Macross 25th Anniversary and Macross F/Frontier news thread III

azrael

I doubt it. Remember the pre-Macross Zero talk? We had people saying they'd get something the day of release out and translated. Then it took months to get a decent sub. But that was released irregularly so it shouldn't be too bad this time. Although I'd hope for some Evil-Genius/Berserk like treatment I wouldn't expect it.

They're pretty good about pumping out TV series subs these days.

this is going to piss off the new guy who's MF thread just got closed... :p

Mu-hahahahaaaa!

Ah well, back onto the topic at hand - I cannot wait to see some more line art - although I'm guessing it wont be as refined as say the VF-1 or Yf-19 - or as numerous, cause it's a CG model? We didn't get too much line art at all from M; Zero - as it was also mostly CG valk action.

I'm guessing there would be more concept art floating around eh?

Macross 7 won't be relegated to anything other than what it is, nor will Plus, etc. And much like in real life, the legend of DYRL became bigger than the fact (within the series that is) of the original series. Which is why DYRL is referenced more by younger people who just weren't there.

207X AD, for the continuation of the species, Earth humans are starting on journeys to look for a new colony in every direction of the galaxy. The 11th Super Long Distance Emigration Fleet, Macross Frontier, is voyaging [navigating] in the neighbourhood of [nearby] the galactic core. The Macross Frontier is a fighting ship together with a residential ship, where more than 10,000,000 people live.

You have to assume, having seen the trailer, that the Frontier is the 11th Macross class colony ship, not the 11th "Super Long Distance Emigration Fleet". That would make it a Megaroad class. The numbers don't jive. And then we have the issue of 10 million colonists, which is WAY over what both class ships can hold. According to the Compendium, Megaroad class ships held 80,000 colonists, with the Macross class (the 7, atleast) holding 350,000. I guess this is where those colony pods that we see in the trailer would fit in. Which again makes it a Macross class colony ship.

Edited by Duke Togo

Just posting to be on the 1s page. XD

On related note, i took out my VF-17 and swooshed it around dodging imaginary missiles ala Macross F trailer. Good gawd at the rate I was going, i'm lucky nobody walked in on that embarassingly fun moment. XD

You have to assume, having seen the trailer, that the Frontier is the 11th Macross class colony ship, not the 11th "Super Long Distance Emigration Fleet".

That's what the text says.

Something to take into consideration: fleet numbers are most likely cycled to newly created fleets from those that are retired (aka have found and started a colony.)

If I'm remembering the story of VF-X2 correctly, the 13th Macross Battleship was at the Factory Satellite undergoing repairs/refurbishment/what have you. That implies that the 13th Super Long Distance Emigration Fleet has completed it's mission, and elements of it have returned to Earth to compose a new 13th Super Long Distance Emigration Fleet.

I must also stress the use of Super Long Distance, as there are also Short Distance Emigration Fleets. As per the Macross Compendium, those fleets work out to a distance of 100 light years (and are, given the available information, most likely responsible for founding and colonizing Eden.)

Presumably there is also a Long Distance Emigration Fleet as well, though I have yet to come across any information on them.

Therefore, there are much more than 13 Emigration Fleets in operation at any one time; 13 being the highest number stated to date (if I'm remembering Macross correctly.) It is also unlikely that any one fleet has been in continuous operation since the emigration plan started back in the 2010's.

I can't post regularly at the moment, but I lurk the thread of Macross Frontier. I discovered Graham has posted two more pics at these links

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?act=...st&id=47629

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?act=...st&id=47627

but I can't access the pics. Is it because the thread was moved?

Aside from this, has someone discovered where the piece of the Fighter over the intakes disappear when the shoulders come out in Battroid?

FV

Concerning a "fact thread", there's no official site for the series out at the moment for starters. Most of the info that we have has been posted on ANN. sketchley has also been posting his translations (whom you should all be thanking) on Macross RPG. He also appears to the the lone individual who is translating the articles into readable English, and not machine English.

Well, maybe not a fact thread since facts are so few. However, as Duke Togo has suggested, a thread that collects what little information is available would be nice. Actually, I was thinking perhaps an "image page" would be nice too, a collection of all the screen shots and scans MOST important to fans. Things like all the magazine spreads with characters and the like as well as Vic's transformation collage.

Oh, and BTW, I already did! See my old post lost thanks for translation :)

Edited by Mr March

100 light years (and are, given the available information, most likely responsible for founding and colonizing Eden.)

Presumably there is also a Long Distance Emigration Fleet as well, though I have yet to come across any information on them.

Therefore, there are much more than 13 Emigration Fleets in operation at any one time; 13 being the highest number stated to date (if I'm remembering Macross correctly.) It is also unlikely that any one fleet has been in continuous operation since the emigration plan started back in the 2010's.

I won't put too much effort into the thinking about why it's the 11th fleet. M7 was the 37th colonization fleet. And 13 Megaroads and 7 New-Macross obviously doesn't equal 37.

but I can't access the pics. Is it because the thread was moved?

Reposted for you viewing pleasure:

vf25hires1vv5.th.jpgvf25hires2yk2.th.jpg

I won't put too much effort into the thinking about why it's the 11th fleet. M7 was the 37th colonization fleet. And 13 Megaroads and 7 New-Macross obviously doesn't equal 37.

Reading the files at the compendium it says that 1-2 megaroads were launched per year, if they did this straight on till the launch of the New Macross was first launch it would equal out to 37. Although we have up to at least 13 New Macross fleets being mentioned with the 13th being mentioned in VFX2, so it would actually be around 43 really.

this is going to piss off the new guy who's MF thread just got closed... :p

I am the new guy who's thread just got closed. I am happy. :lol: See? Just glad to know that someone is already on the topic, and now I can mooch off of all the cool info that you guys find out. I've been waiting for ver two decades for this, so I'll take Macross F any which way I can get it.

