What Lead U 2 MW?

Roy Focker

Well in my case looking for robotech pics, bringing back my childhood memories and then I discovered the shocking truth about the macross universe when I found macrossworld in 2001 more or less. But I'm in the forums since 2006 (I'm a lazy guy :p )

Found it through search in Fall 2000. I always wanted to know the difference or the connection and other many question I had between RT, Macross, SC & Mospeada cuz I saw Mac-P and DYRL in summer 96.

When I came across here ... I was right or I felt that RT was scrap and those wonderful 1/55 pics here.

Anyway I`d really like to thank Shawn and Graham for this only true Macross site.

PS. I knew the name Macross from Bandai`s Strike VF-1S in 87.

Edited by Black Valkyrie

I came through a link from Valkyrie Factory during a bored day in college. That was like 6 years ago methinks O_o

Kinda miss the days of MW when all we had was old chunky Monkeys from the past. Now we all have new toys so everyone can be in the cool kids club :lol: Any of you remember the 1500 dollar elints? O_o

Edited by Duymon

I think I stumbled in here just around the time I got Internet access back after a couple of years (graduated university, couldn't afford a computer) as a result of a fairly random google search. That would be around the time that the Toycom VF's had just been announced. I remember the early discussion whetted my appetite about the possibility of actually owning a VF-19. (Amusingly I still don't actually have a proper -19, just a Bandai 19Kai I bought a few years back. Must do something about that one of these days). I lurked on the forums for a loong time, and have only recently started posting. Yeah, I'll sit down now and quit hogging the mike so someone with something to say that is actually worth listening to can say it.

Karl

Found this place through a Yahoo! search back in the day. I think I started uni around that time as well. I found MW just before they upgraded to Invisionboard. I registered, but didn't get activated, but that was all fixed when the new boards came up. I particularly liked the Funny 1/48 VF-1 Thread pics back then.

I became a fan of Robotech only via the Palladium Role Playing games which I played along with others as a 4th grader way back when... and didn't have any idea about Macross until some time later...when I got around to watching Macross Plus... but I was still unclear...

I think I found this board a few years ago; and just began lurking and learning - didn't want to join as a newbie because I didn't like seeing how aggrivated people would get at Newbies who wrote things about the Invid and what not...

Anyways - finally joined after feeling myself sufficiently versed in the topics.

VFTF1

I became interested in Macross back in '84, but I was a kid with no money and living where cool Macross merchandise, like the Takatoku Valkyries, was few and far between. Then, years later when I had money and could import from Japan, a friend linked me to an article here (I think a review) of the 1/60 Yamato Valkyries that were just coming out at the time, and I've been here ever since.

Add me to the list of guys who came here via the Valkyrie exchange. Came here looking for more pictures of the the Yamato (then Toycom) YF-19 during the summer of 2000. Lurked on the forums for a few months when they launched at the end of 2000 and finnally got sucked in and joined at the begining of 2001.

Learned about Yamato Valkyries coming out somehow or the other... found valkyrie-exchange.com and from there found here.

Well, I was a Transformers/Gundam fan who became very bored with the franchises. Then, I got into robotech searching for something new after vaguely remembering it as a child (I remember owning a 1/55 1S as a child) and bought all the MPC's, DVD's, etc. Then, after getting REALLY sick of the elitist @$$holes on that site, I began looking for new sites to call home. That's how I found this site. After joining, I learned of the differences between RT and Macross, and how much of an inferior product RT was. So I'm actually very indebted to this site. The funny thing is I've been an anime fan for a really long time, and have owned Macross Plus forever (since it was out on VHS in the mid-late 90's) and never made the connection between Plus, Macross, and RT. I guess I have a lot of people to thank on here for educating me, and showing me that there was a lot more to the Macross universe, like Yamato stuff (although given the cost I'm not sure if it's a blessing or curse).

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I think it was well after the release of Yamato's first Macross Plus lineup.

Yamato was close to releasing the 1/60 VF-1's when I finally found out about MW.

I was Googling for more infomation and found out about the old MW boards.

This is almost like a second home to me.

Back in 2001, I found that one of the art directors that worked on a tv series that I was also working on, was a huge Macross fan. I brought in 2 pieces of my collection to show him and he in turn, turned me on to MW. I was a site/forum lurker since 2001 and finally joined this past year. ^_^

I was doing searches for macross and robotech toys long ago and happened to stumble acrossed it. Though it took me a couple of years to find my way to the forums, i just stayed around the main pages drooling over toys and models that i couldn't have or afford. Thank god for yamato for making dreams come true

I dont know if it was 98 or 99 but I wondered if there was a story that continued the macross saga from robotech. I stumbled on egan loos website and macross 7 page dedicated to max and milia. clicking link after link I found Macross World. Thank you Shawn and Graham for giving us a community for us macross fans to learn more about the series and interact with eachother. ^_^ if Shawn or Graham are in Culver City, CA the drinks are on me!

• 2 weeks later...

just shortly after macross world stared i was searching around looking to see what kind of models were available for the macross universe as i had just started modeling and could only find the old 1/100's. I came upon macrossworlds models section and the rest is history.

of course this was before hasegawa entered the scene..

Animeigos release of SDF:Macross got me searching on the internet for all things Macross. I am guessing it was google that took me to the SDF:Macross / Macross Plus DVD box set thread. I thought those boxes were awesome. I didnt register right away, but I have been reading ever since.

edit: Looking back at my post history, it seems like I registered because I felt compelled to give Yamato all my money. And its all your fault!

Edited by Gwynne

Another Googler.

I'm not a "new" Macross fan but am another Old-Schooler via Robotech. Always liked/loved Macross best of that bunch. I've also watched Plus and II but keep coming back again and again to the original (SDF1 & DYRL).

Maybe I should change my name to Macross_forever. :p

I can't remember the first time I stumbled upon this site. It was either in late 1999 or early 2000. I had already been frequenting the Valkyrie Exchange website and was already swapping e-mails and buying stuff from Kevin. I think he one time around then posted a link or two to here because either Graham or Shawn had posted some prototype pics of the Yamato/Toycom YF-19. As 2000 progressed, I came here to MW more and more delving into all the stuff that Shawn had posted on here and was just entralled. Sometime during either the spring or summer I finally e-mailed Shawn and had quite a few conversations with him.

After having been on AFM for just a week or two and maybe posting a few things to the old MW message board, Shawn launched the full blown forum as it exists today in early December 2000. I was like the #6 person to sign on. :)

Hard to believe it's been 7 years already since all this fun and excitement started. Hard to believe for me that I've been using my Apollo Leader alias for that long, too. Pretty much use that name for pretty much all my online activies (ie. other message boards/forums, Xbox Live, etc.). The 10 year anniversary will be here faster then we'll think. :p

Though I don't post nearly as often as I did in those early days or hang out in as many sections of this forum as much as I use to, I am on here about every single day and usually several times a day. Besides our Macross fandom, it helps that a lot of us have other similar interests and tastes (ie. video games, aviation, other movie and animation genres).

Guess we'll see what happens as the 10 year anniversary rolls around. Maybe this whole legal mess with Big West/Tatsunoko/Harmony Gold will finally be settled....okay, I'm not holding my breath on that one. :)

i've always wanted to see macross after my friend had me watch his vhs tape of dyrl. i remember him tellin' me, rick's real name is hikaru. about 4 or 5 years ago, i googled macross and macrossworld is the first site that comes up. i've been here alot but i've used to look at the yamato valk toys all of the time and scroll though and see how many macross video games have been released. i even looked at the bootleg toys and video games section. i've finally made an account so that i can post on the forum.