Twin CF VF-1A's 1/72 Hasegawa's

Grayson72

Well after a month of weekends I finally finished the twins. This was my first real attempt at panel shading (I may have gone a bit overboard though). I also tried some new techniques on the winglights as well. I'm pretty happy with the way they came out and together they look like they could kick some as (well for the 15 seconds they were alive anyway :lol: ).

You may ask "why two"? I thought it would look cool and they will make my ultimate diorama more realistic anyway.

Here they are together:

post-3-1066791970_thumb.jpg

Edited by Grayson72

Here's the wing light technique I mentioned, I had to drill it out with a micro drill and then paint the inside of it with a tiny brush. Makes it kinda look like there's a bulb in there.

Kinda of silly for such a small detail but I wanted to at least try it once

post-3-1066792437_thumb.jpg

AWESOME!!! well done grayson. I would think that you are right about the panel shading..but since this suckers, in the TV series, get blown up that easily and are constantly in use and getting dirty they fit just fine..nice contrast with theit white counterpart...

Hey thanks for the kudos guys,

hellohikaru: I've actually got that kit, I have all the Hasegawa's now I have to decide which one to build next.

Monkey-N: Heh, I have 4 built now, only 64 left to go and that's just the Macross models I have another 50 or so to build for the diorama, like buildings and support vehicles.

DemonPlay: This was the first time I've tried the trick with the wingtips. If you've ever seen these kits in real life you'll know how tiny a detail it really is. I'm glad you liked it.

Diorama: Well what can say, I'm at the accumulate the right parts phase I'd say I'm 50% there, I don't wanna go into too much detail right now cuz it's not started but think big, really big.

I wanna create my own website that features the diorama, anyone know a good web creation software and recomendation for free webhosting?

Thanks,

Grayson72

Edited by Grayson72

Wow fantastic!!!

Hey Grayson, your stuff is really comming along - I love the CF colours, hmm... maybe I should do one someday - I must admit, I hadn't thought of doing them since I was kind of fixed on doing at least one of all the box art covers :p

Your's turned out great!! Man!, those wing tip lights are tiny! you're crazy :p The exhaust cones turned out great. I tend to agree the post shading is a bit on the heavy side, you could lighten them up by masking (with post it notes - unless the decals are properly sealed under a thick clear coat) at some of the panel lines and lightly spraying a lighter tan colour from front to graduated towards the rear of the plane. It would tend to wear the panels a bit, vary the tan shading, and lighten up the dark post shading. Look to the desert storm vehicles for inspiration.

Thanks for sharing, keep up the great work!! :D

hey grayson! thats really kool! those 2 look really nice 2gether, u've made me wanna do the same! hehe, and that panel line shading/weathering what ever you wanna call it looks fantastic! i'm a bit nervous about my first go at it and i'm putting it off for my models :unsure:

but i'll get some guts soon hopefully!

nice 1 again!!

-Tage

Absolutely beautiful. I'm a particular fan of the CF for some reason (something deep in my psyche, no doubt) and these are some gorgeous examples.

Keep us updated on that diorama....