Bandai Macross Frontier toys thread

valhary

Registered SAL or airmail.

Usually still significantly cheaper than EMS to Europe (+ less import duties)

I order stuff from HLJ on a regular basis and deliver it to France. I must conclude to the same statement as Salamander. SAL is cheaper and usually happens in the end to be faster than EMS:

SAL -> 10-20 days from HLJ storage to my shelf

EMS -> 2 days from HLJ to CDG Airport Paris and then 3 weeks until it cleared customs (real story!) + right to pay tax, then 2 days from CDG Airport to my shelf.

Concerning the policy on wich HLJ sometimes say they will only ship by EMS ... I never really have understood it since it seems to apply randomly (I would advise on clicking regularly on "ship by sal" in your profile .... My two YF-21 got shipped by SAL, whereas my 2 Supersylph where sent by EMS )

I would even buy the valks if they had no armor to be honest.

I can definitely see why people want the armored packs for the "I got gunz!!!1!!!" feeling, but I've always felt that the FAST PACKS and whatnot keep you from really appreciating the sleek fighter mode

Concerning the policy on wich HLJ sometimes say they will only ship by EMS ... I never really have understood it since it seems to apply randomly (I would advise on clicking regularly on "ship by sal" in your profile .... My two YF-21 got shipped by SAL, whereas my 2 Supersylph where sent by EMS )

Usually this only happens if your ordered package is very big and it will be more "value for money" if they shipped it via EMS. SAL gets expensive if the size of your items are bigger than the maximum sized box. So they rather EMS it to you if the package is big since it comes with tracking number and supposedly reaches you faster. But that doesn't seem the case if u shipped 2 YF-21s through SAL but 2 Supersylph by EMS.... hmmmm.

I would even buy the valks if they had no armor to be honest.

I can definitely see why people want the armored packs for the "I got gunz!!!1!!!" feeling, but I've always felt that the FAST PACKS and whatnot keep you from really appreciating the sleek fighter mode

It's to feel complete, of course then after having all the armour and FP's we can display it in different ways.

I want the FULL armor mainly because I feel that's the VF-25's defining characteristic. How so?

Because much like the VF-0, the VF-25 is overall "more of the same". The VF-25 is VERY traditional as valks go (as opposed to the distinctive -4/19/21). There's really nothing unique about it that's worth my money.

EXCEPT---it can actually transform while wearing full GBP-style armor. Only valk (ignoring Stampede) that can be in fighter mode while fully armored. THAT makes it very unique--and very fun to play with, especially if we get the "each bit can be attached/ejected individually". It's clear Kawamori is trying to make valks that more easily translates to toys (starting with M:Zero), but the FULL armor may be too much even for Bandai--but I sure hope we get it.

But bare fighter mode? It's basically a VF-0, which is itself a modified VF-1. It just folds its wings back 90 degrees, instead of flat on its back. And has a few Sv-51-ish bits in the transformation. But overall, it's a "new" VF-1, kinda like the VF-0 is, and VF-11 was.

I want the FULL armor mainly because I feel that's the VF-25's defining characteristic. How so?

That and Kawamori specifically designed the 25 to be slender for the armor.

I wonder if the FA will come with spring loaded missiles...Lol. What would really be cool is if each armor part is spring loaded so it pops off like in the anime. Lol.

Eh..I could do without that...springloaded missle hatches would be nice though.

Hmmmn. If the "real" VF-25 was designed to be slender so as to look better in full armor---does the "not as slender" Bandai VF-25 imply armor won't come? (or if it does, it'll be so bulky it'll look weird)

Hmmmn. If the "real" VF-25 was designed to be slender so as to look better in full armor---does the "not as slender" Bandai VF-25 imply armor won't come? (or if it does, it'll be so bulky it'll look weird)

I've considered this as a possibility. It is why I was more interested in super parts but after ep.14 I want armor parts just as bad, even if it ends up bulky.

Not in the show, in action at least, just in magazines. In episode 14 we see it in the hangar but Ozma isn't using it, just staring at it and talking to Bobby.

We also also see him eject in ep 3, when most of his armour was written off by a Lobster.

We also also see him eject in ep 3, when most of his armour was written off by a Lobster.

He only ejects the boosters and that was actually Super parts he had on in episode 3, only time he has done that. It was the closest we have come to seeing Ozma's valk without armor. I really want to see some naked VF-25S action!

