Yamato GN-U Non-transforming Macross Action Figures

Graham

that's great news...but now I wonder how will Yamato overcharge and overpackage 4 peaces of plastic and a small stand this time now...

glew the fast packs on so you have to buy a second toy to get them :ph34r:

also VF-X toy's look awsome

I just love my GN-U YF-21. The plastic quality does take it into a whole new level compared to the Revy. You really could make a partsforming fighter with some work!

It would be perfect but the articulation wasn't up to what the real GN-U frame shows possible. Just a little swivel joint in the middle of the hips (where you see the black line) would free it up a lot.

This little toy has shown me that I like the 21's anime magic robot mode over fighter. I'll probably dump my 1/60 YF-21 since its Battroid hasn’t grown on me and I just find the toy too expensive to just keep in fighter mode. Yamato's cute 1/200 fixed pose gasapons can satiate my fighter hunger a lot cheaper.

I just love my GN-U YF-21. The plastic quality does take it into a whole new level compared to the Revy. You really could make a partsforming fighter with some work!

It would be perfect but the articulation wasn't up to what the real GN-U frame shows possible. Just a little swivel joint in the middle of the hips (where you see the black line) would free it up a lot.

This little toy has shown me that I like the 21's anime magic robot mode over fighter. I'll probably dump my 1/60 YF-21 since its Battroid hasn’t grown on me and I just find the toy too expensive to just keep in fighter mode. Yamato's cute 1/200 fixed pose gasapons can satiate my fighter hunger a lot cheaper.

Yeah me too, from my observation, these gn-us are made based on kawamoris sketches? I realised that the vf-11b with its big arms and nearly oval legs(unlike its 1/72) is based on these sketches/illustration. If you google vf-11b, these illustration can b seen in steelfalcon compedium. Even so for vf-19 and 21. These illustration is really detailed for macross zeros especially sv-51s. Does this mean macross zeros gn-u will be unimaginably detailed? I really cant wait for vf-1s gn-u, will it look like the revoltechs.

Definitely buying the VF-19A and white VF-11, they look great.

Graham

I have the yf-21, getting the yf-19 for comparison since the arm for my yf-21 gn-u is loose but it does not affect overall poseability and playability, the molding inside is fine but not quite fit/loose? Anyone notice this?

That's the IHP resin kits.

Graham

Its ok Radar, I got the pun. :wacko:

Anyways, I went into ToyTown in Eastwood City lastnight with the intent of purchasing the VF-11 GN-U, but they wanted 1999P for it, which is about $44. So obviously I passed, since 44 is way overpriced for 1 GN-U.

I do really want an 11 for sure though, as well as the new one thats coming out soon. Beautiful!

Anyways, I went into ToyTown in Eastwood City lastnight with the intent of purchasing the VF-11 GN-U, but they wanted 1999P for it, which is about $44. So obviously I passed, since 44 is way overpriced for 1 GN-U.

I do really want an 11 for sure though, as well as the new one thats coming out soon. Beautiful!

if you're still in manila, try looking for the gnu at greattoys goldcrest makati , i got mine for 1,100P. if they're out, there's a store near them that sells it for 1200P.

Edited by m0n5t3r

:lol: yeah the vf-11 is too detailed to be a gn-u, but of course the gn-us are sufficiently detailed dun get me wrong

I can't read japanese so I'm not clear on the inner movable frame, is it the torse that will now be able to pivot up and down and sideways like the Revoltechs?? will they improve it on their existing macross line or will it be available for other lines

that's what really limited the GNU poseability... I hope it is... cause this is the reason I didn't buy this yet and I don't like the revoltech finish and size... sweet, guess I save myself by waiting and will be getting a more articulated toy with FP... yes!

You're forgetting that the GNU frame isn't implemented in whole on all GNU toys and that the parts of the frame that are implemented are often blocked by the outer shell of the toy. I wouldn't expect future versions of the YF-19, YF-21 or VF-11 to be any more poseable than the current batch.

• 5 weeks later...