Yamato GN-U Non-transforming Macross Action Figures

Graham

YAMATO!!!!!

Please do VF-4, VF-9 and VF-5000 in the GN-U line. That we would buy!!!! WAKE THE F&@% up!!!!

screw that, make them 1/60s! :p

Actually, looking at that photo of the GN-U VF-1, I'm not really thrilled by the sculpt. Probably will pass. Sick of the VF-1 anyway.

Graham

agreed

I think Yamato is in a position where they could already release unreleased Macross Valkyries and do well with this line. This is just lame that they are going with the VF-1, and more than likely, without super/strike parts initially. I was hoping Kaiyodo would take the lead and start pumping out other Macross mecha, too. The Regult is a good start. I wonder how well those have sold? I bought 2, and I would love to pick up at least 2 more. Back when Bandai and K&M released their Macross trading/gashapon figures a few years ago, I was so stoked by the fact that they had enemy mecha and the Tomahawk in those sets, that I bought extra sets just to be able to get more of the enemy mecha (Regults, Glaugs, Q Raus, and Tomahawks). The cool thing about Bandai's Macross Mission gashapon Regults is that you can have 3 variants. If you get the 2 Regults in the set, each one comes with either the horizontal missile launcher or the 2 vertical missile launchers like the one that comes with the Revoltech figure. You can remove the cannon plug and replace it with either of those missile launchers. The sculpt on them is very detailed, and they are painted very well - just lacking in markings.

• 1 month later...
Guest sh002

since this line is non-transforming, yamato should make some enemy mecha or zentradi figures. make them in 1/100, 1/72, or 1/60. preferably 1/72 or 1/60 for me.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got the yf-21 & yf-19 non fast pack version that they were selling at close out.

I have to change my opinion, these things are amazing. and very playable. too bad they were priced so high.

and, they don't have those garish ball joints.

for me, its going to be gn-u for robots and revoltechs for humanoid figures.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

nah... i've learned my lesson... ;)

i actually got my GN-Us on sale for about 65% of the retail price, but i still felt duped when when the figure+add-ons were announced and the prices of the first ones dropped even more (below 50%). so, a definite no for me... its just another thing i can definitely live without... :)

Edited by m0n5t3r

So from winning comps (19 and 11 GNU) and getting my own 21 GNU beforehand, i do like the Revy more poseability wise, can't see how GNU is any better.

Yes the finish is much nicer, but Revy Joints win imo.

I want to get the 21 fast packs with the so called extra joint body/poseability, and see how that fares. :p

Why the hell doesn't Revoltech bring out the 11B!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

They should make zero toys in this line. I would've rather see them than more vf-1 toys.

I may be late to agree to this statement, but I definitely would love to see a VF-0 figure someday, and Yamato's line is quite nice, even though they don't transform and don't come with a stand.

• 2 weeks later...
So from winning comps (19 and 11 GNU) and getting my own 21 GNU beforehand, i do like the Revy more poseability wise, can't see how GNU is any better.

Yes the finish is much nicer, but Revy Joints win imo.

That's a matter of indidual opinion and personal taste.

Personally, I prefer the GNUs.

IMO, the Revys being made of PVC look cheap and the joints are actually the major turn off for me as they are visually unappealing.

I think the GNU has about 70-80% of the articulation of a Revy, but is made of much better materials and looks much nicer.

Again, just personal taste.

I bought both the Revys and GNUs when they came out, but the Revys have all since been consigned to the trash, where as the GNUs are still in my display cabinet.

Graham

I like both, but damn, could the GN-U's use a little more detail. And I'm just speaking for the Macross Plus ones at this point, but it's looking as if the VF-1's are going to be lacking, too. And then, of course, is the lack of inclusion of armor parts with all the figures, which looks like is going to be yet another downside for the VF-1's.

From what I've seen on eBay of the Macross Plus ones, you can get the actual figures for less than the armor parts!

That's a matter of indidual opinion and personal taste.

Personally, I prefer the GNUs.

IMO, the Revys being made of PVC look cheap and the joints are actually the major turn off for me as they are visually unappealing.

I think the GNU has about 70-80% of the articulation of a Revy, but is made of much better materials and looks much nicer.

Again, just personal taste.

I bought both the Revys and GNUs when they came out, but the Revys have all since been consigned to the trash, where as the GNUs are still in my display cabinet.