Btw.. in the news form Azreal posted some stuff from some sites that said the color pics of the 1/60 VF-25 with have been seeing are indeed prototype pics still. So anyone who is still worried, don't be, we still have not seen the final product.

Edited by Master Dex

Eh...despite using those in an awesome manner in that episode, I usually associate Alto with the Super armor, which he almost always uses. I'm getting heavy armor for Ozma.

I would agree. While it looked nice Alto is best with Super. I think Ozma looks good with Super too but we are used to him in armor and he is good with it.

Check out mahq.net for some images of the Macross Frontier mech if haven't already.

You can also go to Mr March's Macross Mecha Manual.

Ivanov shat himself when roy used the reactive armor. Anti-UN had the speed and head start while the UNG had the armor. If Roy was wearing the armor in space war I against the qrau maybe he would still be alive?

The next step in macross battroid evolution is to have a Full Armor with a ghost booster attached to it. Ghost X 9 can do all the risky stuff (able to fly at high speed and do risky attacks) before you go in proper with the Armor. Then after that, you have transformable unmanned ghosts with a remote version of the brainwave control system. (ie the macross answer to the mospeada legios and tread.) You can do all the things guld could do in his yf-21 but without eyeballs popping out since you are not inside the drone :D. Gundam had the psychic communication idea, and the "mobile doll" so macross can have drones controlled by your brain. Of course it requires lots of concentration and there are side effects so it is used sparingly.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Ivanov shat himself when roy used the reactive armor. Anti-UN had the speed and head start while the UNG had the armor. If Roy was wearing the armor in space war I against the qrau maybe he would still be alive?

The next step in macross battroid evolution is to have a Full Armor with a ghost booster attached to it. Ghost X 9 can do all the risky stuff (able to fly at high speed and do risky attacks) before you go in proper with the Armor. Then after that, you have transformable unmanned ghosts with a remote version of the brainwave control system. (ie the macross answer to the mospeada legios and tread.) You can do all the things guld could do in his yf-21 but without eyeballs popping out since you are not inside the drone :D. Gundam had the psychic communication idea, and the "mobile doll" so macross can have drones controlled by your brain. Of course it requires lots of concentration and there are side effects so it is used sparingly.

Lol for sure, although i can't see him shooting down Q-Rau any easier in that armour, probably less of a chance not having fighter mode. :p

BUT he would still be alive! :D X-9... lol would there be anything left to kill after it went through??? 0_*

X-9 is a killer.

I'd like in the next series or later parts of the Frontier saga have the Macross 2 drone system. You know, like R-Types bits or ThunderForce's(Rynex) claws.

Or even better a thunder sword..................................... OVERKILL! heaps of things Mr K can do to max out the valks to take on those Gundamers.

Already i believe any Valk (Plus and post plus can out fly a gundam even if it's Zexx) but for the power.... Need energy weapons.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Well I figure the two new things in this series are the ex gear, and the transforming with armor on.

So I think a ghost booster using BCS would be the right balance for a heavy battroid with armor on it. So let's say you are in a bulky and slow vf. And you would need to get more ammo when your gunpod ran out. You would send the transforming drone at high speed to find more ammo lying around while you are busy fighting. It would be like a dog to fetch your slippers which can run faster than you. All kinds of hand carried weapons could be grabbed by the transforming drone and brought to you quickly when your own weapon runs dry. Instead of having to fly for miles just use weapons that you find along the way. This is why I think a macross destroid side story should be done to show how mecha with limits can survive for long periods with no support; just using the environment to their advantage and having help from drones.

Remember that despite the Qrau being more fast, in a confined space max could beat miria more easily. Being "fast" isn't everything if speed isn't a big factor in a fight with little space to fly around in.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Honestly did Bandai really have to pose the VF-25 in such an awkward position? I think this thing is still prototype as the material still looks like resin. I hope we receive some more official photos with better poses than this.

Edited by SuperHobo

if that's the final, I have to say I'm still not impressed. The basic proportion problems I had with the first resin shots are still there. And I'm guessing that the whole shoulder area wasn't transformed correctly.

i doubt it's the final though, considering it's not even standing on it's own.

If that's the final version, then Bandai hasn't progressed that much in valkyrie making. It still has that massive chunky look with funky proportions.

I'm really hoping that that is not the final version and is still just a prototype.

If that is the final version and this is what Bandai will be releasing to Macross Frontier fans, I'll wait the necessary amount of time for the license to be up for grabs. I've waited over a decade to get a good representation of the YF-19, I can wait for a good representation of the VF-25.