Macross 25th Anniversary and Macross F/Frontier news thread III

azrael

Thanks for the page Graham. Great work.

New VF-25 and SV-51 nearly identical. Specially at transformation. Or at least i see it that way.

I don't like parallel universes and other time-space distortion tales for this series. I hope it goes as chronology.

By the way for whish one we accept for cannon. DYRL or Macross Saga? I have a idea for that. I think we can accept Flashbacks 2012 as canon. Because it contains movie and series and connect each other together.

You might want to do a search on the forums for a more detailed answer, but they are all canon. DYRL is viewed as a movie serialization of the events of SDF, but that much of its mechanical designs replace those of SDF. So what is "real" is essentially the storyline of SDF using DYRL designs. (for example its likely that all fighters had fast packs, and booby duck was really just a Strike Valkyrie or something). None of this changes FB2012

Got the Macross Frontier Image Page just about done. can somebody check all the thumbnails go to the correct pics please.

However, I can't figure out how to add the two You Tube clips in Dreamweaver. Just copying and pasting the embeded links in ou Tube doesn't seem to work.

Any suggestions what to add?

Graham

Try linking the videos from Stage 6. It has the trailer in Dvix format. Unfortunately the new ""Commercial" hasn't shown up yet.

http://stage6.divx.com/

You might want to do a search on the forums for a more detailed answer, but they are all canon. DYRL is viewed as a movie serialization of the events of SDF, but that much of its mechanical designs replace those of SDF. So what is "real" is essentially the storyline of SDF using DYRL designs. (for example its likely that all fighters had fast packs, and booby duck was really just a Strike Valkyrie or something). None of this changes FB2012

Ever since SK came out and said that the canon story is SDF, and the canon visuals are DYRL I figured that really it was an evolution of the two. Say at the beginning everything looks like in the series ok, the Macross, the Valks, all of it. As time goes on the Macross gets patched and more and more starts to look like the DYRL version until finally the 2012 refit comes along and the Macross gets the full make over to DYRL appearance. (which makes sense if DYRL is a movie in the continuity and they used the "real" Macross for it, no movie budget would allow them to refit or redress the macross just for the movie, and even then P&D were no longer spaceworthy. The valks also evolve then through the series, IIRC it is never stated when the Block 6 configuration gets built so it is entirely possible that when the Macross gets back to Earth that the Block 6 is in full production and many valks get replaced with them, or possibly retrofitted to the Block-6 standard. As for the Booby-Duck being a strike, I don't go for that one I think that having the supers be an evolved model is a better idea. But then until SK says so we will never know the real true canon.

Got the Macross Frontier Image Page just about done. can somebody check all the thumbnails go to the correct pics please.

However, I can't figure out how to add the two You Tube clips in Dreamweaver. Just copying and pasting the embeded links in ou Tube doesn't seem to work.

It's very rough at the moment. When I have time, I'll try to add headings for the pics.

Sorry for not crediting everybody by name, but I ddn't have time to go through the old thread to figure out who posted what.

Any suggestions what to add?

Graham

Nice! Thanks :)

Thanks for the page Graham. Great work.

New VF-25 and SV-51 nearly identical. Specially at transformation. Or at least i see it that way.

I don't like parallel universes and other time-space distortion tales for this series. I hope it goes as chronology.

By the way for whish one we accept for cannon. DYRL or Macross Saga? I have a idea for that. I think we can accept Flashbacks 2012 as canon. Because it contains movie and series and connect each other together.

Agree. It looks as if it's base on SV-51 nose cone + foot + Regular Valks rear + hand

Agree. It looks as if it's base on SV-51 nose cone + foot + Regular Valks rear + hand

From the front the VF-25 strongly reminds me of the F-18 with the smaller rounded intakes tucked underneath the forward part of the wing and the long nose cone.

Just added 13 new screen grabs to the page. Some are similar to ones already on the page, but a bit clearer. Got a good pic of the VF-25's dual head laser from the side. Sorta reminds of the head lasers on the VF-19S.