Reading the files at the compendium it says that 1-2 megaroads were launched per year, if they did this straight on till the launch of the New Macross was first launch it would equal out to 37. Although we have up to at least 13 New Macross fleets being mentioned with the 13th being mentioned in VFX2, so it would actually be around 43 really.

Keep in mind, that whenever they change the class of emigration ship, they seem to start the numbering over. The Megaroad series went to "at least" 13 fleets. The Macross City ship fleets went to "at least" 13 as well. In both cases there were likely more but not mentioned.

This new fleet is clearly a new class of emigration ship and most likely the 11th fleet of it's type to launch (kind of a commentary on how huge the human/zentreadi races have grown in 60 years from SW1 to be able to fill 11 fleets of 10 million peeps...!).

Like you quoted I wouldn't worry about it too much because if you did then you'd start to realize that Humanity is mostly subsumed into the Zentraedi by the time M:F comes around. ^_^

Just because 1 to 2 Megaroads were launched a year, doesn't mean they were together.

Ok, so, the Marcoss 7 was of the 37th Colonization Fleet. The Frontier is part of the 11th Fleet, but takes place after Macross 7. Or we are assuming, because of the mecha we see, but the year given is 20XX. Oh, and they seem to have lost the UN Spacy kite.

This is all very strange.

Just because 1 to 2 Megaroads were launched a year, doesn't mean they were together.

Ok, so, the Marcoss 7 was of the 37th Colonization Fleet. The Frontier is part of the 11th Fleet, but takes place after Macross 7. Or we are assuming, because of the mecha we see, but the year given is 20XX. Oh, and they seem to have lost the UN Spacy kite.

I didn't say they were together, I was helping to explain the disparity in numbers.

And after looking more closely at the image of the colony ships, unless they are so huge that the buildings are size of fleas, I'm more inclined to believe that they are more likely to be farming or pasture vessels.

So far, it all seems to be coming along very nicely. As posted earlier, I think it may be a good idea to have a fact bulletin put up here on this thread. I'm sure there are many asking questions like, "when is it out?", "What's it about?" and of course, all the pics, like what Graham is doing.

Going by the numbers, there would have to be 30 Megaroads, and at least 12 New macross Class out by the time of VFX-2. Since the Macross 13 hadn't launched on a colony mission, & was still in Earth orbit, it should be safe to assume that it hadn't been completed/left Earth yet. Others have questioned whether New Macross & Megaroads were re-used for new fleets, but that doesn't even remotely make sense, since the City portions of the ships were the main basis for the initial colonization, and the Battle portions would almost definately need to stay for planetary defense. The more likely answer, is that the 11th Super Long Distance thing is either a translation error, the Frontier fleet is based around the 11th of the New Macross class, or it's based around the 11th of a newer colony ship design.

Got the Macross Frontier Image Page just about done. can somebody check all the thumbnails go to the correct pics please.

However, I can't figure out how to add the two You Tube clips in Dreamweaver. Just copying and pasting the embeded links in ou Tube doesn't seem to work.

It's very rough at the moment. When I have time, I'll try to add headings for the pics.

Sorry for not crediting everybody by name, but I ddn't have time to go through the old thread to figure out who posted what.

Any suggestions what to add?

Graham

I just checked all the thumbnails and they're showing up in the correct spot.

How about adding the staff that's working on Frontier.

Edited by UN Spacy

How about this?

The space-time anomaly that split timelines puts SDF: Macross and Plus in one timeline; while Zero and M7 go the other way. (MII? Who even cares about MII?)

For the record, there are people who do care about Macross II, thank you very much!

I'm still thinking Macross F will be related to the APHOS/AFOS.... I can't wait till the 31st of December!

Going by the numbers, there would have to be 30 Megaroads, and at least 12 New macross Class out by the time of VFX-2. Since the Macross 13 hadn't launched on a colony mission, & was still in Earth orbit, it should be safe to assume that it hadn't been completed/left Earth yet. Others have questioned whether New Macross & Megaroads were re-used for new fleets, but that doesn't even remotely make sense, since the City portions of the ships were the main basis for the initial colonization, and the Battle portions would almost definately need to stay for planetary defense. The more likely answer, is that the 11th Super Long Distance thing is either a translation error, the Frontier fleet is based around the 11th of the New Macross class, or it's based around the 11th of a newer colony ship design.

I suspect the the "Pill" ships are the new class. If there is a City class ship bringing up the rear as it appears it may be for support or administrative purposes.

Oh GAWD I hope they abandon the stupid "Milky Road" nonsense from Macross 7!

Got the Macross Frontier Image Page just about done. can somebody check all the thumbnails go to the correct pics please.

However, I can't figure out how to add the two You Tube clips in Dreamweaver. Just copying and pasting the embeded links in ou Tube doesn't seem to work.

It's very rough at the moment. When I have time, I'll try to add headings for the pics.

Sorry for not crediting everybody by name, but I ddn't have time to go through the old thread to figure out who posted what.

Any suggestions what to add?

Graham

Thank you Graham, great job

Thanks for the page Graham. Great work.

New VF-25 and SV-51 nearly identical. Specially at transformation. Or at least i see it that way.

I don't like parallel universes and other time-space distortion tales for this series. I hope it goes as chronology.

By the way for whish one we accept for cannon. DYRL or Macross Saga? I have a idea for that. I think we can accept Flashbacks 2012 as canon. Because it contains movie and series and connect each other together.