Bandai Macross Frontier toys thread

valhary

bandai for sure!

old chunky monkey style is cooler! simple and won't easily encounter loose joint...

but yamato best with details

hem... :wacko:

I think in the past, Bandai made their best, trying to cast the figures we always wanted in our hands. They created standards in QC, today are the minimal a consumer demands.

Then Yamato and Toynami took previous jobs an ideas, and remastered them, giving up a much expensive and delicate toy.

I agree with you about joints, Bandai designs rude toys, for a long last.

I hope if they make a konig monster it can beat the yamato one in terms of looks and how you can have the cannon pointed forward in battroid mode. Also limbs with ratchets and stiffness.

I would settle for: just transforms properly. I hate the yamato konig.. floppy POS and the fact that shuttle mode is broken by design is just laughable.

My Koenig stays in Gerwalk. I would like to have more detail on the arm cannons, actual tube...not a black dot, and the mini-gun on the nose.

I think it should have more weight, heavier plastic or some diecast. The Yamato version does not fell very Monster-like.

The prototype valk being zoomed by the Master is a good sign that it will not be floppy.

Only a couple of days til' the new issues of Hobby Japan & Dengeki Hobby come out. Hopefully, we'll get some new progress pics and release dates for the Frontier toys.

Ya' know, I was thinking today it would be great if Bandai released some Frontier gashapon toys. Not, because I really like or want gashapons, but just beacuse it would be so cool to be able to walk into a 7-11 and see Frrontier toys in their gashapon machines, instead of the same old Gundam and Eva stuff.

Graham

Totally yeah. In fact i'm looking forward to the character figure line. Should be interesting! :)

Once they get started (bandai) it won't stop.

I'm afraid we might be up for some big bucks with merchandising of the new series!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Only a couple of days til' the new issues of Hobby Japan & Dengeki Hobby come out. Hopefully, we'll get some new progress pics and release dates for the Frontier toys.

Ya' know, I was thinking today it would be great if Bandai released some Frontier gashapon toys. Not, because I really like or want gashapons, but just beacuse it would be so cool to be able to walk into a 7-11 and see Frrontier toys in their gashapon machines, instead of the same old Gundam and Eva stuff.

Graham

Gashapon machines at 7-11!!! Man I live in the wrong area of the frickin' planet. :lol::lol::lol:

(Also posted in the Frontier news thread)

Well, I just picked up the new June 08 issues of both Hobby Japan magazine and Dengeki Hobby magazine (out today) and there is absolutely no new news on the Bandai Macross Frontier toys and models. :(

The last time any new photos were shown was back in March at Wonder Festival & Tokyo Anime Fair. I was hoping Bandai would have a product update by now.

The only Frontier news in the magazine is some info about the Frontier DVD/BR-disc and small pictures of Luca and Mikhail's battroids, of which larger pics are on the official Frontier site now anyway.

Graham

been looking through this thread and a question came up.

do you guys think that the mecha designer(s) and engineers already have the toy in mind once the fighter is established in the beginning? is the artistic form trimmed down a bit due to engineering limitations because marketing has toys in mind?

do we have a thread where members can share their valkyrie designs illustrations?

This was in the new issue of Figure Oh issue 123. More of the same stuff of recent.

The article mentions that he was particularly drawn by the "palm-sized" model of a Valkyrie. Then an interesting quote from Kawamori in the article. He says he likes small-size models (considers them 'cute') and that he'd like to have a small-size Valkyrie model even if it means not being perfect transformation (ie. parts exchange).

Hmmm... 1/144 VF-25 kits?

The article also mentions something about the metal presses for the "SDF Macross series" being revised for a re-release of the kits. Hmm.. another run of the old Arii/Imai kits?

Edited by Vifam7

...Ya' know, I was thinking today it would be great if Bandai released some Frontier gashapon toys. Not, because I really like or want gashapons, but just beacuse it would be so cool to be able to walk into a 7-11 and see Frrontier toys in their gashapon machines, instead of the same old Gundam and Eva stuff.

Graham

I'm all for gashapons as well, preferably made of ABS instead of PVC. Articulation would make my day; something like Bandai's Gundam Ultimate Action trading figures. In this small size, I wouldn't be too concerned about part swapping for transformation. Hell; I wouldn't even be too broken up if the small figures didn't transform. I just want tiny, poseable MF mechs that I can pose next to my SOC's and other 'bots.

Of course, I'd like the 1/60 to transform as smoothly and anime-accurately as possible! ^_^

The article mentions that he was particularly drawn by the "palm-sized" model of a Valkyrie. Then an interesting quote from Kawamori in the article. He says he likes small-size models (considers them 'cute') and that he'd like to have a small-size Valkyrie model even if it means not being perfect transformation (ie. parts exchange).

Hmmm... 1/144 VF-25 kits?

This would be sweet, but I'd still like some 1/200 (7 to 9 cm) trading figure mechs. ^_^

Gashapon machines at 7-11!!! Man I live in the wrong area of the frickin' planet. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You and me both, buddy. I guess I have to look on the bright side, though... If there were gashapon machines at every corner 7-11, my bank account would be in serious jeopardy! ;)

Well, there's some new news on the official blog, from Bandai's sato4 about the toys: -

「君は誰と監修する?」

sato4です。

「君は誰とキスをする?」

・・・って両方とに決まっているじゃないですか。ねえ?

いや~。『トライアングラー』は名曲ですね。

皆さんCD買いましたか??

商品情報大変お待たせしております。

特にVF-25の商品化、なかなか進捗状況をお伝えできてませんが、もう少し待っていて下さいね。

河森正治さんとの監修はバシバシ進んでいるのですが、修正指示もバシバシ頂いております(泣)。

制作業務でお忙しい中、無理矢理時間を作って頂いてるので、ウチの開発スタッフも河森さんの本気に応えるべく必死です。

皆さんのお手元に満足できる商品を届けられるよう日々頑張ってますので、どうぞ応援よろしくお願いします。

ファミレスで監修作業♪

いや~。『トライアングラー』は良いなぁ。

あ、さっきも書いたか。

ではでは。

by sato4(BANDAI)

Google translation:

"You who supervises?"

sato4.

"You have no one to kiss?"

・・・It and of course, do not you both? Huh?

- No. TORAIANGURA is the most popular songs.

CD you just bought? ?

With great patience and product information.

In particular, the commercialization of VF-25, but did not made progress on the website, please wait a little more.

Kawamori Masaharu, who supervises the BASHIBASHI is going on, but also modify the instructions. BASHIBASHI We (泣).

Production during the busy work, time to make our force, so UCHI development staff to meet Kawamori's earnest struggle.

We'll provide satisfactory products, so as you work hard every day, feel free to cheer us.

Supervisor work in FAMIRESU ♪

- No. The good is TORAIANGURA am.

Oh, I wrote a while ago?

Does not.

by sato4 (BANDAI)

If I'm reading this right, it sounds like Kawamori has told them to change a lot of stuff, which is causing delays.

This is to be expected, as Kawamori is something of a perfectionist and from my experience with Yamato, I know that Kawamori always asks for lots of changes, which often causes delays.

Graham

Good to see SK is working closely with Bandai. He won't let a crap product go into production that's for sure.

Well then where was he when Bandai did the Macross 7 Valkyries??

Well, there's some new news on the official blog, from Bandai's sato4 about the toys: -

Google translation:

If I'm reading this right, it sounds like Kawamori has told them to change a lot of stuff, which is causing delays.

This is to be expected, as Kawamori is something of a perfectionist and from my experience with Yamato, I know that Kawamori always asks for lots of changes, which often causes delays.

Graham

I disagree. Kawamori forgot to ask for better plastic everytime! And Graham, we all know that the people at Yamato are hopelessly S L O W (nearly a decade of subpar products tell us that), please tell Yamato not to blame Kawamori for the changes he wants.

When Kawamori puts his foot down it's usually for a good cause.

I know some Transfans will disagree with me though.

I can see why. He didn't really do a satisfactory design job with the MP03 and the THS-02 Prime.

Edited by Beware of Blast

Wha?? THS Prime is awesome too! I'm no hardcore TF fan, but I loved them both. I was shocked at the colours he chose for MP3 SS at first, but I prefer them to the "real" show colours. And what was wrong with THS Prime other than the cab mode (which I agree is a bit pants)?.

Yeah i hope they do a good job. Better be better than the latest Gundam 00 HCM Pros I got as a present dammit.

I guess every company has it's quirks and none are infallible. (That's what most people like to think. :rolleyes:)