Bandai Macross Frontier toys thread

valhary

These are too nice to pass up. The heads still appear a bit funny, but I hope the end result is well worth it.

Does anyone know if Bandai will produce their own version of the Konig Monster? I just really like the scheme.

Is it just me, or do those heads actually look fake (especially the Ozma)? Like they were just drawn in. Weird :wacko:

Edited by Raptor One

these look good~

I agree with the image being slightly off and I'm thinking it probably is the painting on a prototype that looks a bit matte.

I hope their final polishing is good and QC free.

Really looking forward to these.

Are they supposed to fold in, retract like zeros or stay in place? Do we even know?

I think the transformation is really similar to the VF-0, look at the attached picture

post-2094-1215047655_thumb.jpg

Edited by Priss!

With the Zero, SV-51, and now the VF-25, it doesn't seem like Kawamori is a big fan of folding/sliding hands anymore.

Maybe he looks at it from the design standpoint of "it'd be more efficient and faster to transform realistically if the hands were already available". Wouldn't it suck if your RL transforming mecha got something stuck in its gearing and didn't have hands to hold anything? :p

That was the reasoning for having the head mounted up on the top of the fighter body, wasn't it, supposedly?

I agree, the hands are not designed to fold in or slide away, they just tuck in neatly for fighter mode. I've seen enough pictures and studied enough of the underside of the 25 to tell that is most likely the case. I study underside pics like that because I am in a never ending quest to understand how transformations and stuff like that work until I know for sure by having it in my hands or seeing a detailed transformation. I spent a lot of time before I finally decided how the arms of the VF-25 fold away in fighter mode, it really is simple it turns out, but I made it hard before I figured it out.

I know it's a minor point, but I think this toy would look sooo much better if just the antennae weren't so far apart. I believe that's the main thing that makes this toy look not so well designed, even though the engineering behind it is fantastic.

Details guys, details.

post-917-1215062516_thumb.jpg

I know it's a minor point, but I think this toy would look sooo much better if just the antennae weren't so far apart.

I think you're right. I think the slight change in distance between the lasers actually makes a huge difference visually. Good catch there.

I think you're right. I think the slight change in distance between the lasers actually makes a huge difference visually. Good catch there.

Well, I think the lasers are wider spaced because everything is wider now. It looks like to make the head wider and not as tall, they made the fuselage wider and since the lasers need to lie alongside the spine, those were affected as well.

UN Spacy, i'd love to, got some extra cash? :D

and i saiiiiddd.... THEY LOOKS CHEAP!

But i'll probably buy them anyways, i'm sure the mechanism for transformation will not be cheap..... or should i worry?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I know it's a minor point, but I think this toy would look sooo much better if just the antennae weren't so far apart. I believe that's the main thing that makes this toy look not so well designed, even though the engineering behind it is fantastic.

Details guys, details.

post-917-1215062516_thumb.jpg

yup, moving them closer makes a lot of difference. still wondering though if they should be parallel to each other rather than diverging?

now, someone please help me because i'm starting to see a kermit the frog smile on that VF-25 head. i almost did not pre-order the tomahawk because of the same reasons. miriya, this is all your fault!! :angry::lol:

I wish I knew what Valk Alto was gonna ultimately end up with. I'm betting either Ozma's or another S-type with his red colors like in DYRL?.

-Kyp

So the numbers are on that Alto will get a new Valk, and Ozma goes like Focker?

Is there really belief that Frontier will follow Macross's seam?

Damn, there goes hoping Ranka gets eaten by a Zentradi. :lol:

Mmm... I'd dearly like one of these... does anyone know if Bandai are planning on producing waterslide / dry transfers rather than stickers for their collectors' toys, like the Yamato ones that are supposed to be about soon?

now, someone please help me because i'm starting to see a kermit the frog smile on that VF-25 head.

Ozuma has the better head turret. Just like with Roy's VF-1s, people will buy ozuma first I bet. He knows all the secrets, just like with roy who was the first to use the VF. You should always start with the guy who flew it first.

Mmm... I'd dearly like one of these... does anyone know if Bandai are planning on producing waterslide / dry transfers rather than stickers for their collectors' toys, like the Yamato ones that are supposed to be about soon?

I don't have any Bandai toys, collector or otherwise with stickers. Everything is either painted or stamped onto the toy like Transformers.

Stickers will be very unlikely on the DX versions; they'll probably be fairly festooned with paint and printing. The models will likely have a mixture of dry transfers and thin stickers instead of waterslides, with maybe a foil sticker or two for the camera visors.

When these things actually enter the finalized, painted stage (these are definitely photoshops of a blank model. There are tells all over the images), they'll look anything but cheap, I'm sure, even though price-wise they're definitely cheap by comparison to the alternatives :lol:

With the Zero, SV-51, and now the VF-25, it doesn't seem like Kawamori is a big fan of folding/sliding hands anymore.

Maybe he looks at it from the design standpoint of "it'd be more efficient and faster to transform realistically if the hands were already available". Wouldn't it suck if your RL transforming mecha got something stuck in its gearing and didn't have hands to hold anything? :p

That was the reasoning for having the head mounted up on the top of the fighter body, wasn't it, supposedly?

Well, in an interview around the time of M-zero Kawamori confessed that instead of designing mecha he was designing toys

where easy toymanufacturing was placed ahead of looks

Hmmm... <_< Those shoulder joints appear too stick out a bit too much. On the show and the plastic kit it's not that bad... I wonder why they got it wrong...

They do stick out a bit but it'll probably look better if they were posed angled up.

Bandai loves to make things chunky.

They're trying to balance anime accurate looks while making the toy durable and fun to pose, if the figure is too thin its possible it'll be fragile and floppy. I suppose there is a way of making the figure more durable though while maintaining a more anime accurate look by adding in ratchet joints within the legs and arms, also adding a bit of metal to support joints that hold the arms and legs would help alot. This of course would increase cost but cmon, adults are collecting these things not kids. The least they could do is slim down the chest a bit.

But hey so far im satistied with what ive seen but they could do better.

Yeah I will end up buying one. But do you like the look of the model more than this?

I wonder if they could have used the model's look but upscaled to 1/60 without affecting durability?

I do prefer the more slim looks of the bandai model but the DX version still looks really good. As long as its pretty close to an accurate representation im ok with it.