Graham

lol you threw the revies in the trash? :( man tough to be a toy in your cabinet! :D Yeah personal tastes mate, i really do love the GNU, just saying which wins overall imo.

The finish on the GNU 21 is fantastic, compared to the cheapo but good enough on the REvy, like mentioned i hope the VF-0 gets GNU'd.

And at the same time i would like a Revoltech VF-11B or other line.

I love to have something that can extreme pose, like the v.2, sooo much better than the 1/48.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Yep, I really did throw all my Revys in the trash (YF-19, YF-21, VF-1A Hikaru & VF-1S Focker).

I can be brutal sometimes.

Graham

Dude, that sucks. Think about all the poor Macross starved people in North America who desperately need Macross toys :(

Yep, I really did throw all my Revys in the trash (YF-19, YF-21, VF-1A Hikaru & VF-1S Focker).

I can be brutal sometimes.

Graham

Did the same to my GN-U. Overpriced ****! :p

No I kid, didn't do that as I don't own any GN-U as they are overpriced... ...****! LOL :p

My Revy's hold great pride in my display cabinet. :)

With that said I am still very keen on a Millia VF-1J GN-U... Oh wait, Yamato is releasing everything else from the Macross Universe before that like in the 1/60 v2! :angry:

Edited by Omegablue

Who else thinks that this will be another line which will still have no Zentradis? :(

And yeah, it seems Kaiyodo lost their license to do more. Pity, cause if their line had Zentradis, it would be selling reissues of their VF-1's.

The GNU 1J and Max 1A are coming by the end of this month... So I am digging up this thread.

I thought hard whether to buy the Revy valks... And I still haven't got any.

I know how posable those little guys are; but the painting (of VF-1) are horrible to me. It looks like my own paintwork.

(BTW, the Revy Regults are great and I got three. I can't believe they are from the same line - the toy looks clean and painted very nice)

I may still get one if the price is right; my budget is around US$12. I f not, I'll pass and save my bucks for the GNU. Probably.

GNU looks clean and much better on its look. However, it's insanely expensive in the MSRP. If you buy two and a half GNU 1J, you can already get a 1/60 v2 VF-1J. Which is much bigger and transformable with great posability.

I expect the street price would be much much lower than the MSRP... Otherwise it won't sell. The VF100, in the same price range, is at least a part-former. Still the VF100 price has dropped from US$45 to US$25 already (here in Hong Kong).

Have seen the GNU 1J and Max 1A in person... so to speak.

They are being sold at US$35 here, for reference, maybe better deals in other shops.

Impression is that the pics look better than the real thing. Overall I like the script of GNU much better than the Revoltech, so is the paint job.

However, not enough to pay 2.5x for it... On the other hand, I see that some older GNU VFs are being sold at US$14. Probably there is a lot of room for price drop~ I'll wait.

In's Point maybe? I saw the pair, VF-1A and VF-1J Max and Hikaru liveries, both come with a clear stand, but in a cheap looking package consisting of plastic trays glued to a cardboard back. To me they looked a bit lame, compared to publicity photos. paintjob was fine, but the white plastic looked a bit transluscent and the heatshiled revealed a lot of cockpit.

I was tempted to get the VF-X (?) special livery VF-11B instead but I didn't: keep hoping for Regult or Queadlunn releases...

Who else thinks that this will be another line which will still have no Zentradis? :(

And yeah, it seems Kaiyodo lost their license to do more. Pity, cause if their line had Zentradis, it would be selling reissues of their VF-1's.

Kaiyodo lost their license? That blows. I really liked what they did so far.

Wanted them to do a Glaug at least, rats.

Can they pick up the Mospeada license? Hope so . . .

Anybody know if the GN-U Macross Plus FAST Pack sets out yet?

And there is no confirmation that Kaiyodo lost their Macross licence. Could be a lot of reasons why we haven't seen any new Macross Revys in a while. Most likely tghe licence expired and they chose not to renew it. Loads Macross of Revys still sitting on shelves here.

Graham

Anybody know if the GN-U Macross Plus FAST Pack sets out yet?

Hobby Search is showing them in:

http://www.1999.co.jp/search.asp?Typ1_c=11...}%83N%83%8D%83X

But only detailed pics for the -11B:

http://www.1999.co.jp/10083667

Not sure if this means they're on actual store shelves though......