Yamato GN-U Non-transforming Macross Action Figures

Graham

VF-1A M&M Arcade ver. please.

Clear Blue and Red, and also release them in 1/60 v.2. I've been pineing for this for ages.

If it doesn't happen i'll just grab 1A heads and paint them red to suit the M&M Super releases.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Clear Blue and Red, and also release them in 1/60 v.2. I've been pineing for this for ages.

If it doesn't happen i'll just grab 1A heads and paint them red to suit the M&M Super releases.

Clear or not (not sure how it would look with the inner parts of the toy design), the arcade version would be a collector's dream.

Milk the mold, damn it!

They claim this to be a TV version 1S. However, the arrows on the head are in yellow, not black.

That's very disappointing.

at least its easier to paint yellow arrows into black, but NOT vice versa.

you can even just use gundam markers to do the job

Was going to avoid the GNU VF-1 toys, but I'll probably pick up one now, but just the VF-1S I reckon. Not going to collect all the variations, that's what the 1/60 line is for.

Graham

Me too, I'm going to grab the VF-1S, but that's it.

They are simply too expensive - and not worth the price IMHO - and on top of that, to collect the variations, you need to pay extra for the exclusive ones. Namely the Kakizaki 1A thus far.

I've seen the same Hikaru and Max versions a while back in In's Point, upper floor a corner shop.

I honestly still don't think these GNU valks are worth the price tag, and the VF1 is not exactly the "rare" valk we need to have no matter the scale. Even though the VF100s are a bit pricey, at least they transform (partsforming is flawed but the model IS transformable after all).

Guest sh002

i'd get these if yamato made them a little larger. i wouldn't mind nontransforming mech like the regult or qrau but in 1/100 scale.

• 2 months later...

They come on a blister card now huh? Did they drop the retail price?

EDIT - I really hate Yamato's milking sometimes. They've shown pictures of GNUs with fastpacks/strike parts. Why are they now selling the toys without them? So they can double dip later. Weak.

Edited by jenius

Still haven't seen these here in Wanchai, but then again, I'm too lazy to get my ass over to Ins Point.

My pick up 1 if I find them.

Graham

I didn't find it in In's... Even the shop who sold VF-1J and Max 1A didn't have it this time. Neither for the CF 1A.

I got mine in Animate of Mongkok. You may try your luck in Causeway Bay Animate!

They come on a blister card now huh? Did they drop the retail price?

EDIT - I really hate Yamato's milking sometimes. They've shown pictures of GNUs with fastpacks/strike parts. Why are they now selling the toys without them? So they can double dip later. Weak.

I would even imagine you would need to replace parts of the VF to accomodate the armor parts, too. Very weak. The wings don't even have missile hard points. I can even see having to replace the wings if they decided to include missiles. I really hate the route they went in designing the arms at the elbows and the backs of the knees look weak with the joint exposed like that. They should have incorporated the ribbed detail that the VF-1's have back there.

HLJ has the Mac+ GNUs for sale, so combined with their free EMS shipping deal, I bit.

For a little over $10 USD a pop, they're a good deal, and I'm glad that I own them. But no way would I pay over $30 for one. If they keep going on sale, I'll grab as many as I can. I just wish they had thigh swivels. The 11B and the 21 can manage, but the 19 really needs more range of motion, and thigh swivels would help immensely. I also echo the complaints about not including fast packs. Kaiyodo did it. For these prices, it's very lame.

3992925893_018acc9ba0_b.jpg

3993686352_9bb937cff3_b.jpg

3992927491_10c445ac86_b.jpg

3993688106_a3742b6f51_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...