What Lead U 2 MW?

Roy Focker

i can't remember who exactly but someone ever at the RT site linked me to this place because i was asking about the best valk toy and the RT mods weren't having any yamato talk on the boards at the time.

from there, i met up with tom64ss and he took me to a anime shop around us(back when he lived in NJ)packed full of yammies. years have passed since, and thousands of dollars later i'm still here. :)

Way back I found MW while looking for more info on the Macross Universe. I got introduced to Macross Plus in 95 and found MW around the time of the announcements of the Toycom Macross Plus valkyries. Damn HG, damn them! :angry: I lurked for a while before joining.

I always liked Macross from back in my big "anime watchin'" days in college and one day in the late '90s early '00s I just started using dogpile to search for Macross stuff. Kind of an "out of the blue" thing.

I found my way onto MW but didn't join or post until like very late 2000 or 2001. Truthfully I lurked so long and suddenly came into the light was because the other message board that I spent all my time at switched over to private membership and it's discussions dried up and, let's face it, I needed something I liked to talk about while I goofed off at work. B))

Now I own my own "shop" and when I'm not telling my minions what to do I'm on here keeping you slugs in line. :ph34r::p

Totally random. Been a Macross fan since I was a youngin', got reintroduced during the Macross Plus era and some time in 6+ years ago I was searching the net for Macross information and came here. I never even knew when Macross World began and only found out about it's history a year back or so. I think it was in a thread similar to this one. I still find it hard to believe I was one of the first people here; I could have sworn MW had been around for years before I stopped by. Strangest thing.

I think the first thing I ever searched for on the internet (this was back in '95-'96) was Robotech, so I've always kinda kept my eye on the fandom presence on the web. When MW first started up I didn't join because I was involved with Robotech fandom and the guys here had a reputation of being apefaces, hah. Then I kind of stopped being interested in anime as I was in high school and more interested in chasing girls. Macross Zero came out when I was a freshman and as I started getting more interested in Macross again I signed up.

Funnily enough, last night I realized that this January will mark the 5th year of me posting here on MW and I'm not even one of the old timers. Funny how time flies...

I found out about Macross World while searching the Internet about anything regarding Macross Plus. I watched Macross Plus for the first time in 1999, 2000 and two weeks ago I decided to make a research on it on Youtube. So I found the OVA and movie version of Macross Plus and watched them. I was so pleased after seeing Macross Plus again that I decided to make a research on it on Wikipedia. On Wikipedia, not only I found out about the whole Macross universe, but I also found out about Macross World. Some people are saying that Wikipedia sucks, but Wikipedia is fine for me.

Thanks Wikipedia. ^_^

Edited by Macross007

i was a big fan of RT in the 80s and macross plus in the 90s. my bro got me the macross plus game edition back in 2000 for christmas. in it were fliers for the first yamato toys, the 1/72 mac plus valks. i did a search online for more info on yamato valks and found my way to this site. i lurked the site for news a long time before i finally started posting.

Edited by cyde01

I had bumped into this site looking for VF-1's pictures but at the time found it sorta hard to navigate, about a year later I was researching about the best VF-1 toys and was drooling over the Toynami MPC VF-1's until I bumped back here researching after about my randomly acquired Yamato 1/60 VF-1S and if it was better than the MPC's and haven't looked back after that...

also managed to learned abour the inmense difference between Robotech and Macross althougth I did knew they were to shows apart

Macross fan who was part of the resistance at Robotech.com in late 2001. Millia Jenius mentioned this place in one thread and I cheked it out. Never went back to the RT forums. Lurked for about six months until I finally joined, but I've never been much of a poster. I remember I used to discuss with Edo Andromedo C about Final Fantasy VII and Digimon Adventure, though. Jeez, I feel old remembering that ^_^

Add another MW convert from a link from Kevin and Valkyrie Exchange's website.

If I remember it correctly, it was a link for the Toynami MPC Alphas (I know :rolleyes: ). Lurked for a few years, got better educated on Macross, and finally registered when I finally got a digital camera. It's been a fun, informative, insightful, and dare I say educational experience.

I came here looking for CHICKS! Years later have yet to find many.

Actually I found this site in search of info for the 1/55s. I would stare at the galleries of toys here, Valkyrie Scramble, Valkyrie Factory, Jawjaw's site, and this is around the time Toycom announced their Macross plus valks. To be honest, I think the essence of the 1/55 led the majority of us to Macrossworld.

Bought Yamato's original YF-21 and it had floppy tail fins, so I tried to find information online. Ran into Kevin's Valkyrie-Exchange and started to bug him about the stuff. One thing led to another and I found myself here.

Good story? Nah but you asked...

Like many others, I too found my way here from ye olde Valkrie Exchange. I believe I was looking for places to pre-order the original Yamato Macross Plus VFs, before their North American distribution was nixed.