Can somebody please post a list of all the character's names again.

Graham

post-11-1196324380_thumb.png

It`s kind of sad though, knowing almost no one from the original team is involved in the 25th anniversary series.

You can't keep them all. People do move on to other things. As much as we, the fans, would want certain people on this production, I'm sure the producers would like to have certain people on board as well. But people move on to other media, other work, etc. Then you have to ask if their schedule is open for the time you need them. People like Miyatake or Itano may be called in later to overlook certain elements, but they do have other things to do BESIDES Macross.

Hi :)

Long time lurker (I've been around here since... geez, before Macross Zero...), and I wanted to register to share my enthusiam about the new Macross Frontier series :lol: That trailer just looks amazing - that's really a dream come true : I've been craving for a new Macross TV-Series ever since seeing Aquarion. I'm a huge fan of Kawamori's work, hopefully this new series will deliver B))

-Sergorn

Name list:

Shieriru Nome (Sheryl Nome)

Saotome Aruto (Saotome Alto)

Ranki Rii (Ranka Lee)

Ozuma Rii (Ozma Lee)

Kyasarin Gurasu (Catherine Glass)

Mishieru Buran (Michel Bran)

Bobii Marugo (Bobby Margo)

Kameria Berushyutein (Camellia Berstein)

Ruka Anjierooni (Luka Angeloni)

Matsuura Nanase

edit: thanks for the correction zinjo! ;) This is Macross, not Silent Hill. :p

Edited by Sumdumgai

By the way, please someone could remember me the dates and the Japanese TV channels where the Macross special TV show on december

12/23/2007 - 2:50AM (technically 12/24/2007) , MBS

12/28/2007 - 1:15AM (technically 12/29/2007) , TBS

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-...-date-announced

Thank you for the info.

Now, I am in Mexico, someone near or in Mexico knows where I can watch the Macross TV show?

Try Internet with fansubs because Macross will be broadcasted in Japan only. Or go to Japan and start learning japanese. :ph34r:

Have any of our Japan based members bought the 11/26 issue of Shonen Ace? It is supposed to feature the announcement about the Macross Frontier manga, which debuts in the 12/26 issue.

I'm just wondering if the announcement features any new pics or info?

Graham

11月27日 第413話「マクロスF」

連載が決定、12月26日発売の少年エースに

マクロス・フロンティア掲載

画像とかは載せられないので、心の目で見てください。

多分うまいはずだよ?見てね

アンケートよろしくね?

With Bablefish translation: -

November 27 Chapter 413 story "Macross F"

Serial decision to the December 26th release of the boy Ace

Macross Frontier Delivery

He will not share images, please look at the heart.

Perhaps it should be good? Look!

Hi questionnaire?

Graham

Serial decision to the December 26th release of the boy Ace

Macross Frontier Delivery

He will not share images, please look at the heart.

Perhaps it should be good? Look!

Hi questionnaire?

Sounds like only text was posted in the original article...oh well.

I'm still planning to stop by Sogo (Japanese dept store) after I get off work tonight and see if they have the November Shonen Ace. Hopefully, it won't be wrapped in plastic, so I can check for any pics.

Graham

Graham, what time will you be there? I'll come with. :rolleyes:

Sketchley, could I post your translation of the Newtype artcle on the MW Macross Frontier page, or at least post a link to your translation?

Graham

Yes. Please retain the romanizations and the note on romanization.

I'm still planning to stop by Sogo (Japanese dept store) after I get off work tonight and see if they have the November Shonen Ace. Hopefully, it won't be wrapped in plastic, so I can check for any pics.

Graham

Ah just buy the durn thing! :lol:

Seriously though I attempted to look up the artist involved and could only find vague references on Google about some of the artists anime. Has anyone found any of that artists other works??? I really don't want to try 4Chan for this... <_<