Bandai Macross Frontier toys thread

valhary

Yeah, I guess I will get Ozma as 1/60, Alto and Michel as 1/72 and maybe Luca if hes super cheap as 1/100.

But let's first see what the available add-ons are and if they are making any other mecha, like the VF-27, or VF-171 (Bandai please!), or heaven forbid the Big Mac and the Quarter Pounder.

Attached is a scan from the new October 2008 issue of Dengeki Hobby magazine of the upcoming 1/100 scale VF-25. Nothing new really, same pics as in this month's Hobby Japan magazine.

Graham

Interestingly, the accompanying text states that this figure will be the first in a line of 1/100 scale Macross valkyrie toys by Bandai. Huzzah! Affordable (I hope) valks! Is this news?

EDIT -- Forgot one detail: PARTS-SWAPPING CONFIRMED FOR THIS ONE.

Edited by Renato

Thanks for the translation Renato.

Interesting news. I wonder if the 1/100 line will just cover Frontier VFs or VFs from all series? Hopefully, we will get a 1/100 VF-171.

Parts swapping, not so good news, but not surprising as the line was initially announced as bing "simple transformation".

Graham

Yay, I'm not the only one. OK, Bandai, quit yer ball-droppin' and get those VF-4's and 17's poppin'!!

And if the next 1/100 is announced to be another VF-1 I'm gonna slap some executives silly. <_<

PARTS-SWAPPING CONFIRMED FOR THIS ONE.

DARTH VADER TIME!!!....

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Damn it, I hope the parts swapping is just relegated to either the landing gear and landing gear door blocks, or minimal parts swapping, as in part swapped goes somewhere on the toy, without going loose, that way there are no parts to lose.

They mention that it will feature Valkyries of the various generations, so I'm expecting lots of cool stuff, VF-4, VF-17.. Whoohoo!

But every time I get my hopes up too high...

VF-19SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Materials mentioned are ABS, PVC, and POM.

DARTH VADER TIME!!!....

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Damn it, I hope the parts swapping is just relegated to either the landing gear and landing gear door blocks, or minimal parts swapping, as in part swapped goes somewhere on the toy, without going loose, that way there are no parts to lose.

"DO NOT WAAAANNNTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Yeah, same feelings, but I wasn't planning on getting 1/100s much anyway.

I don't care HOW it transforms, so long as it looks good in both important modes, if we get valks we'd otherwise have almost no change of getting otherwise---VF-11MAXL, VF-5000, VF-4, etc.

I do. Look how good the vf-0 turned out even though it was a large PT toy?

But yeah at that size it's a bit much to ask for PT.

so er...

When is megahouse (owned by bandai)going to give us a 1/100 mospeada perfect transforming legioss and Tread? hehe

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I'll have to see what they mean by parts swapping. If it's plug-in landing gear, but no parts removing to transform, I can live with that. If it's parts-swapping like the old 1/100 VF-0 prototype = no buy.

Same goes for other previous generation valkyries. VF-4 with parts-swap = no buy. And I want a VF-4 really bad!

So, has there been any sort of word yet as to whether the 1/60 Bandai VF-25's will include Super/Armored packs or will they just be plain and the super/armored packs sold separately? Also, I wonder how they will do the specialized supper parts for the Michael/Luca VF-25's..

Thanks!

Twich

Thanks for the translation Renato.

Interesting news. I wonder if the 1/100 line will just cover Frontier VFs or VFs from all series? Hopefully, we will get a 1/100 VF-171.

Parts swapping, not so good news, but not surprising as the line was initially announced as bing "simple transformation".

Graham

Well that would be cool since we do have a yamato 1/100 scale VB-6 Monster to put it against. So anything on Vajra mecha coming out?