Yamato GN-U Non-transforming Macross Action Figures

Graham

I would doubt that they would have the articulation and poseablility of the revoltechs. I am impressed by the poses in these pre production pics already. Of the three I like the sculpt on the YF-21 the best, then the VF-11b, and lastly the YF-19. I still think that the YF-19 is a bit too chubby in parts. Still it is good enough for me and cheaper than a 1/60 transforming one (which I still really want but still cant afford or prioritize for). Overall still very excited about these and now especially the YF-21 which was a design that I originally did not care much for. This one is great!

Edit for insanity. Thanks ruskiiVFaussie!

Edited by miriya

I love the pricepoint and all Macross Plus mecha, so these 3 shall be mine! Yeah, they won't be able to do crazy ninja stunts like my Revoltechs, but Valks aren't super robots to begin with.

Aren't super robots??? Blasphemy! With the likes of Isamu and Max's ability they could do anything they want!

Aren't super robots... peh!

I would doubt that they would have the articulation and poseablility of the revoltechs. I am impressed by the poses in these pre production pics already. Of the three I like the sculpt on the YF-21 the best, then the VF-11b, and lastly the YF-21. I still think that the YF-21 is a bit too chubby in parts. Still it is good enough for me and cheaper than a 1/60 transforming one (which I still really want but still cant afford or prioritize for). Overall still very excited about these and now especially the YF-21 which was a design that I originally did not care much for. This one is great!

:p you misplaced 19 twice.

:p you misplaced 19 twice.

That kills me! Thanks for catching that. I will update my ridiculous post!

BTW I got the Tanmen SD YF-19 and YF-21 resin models! I have no idea what to do with them but am excited to see them complete someday!

Sweet! Where did you get yours from? Pics Pics Pics! On the Hobbyfan website i placed a pre-order http://www.hobbyfan.com/product_info.php?p...s+VT-1Q+Ostrich

for this wayyyy cute VT-1 (SD?). I love it!

And i must admit the YF-19 is filthy too, http://www.hobbyfan.com/product_info.php?p...%2813cm+Long%29

i may just place an order...

Too bad they didn't do a SD YF-21!!! I'd be all over that one!

i know it's off topic, but i'll throw in this last link - http://www.hobbyfan.com/product_info.php?p...%2813cm+Long%29 VF-1S.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Sweet! Where did you get yours from? Pics Pics Pics! On the Hobbyfan website i placed a pre-order http://www.hobbyfan.com/product_info.php?p...s+VT-1Q+Ostrich

for this wayyyy cute VT-1 (SD?). I love it!

And i must admit the YF-19 is filthy too, http://www.hobbyfan.com/product_info.php?p...%2813cm+Long%29

i may just place an order...

Too bad they didn't do a SD YF-21!!! I'd be all over that one!

i know it's off topic, but i'll throw in this last link - http://www.hobbyfan.com/product_info.php?p...%2813cm+Long%29 VF-1S.

PM sent....

not the most current photos but you can see some more of the great models here

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models...m/uncm_main.htm

EDIT:

Apology for the Hijack. Sorry for being off topic.

Oh, I just realized, a lot of you may be watching the Super Bowl or whatever it is called. So you probably dont care if I hijack the white house as long as your team wins! :lol:

Bad bad bad me.

Edited by miriya

Looking OK, I'll reserve final judgment until I see a factory produced version.

The YF-19 actually has better knee articulation than its bigger brethren and notice no canard wings on the toy.

Oh and shouldn't the gullet part under the nose cone be painted differently?

ohhhh, what is the viewzoom directory? I want in!

If you're familiar with HTML, the viewzoom directory is the place where Yamato's website stores all of its high res images. Within this directory are also images that the public website lists as "Coming Soon," meaning that we (the public) are not supposed to be seeing these images yet. charger69 is linking directly to those images in his post. If Yamato's webmaster notices that these images are getting dozens of hits despite the fact that they're not listed publically, he or she may restrict direct linking to that folder, thus depriving us of high-res sneak peaks in the future. Rather than linking directly to Yamato's viewzoom directory, it'd be a better idea to include them as attachments within a post.

If you're familiar with HTML, the viewzoom directory is the place where Yamato's website stores all of its high res images. Within this directory are also images that the public website lists as "Coming Soon," meaning that we (the public) are not supposed to be seeing these images yet. charger69 is linking directly to those images in his post. If Yamato's webmaster notices that these images are getting dozens of hits despite the fact that they're not listed publically, he or she may restrict direct linking to that folder, thus depriving us of high-res sneak peaks in the future. Rather than linking directly to Yamato's viewzoom directory, it'd be a better idea to include them as attachments within a post.

Ahhh, good call!

The 21's gun looks.. out of place. They went for a slick stylized 21 with a gun that looks more like it'd go better with a brawny sculpt like the one shown on the 19.

These are not the GNu line from Yamato B)) This YF-19 has thicker upper arms and no movable knee joints. Look at the previous pictures and you'll see the differences.

What are these ones? Who's models are they? Thanks for the pics.

I think the highly-stylized -19 and -21 are Wave kits. Not sure who made the other -19, but I think it was a kit, too. I hope Kaiyodo puts out Revoltech Macross Plus figures that are more dynamic looking like these. Or, better yet, if these are Wave kits, it would be cool to see Wave put out figures based on these. Wave does nice PVC character figures, so even if they weren't poseable, they would still look nice.

Looking at what Yamato is presenting in that little figure line-up it makes me wonder if there going to go all out and make high quality versions of say the Baxinger or the GoShogun. We know the chance of a 1/60 VF-11B is likely, but I think it would be awesome to see a highly detailed Baxinger toy as well. It also looks like Yamato will be including Dancouga and Dancouga Nova in this line up of figures as well.