Bandai Macross Frontier toys thread

valhary

It will never be the final (despite that it was the model) even when the final is out in stores it won't be done then. There will always be something someone doesn't like. For that reason though, I like it even more.

Even though that is the model there, that fighter mode looks really nice.

Ya' know I'm still not convinced we will be getting a 1/100 toy line.

All we have seen is a single photo supposedly of an unpainted prototype Gerwalk mode VF-25, which somebody said was the 1/100. However, there were no signs or placards in the photo indicating what exactly the prototype was.

There hasn't been any official mention from Bandai of the 1/100 for months and months now. Also, the hobby mags have had good coverage of the 1/60 DX toy, 1/72 plamodel and the gashapons, but nada, zip, zilch on any 1/100.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

Graham

Armor is nothing more than a hope/rumor so far. I expect super parts to come with the valk in the box.

I hope for that at the very least because I actually want super parts for Ozma's valk. Of course I've become a lot more accustom to the armor set so I will try to get that as well.

Actually I would put my money more on Ozma coming with armor parts and Alto coming with super since they are the trademark of each valk. However since we have seen both use the other then it is still possible they will each get both.

The real worry is whether or not additional parts that don't come with the first release valks (if that happens even) will come separate or will they make you have to buy the valk again to get them (which seems to be more likely lately).

GERWALK looks like crap, and it makes me sad. What the hell are they doing to the knees that doesn't let them move past 90 degrees?

It's just mistransformed. Details written in magazines and websites state that the knees will fully rotate forward and the legs will spread outwards.

Edited by Vifam7

Contrary to many internet hoaxes, Gemma Atkinson is not related to Rowan Atkinson.

back on topic:

Hey D, I'm probably only going to pick up Ozma w/o anything at first and if Alto comes out with Super Parts, I'd be willing to split with you again :) I'll take the valk, you can have the armor. I'm not really into displaying my valks with armor. None of my VF-1s have it anymore and I ended up taking them off my YF-19 and YF-21.

Trying to slow down my collecting here, family priorities are taking over. (dang kids...)

I plan on only getting the first VF-25 released and then taking a break.

With the look at the fighter mode, the landing gears will not be retractable. Instead, they will be simply removed in other mode; typical Bandai design... A little bit disappointed.

Thats for the model kit and thats to be expected.

Thus far there haven't been new pics of the DX or 1/100 toys in a month or so, hopefully within the next week we will get new stuff to look at.

I found this on the web. <_<

Have ya'll seen this photo of VF-25? I believe this is the latest. :lol:

Zebu

Where did the image on the right come from?

It looks fan made but I'm not 100% sure.

Where did the image on the right come from?

It looks fan made but I'm not 100% sure.

The last image is a fan made drawing. There are a number of fan made drawings that detail the 25's transformation. They are all pretty good too.

I want a VF-25G Michel toy if Bandai makes the VF-25 toy look good.

Me too, if not just because I love that color on a Valk, I want to honor the pilot of it for all time for one of the most heroic scenes in the entire show.

In the Frontier model thread, somebody posted a scan from the new Hobby Japan magazine which shows a pic of the 1/100 with it actually captioned as 1/100, so that's official confirmation at last.

Graham

Thanx for the info... Though I wish it was also when the 1/100 VF-0 appeared in the magazines years ago... :(

In the Frontier model thread, somebody posted a scan from the new Hobby Japan magazine which shows a pic of the 1/100 with it actually captioned as 1/100, so that's official confirmation at last.

Graham

Wait, so we've got toy pics in the model thread, and model pics in the toy thread?? GWWAAAAAGH!! :wacko: