Bandai Macross Frontier toys thread

valhary

This is great news indeed!!! So it looks like they are making the 1/60 perfect Transformation VF-25 and then I'm guessing 1/72 fighter and Battroid models???? ala hasegawa?

Chris

Man, what a great time to be a Macross fan...this is going to be one of the very best years ever. Well, I guess Graham's sig is gonna come true after all, it just won't be by Yamato but rather Bandai. :lol: And I'm sure a VF-171 isn't too far off either. ;)

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

I don't understand why some are whining about one company or another making MacF toys and presuming one will suck and other won't. Every toy company has had it's bombs and successes. Never did understand the whole company loyalty thing. I take everything case by case, toy by toy, using my own set of standards.

Mainly because of history.

Gundam is Bandai's "bread and butter" line. They've made most of their money on providing merchandise for that show. Everytime they've sponsored a Macross show, they tend to produce a weak effort in terms of toys and model kits that are inferior to the Yamato and Hasegawa brands who typically sponsor the smaller Macross productions.

Mac 7 had a series of 1/144 scale model kits and 1/60 scale poorly designed toys. When one compares what Bandai CAN produce in their Gundam lines to the what they HAVE produced for Macross lines the quality differences are very apparent. This has been the case even back in the 80's with SDFM. The Bandai's "transforming" Valkyrie was poorly sculpted compared to the Hasegawa produced "single mode" versions of the same subject.

Today, with transforming large scale toys, there is no longer a market for transforming model kits, and we all hope Bandai abandons the notion that the market wants them and produces high quality fighter and battroid kits that rival the quality of their Gundam line and the Hasegawa lines.

Man, what a great time to be a Macross fan...this is going to be one of the very best years ever. Well, I guess Graham's sig is gonna come true after all, it just won't be by Yamato but rather Bandai. :lol: And I'm sure a VF-171 isn't too far off either. ;)

-Kyp

There's lineart of the 171 and the Koenig Monster in Hobby Japan or Dengeki... 1/60 DX Chogokin Monster??? possibly... lol.

I guess I should change the name of the thread now that it's official. I suspect we'll need a whole new thread once the actual pics come out.

While it's good news that we are getting some VF-25 toys and in the same scale as Yamato toys, I really hope that Bandai is going to release more than just the VF-25. I'm going to be really, really pissed if they don't release a VF-171 toy.

And it's obviously going to be quite a while until we see these 1/60 VF-25 toys, as that sculpt is really early stage.

Graham

While it's good news that we are getting some VF-25 toys and in the same scale as Yamato toys, I really hope that Bandai is going to release more than just the VF-25. I'm gooing to be really, really pissed if they don't release a VF-171 toy.

Graham

I agree. I really like the 171 and I hope they make the one with the top randome like the elintseeker too.

It is an expensive time to be a macross collector! Althoguh I do hope that they release the VF-25 with armor, and the color variants and the VF-171 and recon version, I hope that they give at least a month between each release so that I can try to afford them all! Then there are all the Revoltechs, the Yamatos (which I still have not caught up on current releases), and everything else. Man it is getting really expensive! I do hope that CMS does another figure line but that will just be more money!!!! Crap!

1/60! o_00000000000000000000000000000!!!!!!!

Well, if what your implying/hinting/throwing into the wind G-Man is any truth heh! :D SOC though, so win win WIN!

Welcome to the party, pal! [/Die Hard] :lol:

Graham already said that he wasn't hinting at Bandai subcontracting Yamato, he was just saying that it was odd that they decided to go with 1/60.

Graham also said that based on the sculpts being in the very rough early stages means that we won't be seeing these for a long while. So I'd say we probably won't even get to preorder these until very late this year if at all.

-Kyp

Welcome to the party, pal! [/Die Hard] :lol:

Graham already said that he wasn't hinting at Bandai subcontracting Yamato, he was just saying that it was odd that they decided to go with 1/60.

Graham also said that based on the sculpts being in the very rough early stages means that we won't be seeing these for a long while. So I'd say we probably won't even get to preorder these until very late this year if at all.

-Kyp

lol all this happens in the last few days of no internet time for me, and i'm like... lol

Finally. The only thing that could top this is news that bandai are going to make LEgioss and TREAD combo from mospeada to take on CMs, toynami, beagle, aoshima etc. :D

I would really doubt that happening. So it probably will!

-Kyp

I'm EXTREMELY happy that they're keeping with the same scale as the Yamato ones... don't know whose idea was that but I bet it was the best decision for both Yamato and Bandai.

And regarding the release dates, Bandai isn't usually late with the toys, here's an example:

Macross 7 TV: October 1994

1/65 VF-19k: February 1995 (4 months)

1/65 VF-17D/S: June 1995 (8 months)

Aquarion TV: April 2005

Aquarion DX Chogokin: September 2005 (5 months)

BUT... the prototype in the pic looks at a very early stage. Hopefully that was just something for display and we can expect the first VF-25 around Sept / Oct ... :)

And yes, I also hope they release the VF-171 ^_^