Mac F.

Bandai may well release one, if the other lines go well...

Yeah, I'm hoping for more than just Macross Frontier toys from Bandai. Let's see some SoC grade 1/100 VF-1's, VF-4's, enemy mecha, the works. Yeah, they should totally do that, even if the toy line loses them millions of dollars, just for my personal joy and satisfaction. Totally.

And quality.... Quality is the most important..... Not like this poor VF-0's shoulders.... Grrr...

I'm still unhappy with my VF-0.....

I hope Bandai will be more serious with the QC.......

And quality.... Quality is the most important..... Not like this poor VF-0's shoulders.... Grrr...

I'm still unhappy with my VF-0.....

I hope Bandai will be more serious with the QC.......

Actually, the VF-0s shoulders' problems were not due to poor QC on the manufacturing end, but to lack of material interaction research on the engineering side of things. But I agree with your sentiment that Bandai, being a far more mature company, could do better than Yamato... and that Yamato will improve their game too.

For the VF-1? Hell no man, thats way too small for a SOC VF-1. If Bandai wants to do another VF-1, I say do it in 1/55. Big enough, yet not breaking the bank.

I don't want anything bigger than 1/72. We have enough huge valkyrie toys. I want something small enough to fit in my hand and swoosh around the room. And something cheap enough so I can buy fleets of 'em. Also, I don't think enemy mechas are worth making at larger scales.

I had the aquarion (transforming) toys at one time, and it was well built. The only common complaint I heard was that it was so heavy from all the die-cast, that it didn't stand well. In a way, I wouldn't mind if it had some die-cast in it, but we'll have to wait and see.

Still a long way to go I see before the final.

Hope Bandai puts a bit of effort into Macross with the VF-25 this time. The general outline looks good, but the most important thing is the transformation. I'm curious as to how that will work out.

If Bandai has Mac7 rights couldn't they make the VF-1 in Miriya's colors? :)

Probably, however, Millia's VF-1J doesn't seem to sell well it seems. It is picked up by hardcore collectors, but that's usually about it. You can find more Doyusha VF-1J die casts on Yahoo Japan than the other collectors valks, like the blue max and the YF-19...

Interesting.. Two different scales, but both seem to have the same mold. Perhaps the bigger one is the toy 1/60 version. It would be the same size as the Yamato 1/60's it seems.. Really don't like the wing-kibble and the square crotch of the 25. Everything else is sweet.

Edited by OmegaD3k

Hey, so will Bandai start supporting MW now? I think it'd be sad if on the day a chogokin VF-25 gets released MW has the latest Yammy 1/60 VF-1 on its home page. Then again, I guess Bandai and Yamato aren't really in direct competition so maybe Yamato wouldn't be too upset if MW had a Bandai toy on its home page.